Dec 30, 2013, 10:33 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Discussion

Reno Radio Control Club

This is a thread for general discussions pertaining to the Reno Radio Control Club, its members, and friends of the club. Feel free to post when you're flying, what you're building, photos, and anything to do with our fine club and this awesome sport.

RRCC Information:

The Reno Radio Control Club is proud to feature Northern Nevada's Premier RC Flying Site.

The AMA Chartered Reno Radio Control Club (RRCC) was established in 1965 to promote and enhance the hobby of RC flying, including gas and electric airplanes, helicopters and gliders. RRCC is a family based club and hosts a number of spectacular events every year. We invite you to join our club and to visit our flying field.

http://renorcclub.org/
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Our Friends in Carson City and the High Sierra RC Club are Hosting the Frozen Finger Fly on New Years Day. Anyone planning on going? I'll be there briefly starting around 11:00am

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...nt_id=1249&i=0
Dec 30, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joshua, great idea! Subscribed. Steve
Dec 30, 2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks for doing this Joshua. I talked with Chip today and he mentioned you might be starting this. We might have Grandson and Granddoggies sitting duty Tuesday night and that will determine if I will be able to make it to CC Wednesday morning.
Dec 31, 2013, 04:56 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP

Pylon 2014

Gents,

I just got word that the new racing airframe for 2014 is the Soar 40 from Hobby King. I just ordered two, and even though I'm all electric I'm going to suck it up and fly a slimer glow plane just for the enjoyment of competition.

Purchasing Tip, Save Some Money!:. Go to the Soar 40 page on Hobbyking.com and just hang out there for 15 minutes or so. Eventually a little screen will pop up with a one time special offer. Normally $66 at the USA warehouse, I got mine for $61 once the little offer popped up!

-Joshua
Dec 31, 2013, 07:20 PM
Official Boat Bum
Good thread guys, it would great to hear about the goings on at RRCC. All the best to you guys and here is to a strong north valley RC scene. I'll see some of you guys at the frozen finger RC meet tomorrow.
Jan 01, 2014, 07:26 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP

Carson City Frozen Finger Fly

Below are some photos from the Frozen Finger Fly at Carson today. It was a beautiful day to fly, calm to light winds blowing right down the runway and my truck indicated 44* temp at the start and 52* when we left.

There was a good turnout, better than I anticipated. Glow, electric, EDFs, and quads all took to the sky. I didn't see any accidents, although I believe there were a couple. EddieP flew a beautiful F-86 and F-35 both with retracts. He's a great pilot and puts on a very scale demonstration.

Thanks to the High Sierra RC Club for putting this on, what a nice facility you guys have!

Thanks to EddieP for spotting for me and removing a disabled aircraft on the runway as I was landing my big EDF.

And a BIG Thanks to my wife for watching the kids and taking the photos while I flew.

-Joshua
Jan 01, 2014, 10:00 PM
Looks like a fun day Josh. We had grandson and doggie today so I was not able to make it.
In a couple of weeks I'm going to have my electric T-34, Electrostik and Flyzone Beaver ready for a maiden. Gee I wish I knew someone who could maiden them for me.
Thom
Jan 01, 2014, 10:34 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyRC View Post
Looks like a fun day Josh. We had grandson and doggie today so I was not able to make it.
In a couple of weeks I'm going to have my electric T-34, Electrostik and Flyzone Beaver ready for a maiden. Gee I wish I knew someone who could maiden them for me.
Thom
Thom,

I think I know someone that would love to maiden those aircraft for you! Let me know and I'll start the approval process (kissing butt and doing chores) for a kitchen pass from my wife.

-Joshua
Jan 02, 2014, 02:01 PM
Official Boat Bum
Joshua you fly a great jet (both your well built and designed aircraft and your flying skills) and it was certainly nice meeting your fantastic flying family. Glad to see the RC scene in Northern Nevada starting out right for 2014! All the best to the RRCC guys.
Jan 04, 2014, 01:27 PM
AMA 8614

Thanks for coming down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Wesley View Post
Below are some photos from the Frozen Finger Fly at Carson today. It was a beautiful day to fly, calm to light winds blowing right down the runway and my truck indicated 44* temp at the start and 52* when we left.

There was a good turnout, better than I anticipated. Glow, electric, EDFs, and quads all took to the sky. I didn't see any accidents, although I believe there were a couple. EddieP flew a beautiful F-86 and F-35 both with retracts. He's a great pilot and puts on a very scale demonstration.

Thanks to the High Sierra RC Club for putting this on, what a nice facility you guys have!

Thanks to EddieP for spotting for me and removing a disabled aircraft on the runway as I was landing my big EDF.

And a BIG Thanks to my wife for watching the kids and taking the photos while I flew.

-Joshua
Joshua.... It was great to have you guys down for the FFF. Last year we had a bunch of snow. Your flying was fantastic and we hope you will come down often. You are always welcome. Bob Jones, President
Jan 17, 2014, 12:10 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Anyone flying this weekend? I'll be there Saturday afternoon with my Dad if all goes to plan. Hope to see some of you there!

Joshua
Jan 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
Joshua, do you have an idea about what time you will be out there? If I can get something put together I just might join you.
Thom
Jan 17, 2014, 01:23 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Around 2:00pm if all goes as planned. Should be out there for two or three hours. Might bring the big green Charger jet.
Jan 19, 2014, 12:16 AM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Thread OP
Dad and I had the field all to ourselves today. Colder and breezier than we anticipated, but not a bad day considering it's the middle of January.

Charger jet suffered a minor incident with a nose gear collapse. Minor damage, should be repaired within a couple weeks. Check out the video:

Charger EDF @ Reno RC Club, nose gear failure. (3 min 48 sec)

Quick Reply