Jan 03, 2014, 01:32 AM
Official Boat Bum
I really respect the choice of making an A-6 and wish the kit run all the best in success. I hope all the components are good stuff, several of the latest foamies seem to be coming out with passable electronics, very fortunately. The high blade count fan is all the rage in trend and... hopefully it is a decent design too.

At least it's bigger than a 70mm, and with all due respect I'd almost have wished they went with a 90mm pushed to 1800 watts or so and with a larger airframe for a bit more wing area to carry all the detail an A-6 can have. Of course that would have reduced sales to the casual spur of the moment buyer... Looking forward to hearing how the first few sales turn out at the field, I'm sure it will be a fun jet to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2014, 03:23 AM
Gear jammin,Foam crackin!

Yeah, I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Looks awesome, flies like a hot damn. And I like the price. I,m gonna go broke at this rate.

Raven
Jan 03, 2014, 02:48 PM
Wow!! Looks like a new bird will be entering the hangar. Better prepare the wife now.
Jan 03, 2014, 04:02 PM
Closed Account
LOL looks like im going to make room in my hanger too
Jan 03, 2014, 04:03 PM
It's watts for dinner
I'm just going to have to build another hangar soon, I think...
Jan 03, 2014, 07:06 PM

how about this A-6 ??

I have always been a fan since Flight of the Intruder. Been wanting a nice model, but its the Goldilocks conundrum. This one would require me to acquire everything new ( trailer, bank account, wife, etc). The 80mm seems a bit small, but as I seriously doubt my luck at the tables or the market, this one might have to do.
Guess I will wait to see which direction the winds of the orient will blow before I commit. Will be waiting and watching once reports begin to trickle in.
Jan 03, 2014, 07:20 PM

for these high price jets, they better use high quality electronics
and great QA or just simply sell the kits to save trouble for
flyers ... the scale look is nice but the troubles should not be there

;-)

Jan 03, 2014, 10:58 PM
"The Uzitalo nine millimeter"
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

for these high price jets, they better use high quality electronics
and great QA or just simply sell the kits to save trouble for
flyers ... the scale look is nice but the troubles should not be there

;-)

I would say $299 is quite decent for this sweet baby.
Not many years ago, 299 would get me a 64mm cartoon jet with sub-par electronics from the market junk bin. They were utter crap, but I feel that the manufacturers has stepped up alot since then. I actually trust the innards now, from the big brand names.
Jan 04, 2014, 12:18 AM
Anybody notice the crappy plastic trunion on retract like on Durafly Corsair ??? Not the strongest on grass unless they've strenthened it one has to put a steel pin through pivot point otherwise it breaks on hardish landing.
Jan 04, 2014, 12:37 AM
These are black anodized metal trunnions like on the freewing A-10. Not the plastic.
Jan 04, 2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks....very deceptive..I'm glad to know that.
Jan 04, 2014, 02:53 AM
JBX
JBX
Dang... I just barely got the ready2fly yak 130 and haven't f;own it yet and now this beauty is out. Freewing is taking the lead on quality foams and this one is gonna kill my wallet. I'm already pining for Freewing's A-10 and now It's definitely the A-6. The fact a company has the juevos to produce some of the more non-conventional airplanes is a good jolt for the RC industry. Jeez, I would have puked if another P-51 or B-25 or F-15 came out even in a 90mm.
So thanks and congrats to Freewing for doing it right.
Jan 04, 2014, 03:13 AM
I don't see a good F-15 in EPO on the market ???
Jan 04, 2014, 03:51 AM
An A-4 would be awesome done by free wing. I really want to see a twin 90 F-14 in foam
Jan 04, 2014, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkzach
an a-4 would be awesome done by free wing. I really want to see a twin 90 f-14 in foam
+1.

Quick Reply