Apr 07, 2015, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richaq
Hello, just bought your plans, im preparing everything to begin the journey to build this aircraft, i guess i received the v1 plans, when you release the v2 ,the ones we bought the v1 will get the v2?, im very interested in your aircraft, please do a build video for the v1, also how much invest are you willing to take?, ill be glad to help with something
The prototype and the v-2 are two different aircraft. for different purposes.
i believe i already sent the v-2 plans to you, as you would not be building the prototype, so there is no reason for you to pay for both designs.
if not , send me an email, and i'll sort you out.
there is now a build video for the Version 2.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2015, 10:23 PM

pods for dropping objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
Cant be too heavy an item because its not under thevfuse
whatever you can put in this pods will not affect the aircraft significantly.
if you're worried about it, they can be opened simultaneously, or the forward payload bay can be used for and even larger drop. it's on center, and under the c.g.
Last edited by Spike Webb; Jun 02, 2015 at 07:18 PM.
Apr 07, 2015, 10:24 PM

Plans and kit available now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWC
Subscribed and waiting for plans or a kit. I want a twin.
available now at

http://www.bearospaceindustries.com/store.html
Apr 07, 2015, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Webb
Thanks Spike,

What kind of flight times were you able to achieve with 3s 30000 mAH?

I'm going to order the kit and see how the build goes, a few questions...

What battery / esc / prop / kv motor do you recommend?

What kind of flight times were you getting with your optimal set up?
Last edited by quaddamage; Apr 07, 2015 at 11:39 PM.
Apr 08, 2015, 08:50 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
whatever you can put in this pods will not affect the aircraft significantly.
if you're worried about it, they can be opened simultaneously, or the forward payload bay can be used for and ben larger drop. it's on center, and under the c.g.

Oh i see you got two of them
I
Put my drop stuff under the fuse exaxtly on the cg
So it does not effect lateral balance or cg when dropped

I dropped some heavy stuff
Apr 16, 2015, 06:44 PM
Am I understanding this correctly that I must build this thing from paper?

It is really cool, but dang...

I am looking to expand from my skyhunter and I am looking for something significantly bigger. If it FPV's well, I may use it for work.

What is the payload and efficient flying speed for this thing?

I have been looking for larger more suitable aircraft, and in my search I came up the Anaconda, the new Albatross, and this thing. Unfortunately this isn't available, so I am stuck with the Anaconda or Albatross. Out of everything I have found, it seems as if the Albatross may end up being the best product on all fronts.

The downfall is that the albatross doesn't have any reviews, and the anaconda does. Does this plane have reviews?

Do you have more information on your newer version? It seems like the fuselage is extremely restricting for payload placement, and professional use. Also with getting my hands inside to work. Has this been fixed yet? The videos look like the airplane flys good.

please if you can get back to me ASAP. I am trying to make my decision on airplane soon, between Anaconda, Albatross, this, and I just found the UAV-3000.
May 28, 2015, 11:10 PM

kit available Laser cut high quality

there is now a kit available that is high quality ,and laser cut, from wayne up in canada.
he can ship to the u.s. no problem,a nd international too.
you can all contact him at [email protected]
the laser cut kit should speed construction a lot.
the plane cruises at 42 km per hr, when in loiter mode, and can cruise up to 70 km per hr, but the range and endurance go down significantly, while still remaining higher than most other fpv planes.
It can fly for about 3 hrs endurance on lipos, even while carrying a small payload, and can carry a larger payload for less time.
i am currently experimenting with more advanced tesla style batteries, for significantly greater endurance, and increased payload capacity. if it works, it should add about 2 lbs to the payload capacity, and provide roar roughly another hour of flight duration. perhaps more, who knows?
will be doing some endurance testing soon, so stay tuned.
I have an anaconda too, bought it for evaluation, and as public service for a review, and it's an alright little plane, but the gemini v-2 is in another class altogether.
as far as payload flexibility, i don't see what you could not fit in gemini V-2.?
maybe a blender would be too large?
can fit 2 compact DSLR's int he rear bay, and still balance, and fly for hrs.
six pack of beer? should to be a problem. i can reach my whole arm in the fuselage, so it's not cramped at all.
a cessna 150 is bigger, true, but i don't see the comparison with the other 2 planes.

