Utah County Flying Schedule - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 04, 2014, 03:43 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
How is it today? It's blowing like crazy at my house, but I'm closer to AF Canyon.... Not that it should stop anyone.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2014, 03:58 PM
More Combat Please!
I drove out to AD to fly, but nobody was there. The wind was moderate, maybe 5 mph winds. Still ice on the parking lot, but it's clearing. Not too bad, but colder than it's been this week. I hung out for a while and then came home. Not in the mood to fly combat with the cold earth.
Jan 04, 2014, 05:30 PM
Will Work for Planes!
My son and I went over a little before 1 and flew a few flights until our fingers were numb. Wind chill was 13 degrees so it didn't take long. Lee was also there and left a little before we did.
Jan 04, 2014, 07:06 PM
More Combat Please!
Temps are dropping. Tomorrow may be record lows across country with some massive polar vortex coming down. They're saying -60 degrees up in Montana and along the Canadian border. Yikes! Should get down to 20 below freezing here. Brrrr.
Jan 04, 2014, 08:06 PM
wheeeeee!
Well, that's not the kind of news I like to hear. Brrrr, indeed.
Jan 05, 2014, 01:45 AM
swede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change
Temps are dropping. Tomorrow may be record lows across country with some massive polar vortex coming down. They're saying -60 degrees up in Montana and along the Canadian border. Yikes! Should get down to 20 below freezing here. Brrrr.
20 below 0, or 20 below freezing? 20 below freezing is 12. That's not super all that bad.
Jan 13, 2014, 11:12 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
I had to work Saturday.. All I can say is have all of you had your flu shots? How about your distemper shots? :-)

I am off the next 3 days and Saturday this week. Can anyone go flying?

I proposed a pizza outing with the wives on the 24th. Is there any interest? If not we will cancel.

I have gotten the days off to go to St George on the 20th to the 22? My wife likes to go. Is anyone else planning on the trip?
Last edited by Lee; Jan 13, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
Jan 13, 2014, 12:26 PM
More Combat Please!
Lee,

I'm planning on going to St. George. A couples night out would be super cool.
Jan 13, 2014, 01:14 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Even if there are only a few couples who want to go out to dinner I am willing to go.
Jan 13, 2014, 02:16 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Do we want March 29th or April 12 or 26th for the next sWARm?
Jan 13, 2014, 03:10 PM
They all look good to me.
Jan 13, 2014, 06:46 PM
More Combat Please!
Hmm, sWARm dates.

My vote:

All of the above!

We need a pre-sWARm combat session, an official sWARm combat session, and a post-sWARm combat session.

The weekends of the 5th and 12th are spring break in most districts, so a lot of families will be out doing family things. The 26th is more free from conflicts.
Jan 13, 2014, 07:09 PM
wheeeeee!
26th sound prime for me, too

And a couples' night sounds great, if there's enough warning for those of us with lil kiddos
Jan 13, 2014, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change
Hmm, sWARm dates.

My vote:

All of the above!

We need a pre-sWARm combat session, an official sWARm combat session, and a post-sWARm combat session.

The weekends of the 5th and 12th are spring break in most districts, so a lot of families will be out doing family things. The 26th is more free from conflicts.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jan 13, 2014, 11:27 PM
More Combat Please!
I'm actually working on a blog right now, so I'll let you know when it goes live! Haha. It's for FPV/film buffs though, so I won't be discussing combat at all.

Should be posting up my new film in the morning, so stay tuned!