Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 16, 2017, 10:01 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
if its not one, than its the other. I can never remember which it is, so I just try both until the lights flash.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
if its not one, than its the other. I can never remember which it is, so I just try both until the lights flash.
Well the lights flash both way.

Anyone else got an answer, thanks
Mar 16, 2017, 10:54 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
odd. all my syma x5 and x11 all only blink one way. I think its down right... but do nothing down left.

maybe they made it so either resets it now, so people like me didn't have to try and remember which it was...
Mar 16, 2017, 11:00 PM
I just saw a video - On the x8w going to the right sets the gyro, going to the left reset the headless mode.

Is that the same on the x5sc?
Mar 17, 2017, 08:29 AM
The owners manual says. Gyro is both sticks down and to the right. What I was saying on the newer ones after Xmas of 2015 they have headless. So my guess that is down to the left. Like I said there are multipurpose trans . and at least 3 versions of the X5
Mar 17, 2017, 02:13 PM
But on a x5sc( Blue explorer 2 x5sc) that I own it flashes the lights ( which must reset something) when you do it to the left AND when you do ti to the right. Going to the right in the manual says it sets the GYRO but nothing I read what down and to the left does. And if going to the down and left reset the headless mode - I don't even know what resetting it means - when you can just turn it off - what would be resetting there do if that's what down/left does?

And I know there are 3 versions I actually say there are 4 now.

Anyone with a x5sc can see it down/left flashes?
Mar 17, 2017, 03:01 PM
Yes it reset the headless mode. After flying and spinning and crashing the quad forgets its bearings. So while on the ground you reset the Gyro so it knows flat. And you tell it which way is forward. Do an experiment. Put it on the ground facing you. Do the both left and down. Now face away and fly it. Try the headless. It will be All backwards. The 1st X5-C did not have Headless... So they maybe never updated the manual.
1) X5 original no headless
2) X5-C New Version with headless
3) SW with wind bug and wifi
4 ) HW with altitude hold
5) X5-C-1 ( ???)
There might be another one there I missed..
Last edited by John Luciano; Mar 17, 2017 at 03:15 PM.
Mar 17, 2017, 11:20 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocars2
Well the lights flash both way.

Anyone else got an answer, thanks
One resets the gyros, the other resets the HEADLESS modes.
Mar 17, 2017, 11:59 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
so too the right does something useful, and to the left helps slow your progress of learning to fly.

good to know!
Mar 18, 2017, 09:13 AM
The only time I use headless on any quad is to do a selfi. It is just easier to frame a shot.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano
I give it 80% chance they won't. 1 year ago we discussed this. One has a wind bug the other does not. The SW is not compatible with the -C ... Even the old -C and New -C have a problem.
IMHO I would have spent the other $20 and not thrown away $25 on a chance it may work . Worse senerio you can swap the FCB . Then you will have a -C smaller motor SW ..
This is not a hobbie for the Frugal spender. If $30 is a problem . I had a friend that took up golf and complained every time he lost a golf ball. We had to search for 15 min .
The New X5C arrived today and, I am happy to say it works perfectly with the old X5SC TX. I guess I got lucky.

The new bird a little different, the battery compartment, the landing gear, no motor gear covers and the camera attachment, but all good and easy the get use too.
The X5C is a bit quieter and runs "smoother" than the year old X5SC.
It's great to be back in the game.

Thanks Xanuser for the offer on your old TX.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:24 PM
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that their X5C came with Headless Mode function?

thanks,
Ken
Mar 20, 2017, 06:35 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS999
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that their X5C came with Headless Mode function?

thanks,
Ken
yuch.
headless=pointless
Mar 20, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yuch.
headless=pointless

Thanks for nothing!
Mar 20, 2017, 08:49 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
No problem. Always happy to help new pilots progress!