Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 31, 2014, 01:29 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Are any of you from the Reno club planning on joining us for some Night Flying on Saturday the 12th after your Egg Hunt event?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2014, 01:40 AM
Test
Mar 31, 2014, 01:48 AM
test
Mar 31, 2014, 07:58 AM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama View Post
Are any of you from the Reno club planning on joining us for some Night Flying on Saturday the 12th after your Egg Hunt event?
John,

My dad and I plan to be flying in Fernly with you guys, probably not at night but during the day.

Thom,

What is the Egg Hunt? Is there flying involved?
Mar 31, 2014, 07:59 AM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairFlyer214 View Post
test
Yup, the forum works.
Mar 31, 2014, 12:45 PM
Joshua, it's a balloon bust contest just like the Turkey shoot. Also Chip wanted to talk to you about the contest that you want to host. I will send you a PM with his phone number.
Mar 31, 2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairFlyer214 View Post
test
It's working Corsair.
Apr 06, 2014, 09:51 PM
Nice day of flying out at the field today and the added bonus was getting to watch Rudy maiden his SAB Goblin 770 Competition Flybarless Electric Helicopter.
Beautiful thing to see airborne.
Rudy has gone to the dark side. He is now flying electric.
Apr 12, 2014, 05:37 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2014

A great time was had by all but I can not say the same for some of the aircraft evolved in the competition.
May 16, 2014, 12:29 AM
flyingnut29
Question about electric: does anybody know if it is better to use 2 batteries or 1 big battery when flying a twin. I need to buy a new battery(s) for the twin I am building. It has 2 brushless motors with 2 ESC's. OR does it really matter at all?

Thanx
May 16, 2014, 08:03 AM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingnut29 View Post
Question about electric: does anybody know if it is better to use 2 batteries or 1 big battery when flying a twin. I need to buy a new battery(s) for the twin I am building. It has 2 brushless motors with 2 ESC's. OR does it really matter at all?

Thanx
We use one big battery in all of our twins, but that's simply because our twins are fairly small, the largest being 300watts per motor.

Its OK to use two batteries on a twin if one battery doesn't deliver enough wattage. I would parallel or series them (depending on your voltage or amperage requirements) if I were you, this would ensure that each motor is getting the exact same voltage reducing the chances of asymmetric thrust due to a weak battery.
May 25, 2014, 10:30 AM
flyingnut29
Tyvm, makes sense. I did buy one big lipo for this model. We'll see what happens.
Bob
Jun 23, 2014, 12:40 AM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Drone Wars. July 12th in Fernley.
Jun 29, 2014, 07:00 AM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama View Post
Drone Wars. July 12th in Fernley.

Thanks John, looks like a lot of fun. The Truckee Air Show is on the same day, its going to be a tough decision...
Jun 29, 2014, 09:05 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley View Post
Thanks John, looks like a lot of fun. The Truckee Air Show is on the same day, its going to be a tough decision...
DANG! And I thought I found a weekend free of local aviation events. If you choose Truckee, I will forgive you. But if you choose "Drone Wars", I would love to close the airspace for scheduled flight demo of your wicked fast jets. Let me know.