Syma x5c - Page 737 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 08:30 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer
The tx has slots for six batteries but the two outermost ones have no electrical contacts and are blocked off with rectangles of foam.
Spares.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 09:04 PM
No just using a battery box for a 6 batteries in a transmitter that only needs 4
Jan 17, 2018, 11:00 PM
aka MicroModDude
Finally got my newest drone! )

Watch "Syma X5HW Drone Unboxing Review" on YouTube
Syma X5HW Drone Unboxing Review (9 min 54 sec)
Jan 18, 2018, 05:23 AM
That connector is unique to only that quad. Don't purchase batteries for a standard X5-c. They will not work. Must be for altitude hold X5-HC or HW
Jan 18, 2018, 10:46 AM
aka MicroModDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
That connector is unique to only that quad. Don't purchase batteries for a standard X5-c. They will not work. Must be for altitude hold X5-HC or HW
Yea, luckily was able to return those others to Amazon.
Jan 18, 2018, 11:37 PM
aka MicroModDude
Here's my first flight in windy conditions.

Watch "Syma X5HW Drone First Flight Windy Conditions" on YouTube
Syma X5HW Drone First Flight Windy Conditions (3 min 34 sec)
Jan 19, 2018, 06:48 AM
Yea. Not a great wind flyer. Nice job. Surprised you went that high. Wind is way stronger up there. How did you get video out of the phone into U tube
Jan 19, 2018, 11:50 AM
aka MicroModDude
Quote:
Yea. Not a great wind flyer. Nice job. Surprised you went that high. Wind is way stronger up there. How did you get video out of the phone into U tube
Yea in wind its impossible to fly.

For the video I went to the Syma folder in my Android phone and copied it to my PC.
Jan 21, 2018, 03:23 PM
Finally got a chance to take my X5C-1 for a spin (had the flu) and Wow now that's one smooth fly'in bird....
Jan 21, 2018, 07:44 PM
Just fast enough. Very predictable. Next time you fly in wind make sure it is in Speed 3.
Jan 21, 2018, 09:45 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Next time you fly in wind make sure it is in Speed 3.
the 'ol "calibrate gyros while quad pitched forward a few degrees" trick alo helps heaps.
Jan 22, 2018, 06:53 AM
1st time I heard that trick. I have done the tip sideways to correct a problem
Jan 23, 2018, 12:16 PM
Quote:
1st time I heard that trick. I have done the tip sideways to correct a problem
Some quadcopter manuals don't describe such calibrating procedure but there is always a note to calibrate the gyroscope when the quadcopter is on the flat surface meaning the firmware assumes the quadcopter is really on the flat surface during the calibration. By changing the angle of the quadcopter before calibration it is possible to compensate whatever is causing an error (for example if gyroscope IC is soldered with the tilt).

Here is an excerpt from Eachine H8 manual:

Quote:
Troubleshooting:
After re-calibrate, micro four-axis still drifts in suspension.

Answer:
Put the micro four-axis in a horizontal plane, pad several layers of paper in the azimuth of drift (the tickness of the paper depends on the degree of the drift), then the accelerometer can be calibrated on the horizontal plane, so as to solve the drift problem.
Jan 29, 2018, 01:59 PM
Flew 8 pack thru her this weekend....super stable....reminds of my first time helis s107g from a few years back. (That I still enjoy flying).....took her up with cam on.....humm, so that's what some of my neighbors backyards looks like!
Jan 29, 2018, 03:04 PM
Yea it is scary from up there. Actually the X5 camera is not 1/2 bad. How high do you go ?
I never exceeded 60 feet with mine.

Quick Reply