Utah County Flying Schedule - Page 2 - RC Groups
Dec 30, 2013, 07:55 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
Uva has the freeze fly on Wednesday starting around 10am. AD is still a mess since they don't plow it and people use the lot for donuts.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2013, 09:51 PM
swede
If there's a warm enough day to slush up Art Dye a bit, I can take the 4wheeler and plow over. It won't dig up packed ice though.

If someone is close and can keep tabs on the condition and let me know.
Dec 31, 2013, 12:16 AM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
Art Dye is one warm day away from being flyable. Just be very cautious there as the city likes having us there. Lets not give them a reason to not like having us there.

Big Helis and 40 sized planes both seem like bad ideas at any public park w/o spotters, etc.
Dec 31, 2013, 12:50 AM
More Combat Please!
The UTE club actually still does a freeze fly at a big park in Taylorsville at 2700 W. 4900 South. It starts at 10 am. as well.

Giant Helis and Gas planes at Art Dye are a bad idea WITH OR WITHOUT a spotter. You'd be insane to do even consider it, IMO.

I'd totally be all for doing a new-years fun-fly combat-athon, either of our own, or at the Taylorsville event. It'd be fun to hit a local fly-in en-masse like we've done in the past.

Speaking of... anybody interested in St. George this year? I'm definitely going.
Dec 31, 2013, 12:51 AM
More Combat Please!
Oh, BTW, I just posted up a new video. This one's pretty unique and fun.

FreeRide Mountain Biking Aerials - 2013 Reel - Flown with DragonLink (4 min 55 sec)
Dec 31, 2013, 10:25 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Fantastic video Todd. Those guys are nuts. I'll save a bed for them in ICU.

Lets plan on Art Dye at 1 pm https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...p=0&sz=13&z=14

Look at the weather report below. The sun comes up so late that it won't warm up till 1 pm. I'll add it to the schedule. I am planning on flying Saturday too. We will decide where when we see the conditions at Art Dye.

Weather report http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...Type=graphical

Is there interest in the dinner on Friday the 24th? Who will come?

I am planning on the St George fly in. I am going down on the 20th with my wife. I am taking some night planes.

Lee

Last edited by Lee; Dec 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Dec 31, 2013, 01:57 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
The sod farm is still available for winter flying. I flew there Saturday and there was still good snow cover on the sod. Just avoid the farm if it warms up and we would make tracks due to the mud.
Jan 01, 2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hintze
I wish we had a Freeze Fly still on Jan 1. It's only "flyable" about half the years due to weather, but that's one day I'd love to start a flying tradition.
I went to the Freeze Fly this morning, There was about 20 guys there pretty fun. Did a maiden flight with the Super Duper Cub It was awsome
Jan 01, 2014, 03:16 PM
Faith.Happiness.Believe.3 D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjisme
I went to the Freeze Fly this morning, There was about 20 guys there pretty fun. Did a maiden flight with the Super Duper Cub It was awsome
I went to the Freeze fly in Taylorsville. Great bunch of guys. I flew the Griffwerks MX
Jan 01, 2014, 11:26 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
I looked at the sod farm, Lakeside or Vineyard park and Art Dye today. Art Dye has the least amount of snow by a lot. the gate is closed at the sod farm and it looks like no one has gone in over the last few storms. At this time I think Art Dye has the best flying situation for us. Plan on Art Dye on Saturday.
Jan 02, 2014, 10:18 AM
Tight is Right
I'm out this Saturday with visitors in town but I'd like to start hitting Art Dye Saturdays around noon until the ominous clouds of soccer gather.
Jan 04, 2014, 02:12 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Still hoping to fly at 1 PM at Art Dye Saturday.

Lee
Jan 04, 2014, 11:39 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Is anyone else planning on flying?
Jan 04, 2014, 11:48 AM
Will Work for Planes!
Yes, I'm planning on Art Dye around 1.
Jan 04, 2014, 02:09 PM
More Combat Please!
I may show up for a bit. Gotta find my combat plane and make sure if even works!