Sep 10, 2019, 03:24 PM
J. That is cool that the whole family likes the Intruder. Glad you are having so much fun with your A-6. Has anyone read the book "Flight of the Intruder"? Areally good book. I read in in the early '90's. I have a lot of work to do to mine before she is the air. But the one thing i will need to make is the fan cover. Mine is missing that. If any one has one for sale, please PM me. If not I will make it.

Thanks for a geat thread on the A-6

Gene
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 03:34 PM
aka ShadowVFX
I've seen theovie Flight of the Intruder, but have not read the book. Is it significantly different?
Sep 10, 2019, 03:41 PM
Innocent Bystander
Willem Dafoe ain't in the book !!
Sep 10, 2019, 04:54 PM
Flight of the Intruder is a great movie!! I've watched it many times and still love it.
Sep 11, 2019, 07:07 AM
The film was actually shot on a real aircraft carrier, this is not a virtual movie!
Special effects are minimal!
Only a shot from a shotgun and hit in the glass of the cabin ..... a little invented
He could not get into this part of the plane,shooting from the EARTH .
But it doesn’t matter anymore
Sep 11, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeysharkdog
J. That is cool that the whole family likes the Intruder. Glad you are having so much fun with your A-6. Has anyone read the book "Flight of the Intruder"? Areally good book. I read in in the early '90's. I have a lot of work to do to mine before she is the air. But the one thing i will need to make is the fan cover. Mine is missing that. If any one has one for sale, please PM me. If not I will make it.

Thanks for a geat thread on the A-6

Gene
Yep, my wife started flying before we got married over 25 years ago. Son started flying about 5 years ago.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:41 PM
Yea there is. A lot more detail. A better story. It has been too long since I saw the movie, but it doesn't do justice to the book.
Sep 11, 2019, 08:44 PM
J. The family that flys together stays together!! His and Her A-6 Intruders! Hee! Hee!
Sep 12, 2019, 10:48 AM
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
I read the book before seeing the movie, and from what I recall, Jake's girlfriend had a much bigger role in the book. It is my understanding that Rosanna Arquette was struggling (addiction?) during the shooting, so they had to reduce her role. I believe the ending is significantly different. And yes, much more detail in the book of what it was like to be an intruder aircrew.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:57 PM
EDF rules... :)
I wanted to say that Motion RC is the fastest in delivering to their customers.
Thanks!
But there was a problem but it will be easily fixed I think as one of the spares I ordered was a part for the F35 - the canopy and I received a canopy for a Rebel V2.
I cant fault them as I imagine there were a lot of orders to fill since the big spare parts shipment came in.
Anyway thanks for getting me the most important things before the weekend.

Reference: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3097

To add to the A6 thread and stay on topic, I have 127 flight on it and love it. Wish it had a little more power for vertical maneuvers but I am happy with the way it flies and how it handles.
The only week spot is the mains but I have learned to land it lightly...

Cheers,
Eric B.
Sep 20, 2019, 07:33 PM
I too want to say thank yo to Motion RC. I ordered parts for my A-6 Intruder and my Dynam Corsair on Saturday the14th and they were at my door on Wednesday on 18th. Kudos to Motion RC! It was a good size order. Purchased new landing gear, screw set, pushrods, and decals. The gear will get my A-6 back on its feet. I did find out that my $5 A-6 is the upgraded version. I am really happy with the plane. Can't wait to see here in the air!

Blue Skys

Gene Williamson
Sep 21, 2019, 06:08 PM
Two good flights on my new A-6 today. Maiden was smooth. Second flight also good

Happy with the plane. The finish has some minor issues, though after my buddy adds the weathering details, the minor factory blemishes won't matter.

Mine is not the high-performance version, just the regular 6s variety. I used 4,000 mAh Turnigy HD batteries and flight times were respectable. I tend to cruise around between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle most of the time.

The video is not the full flight time on this battery, I kept the flight short just for the video. I flew a few more minutes on this pack.

It's a nice addition to my hangar!

Freewing A6E Intruder @ CCRC 09/21/19 (2 min 53 sec)
Last edited by Rentaroo; Sep 22, 2019 at 09:30 AM.
Sep 24, 2019, 07:16 PM
Rentaroo that is an awesome video of your A-6! loved the low passes!

Quick Reply