V-1 Buzzbomb Kit - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 29, 2013, 07:47 PM
Discussion

V-1 Buzzbomb Kit

Here is my V-1 Buzzbomb rocket boosted RC glider,as a kit offering. 39" long and 26" wingspan, weight RTF is 11.5-12.5 oz and designed to fly on the aerotech reloadable 24mm D-7, E-7 and E-6 rc reloads. This will also fly quite well on the old D11P plugged motors. Or the Quest D5P motor available from Apogee components will work with appropriate adapter or taping it to fit.

I'm doing these one at a time, and they take me an hour and a half to cut, they are not laser cut, but are hand cut and fitted. I'm doing a lot of the work for you,. All tabs and slots are cut and test fit. Carbon wing spar is pre-installed as are the full flying tail surfaces. The motor mount is pre made. Basic steps are shown here along with instructions, basically the steps are gluing pieces together and taping.

Included:

Airframe with carbon spar and full flying tail surfaces installed
Nose weight
Pushrods
Motor mount
Rail buttons and screws or launch lug(your choice)
styrene strip for reinforcing
velcro for mounting rx/bec/battery
blenderm tape(for taping wires and reinforcing joints)

Needed to complete:
Receiver
BEC(voltage regulator for receiver/servos)
2s Lipo battery and nose weight, something around 1.5-1.7 ounces is fine, or use a lighter battery and add nose weight.
2 10 gram type servos, hs-55 hitec or similar
Transmitter with aileron/elevator mixing capability and ability to put elevator up-trim on a switch.
You will also need foam safe CA+ and accelerator.
Depron compatible paint(model master/testors non laquer are ok)
silver sharpie for panel lines if desired.

Wing loading is quite light and glide is very docile. You boost vertically on any standard pad with rail or rod, and keep the model flying straight up till burnout, then pitch over, set up your glide trim and enjoy.
Last edited by burkefj; Mar 02, 2016 at 10:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2015, 10:12 AM
Here is some video with it flying with the optional adapter and pusher electric motor..

Scratch built V-1 Buzzbomb RC pusher parkjet (4 min 7 sec)