best to you all,a nd you can send me an email at [email protected] if you have any other questions. i'll post some updates to flight times, and better batteries if the experiments work out, should know soon.
Last edited by Spike Webb; May 29, 2015 at 08:17 PM.
May 29, 2015, 08:34 PM

Endurance flight:

I just completed an endurance flight of 4 hrs 2 minutes with the Gemini Version 2 Fpv plane, this morning. The weather was cloudy/overcast, it was windy, gusting, and a bit cold. The new proprietary batter pack performed very well, and i landed with a reserve still left int he battery. According to my data, the battery should last about 300 cycles if used like this, so this is a very useful configuration for the aircraft for many roles.
The new battery is almost 2 lbs lighter than the previous lipos that i used int he same airframe, and has even more capacity. i am very happy with the results.
more info on the new Tesla style battery later! now i'm tired, and need some sleep.... 4 hrs flying is a long time!
May 29, 2015, 08:38 PM

Tesla style battery for Gemini Version 2

Here is a picture of the battery for anyone interested in 4 hrs+ flight time possible with electric flight' you can send me an email :
[email protected]

or check out our website with more info on the airframe, and more specs:

bearospaceindustries.com

Thanks everyone for your input on the project!
Jun 02, 2015, 07:16 PM

Endurance flight Video

The 4 hr endurance flight video is now on our channel:

4 hr + FPV Flight Gemini Version 2 Endurance Testing (11 min 38 sec)

we will also upload the full flight recorded from the downlink as well, on our insider channel. will post a link back here later once it is uploaded!
it will be a long boring video. the one above is not very long, and is much more entertaining.
you can find out more about the project at our website:

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, and appreciation for the project!
Last edited by Spike Webb; Jun 02, 2015 at 07:35 PM.
Jun 03, 2015, 11:06 AM
Quote:
The 4 hr endurance flight video is now on our channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auOC8a_zdg8

we will also upload the full flight recorded from the downlink as well, on our insider channel. will post a link back here later once it is uploaded!
it will be a long boring video. the one above is not very long, and is much more entertaining.
you can find out more about the project at our website:

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, and appreciation for the project!
Will you be selling the battery pack?
Jun 14, 2015, 04:13 AM

"Tesla" style battery pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddamage
Will you be selling the battery pack?
Yes, the "Tesla "style battery costs 670 u.s. plus shipping.
Right now, the only shipping options that are good are in the u.s. and canada. i think it's about 30 dollars within the u.s.
the cost is about the same as lipos for the capacity. more specs not he battery on our website:

bearospaceindustries.com

thanks for your interest!
Jul 14, 2015, 04:28 AM
M2KPILOT

Building one, Gemini

Bought the plans from Spike, lighting fast ! here I transferred the money via PayPal and there it was in my inbox through dropbox. Build will take time to come along because of the nature of my job, it will however in due course of time

PS
It has happened with me earlier therefore this footnote, if it doesn't concern you don't bother.

I shall not entertain any request to share the plan, it's an excellent plan (at least on theory and video it appears to me) and 15 $ for it, is a steal deal IMHO
Jul 14, 2015, 03:55 PM
Hi Augustinev,

Are you building the version 1 or 2? I am going to do a slow build on the version 2- have just printed out the plans and it is BIG.

Will be watching, please post build updates.

Cheers,

Cam
Jul 15, 2015, 10:52 AM
I cant believe i didnt see this one before. Ive been looking for a quality balsa FPV plane for a while. Im flying a skywalker now and the foam planes just dont fly the same. I bought the plans last night, now to find somewhere to get them printed....

Quick Reply