Jan 15, 2014, 05:32 AM
After having read the manual I would say that you need two receivers to get more than 8 channels. If you want 16 channels you will have to map 8 of them to one Rx and the other 8 channels to the other Rx. The manual also said that using 16 channels instead of 8 decreases the Rx sensitivity with about 1-2 db.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2014, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDmitriy
Another possible option (good to know if it is true) is whether it is possible to combine input signals from both PPM and FRsky SBUS (X8R).
quote from manual : EXT port for extension, support Futaba Sbus and Spektrum/JR Satellite port and plan to support Joystick control, etc.
In terms of trying my Rlink in flight - last weekend wheather was not flyable in Moscow
Waiting for your 1st review
Jan 15, 2014, 03:48 PM
nevermind.. maybe I'm misreading manual
Last edited by Daemon; Jan 15, 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Jan 15, 2014, 04:37 PM
Daemon, how can you be so sure that I am confusing PPM with FHSS? The manual ainīt very good and before you start criticizing me you should get your facts straight.

They say that with a wider frequency band you will get a higher anti interference capacity but it will also weaken the antenna gain. I imagine the decreased gain is partly due to the use of lower and/or higher frequencies than the antenna is tuned for. You can adjust the bandwidth but to my knowledge you can not set the FHSS channels yourself, they are created with a certain algorithm.

They say that the more channels you use the more data you need to transmit and the lower the Rx sensitivity will be. You can use between 2-16 channels. They also say that the system "Support nearly all radios in the market from 2 channels" and we know it can cover up to 16 channels.

I rest my case.
Jan 16, 2014, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDmitriy
Another possible option (good to know if it is true) is whether it is possible to combine input signals from both PPM and FRsky SBUS (X8R).
quote from manual : EXT port for extension, support Futaba Sbus and Spektrum/JR Satellite port and plan to support Joystick control, etc.
In terms of trying my Rlink in flight - last weekend wheather was not flyable in Moscow
Recently tried to connect X8R SBUS port to Rlink EXT port + 12v power on PPM port. Rlink turned on, but gave strange periodic audio signals and wasn't responding to any inputs from X8R...
Also tested PPM supply from D4R-II receiver - everything worked Ok without noticable delays.
Btw, below is qoute from fpvlab forum by official representative (royalway-tech):
Quote:
Yes, we will release a new beta firmware with some changes compared to v1.1.0, also will add the micro power function, and the PPM allocated function in a week after our flight test.
Last edited by MtDmitriy; Jan 16, 2014 at 01:46 AM.
Jan 19, 2014, 02:19 PM
Has anyone else done some range testing? What kind of maximum range have you achieved?

I was looking at the RangeLink with 12 channels first but then I spotted this with 16 channels.

Compared to the RangeLink this is a bit cheaper and seems to lack SAW filter for the receiver making it more sensitive to interference from your video transmitter and there seems to be no low pass filter on the transmitter so it will probably affect your video receiver on the ground. But the power is higher, 800 mW vs 500 mW...

I know this system is new to the market but we have got to get this thread going!
Jan 19, 2014, 03:17 PM
I picked one up simply out of curiosity and have been doing some testing.
Don't want to say much more until I've had a chance to fly it, but so far
there's no indication that it has any of the problems you've assumed it would have.
I will mention the one place where it stands out from every other UHF system I've ever
owned/tested (6 of em). It penetrates through houses/buildings and
reaches over/around/behind solid hills better than anything I've ever seen.
Jan 19, 2014, 03:22 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York

Compared to the RangeLink this is a bit cheaper and seems to lack SAW filter for the receiver making it more sensitive to interference from your video transmitter and there seems to be no low pass filter on the transmitter so it will probably affect your video receiver on the ground. But the power is higher, 800 mW vs 500 mW...

Is this true? no filters?
I wonder what is the secret formula here making this look promising?
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 19, 2014 at 03:27 PM.
Jan 19, 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
[I]
Is this true? no filters?
I wonder what is there secret formula here making this look promising.
It's not quite that simple.
Rangelink specifically has a narrow band SAW filter on the input of their Rxs
(between antenna and Rf module).
It seems to help it ignore Rfi on nearby bands and is one of the reasons I've been
pretty happy with it in my near urban environment. Many other UHF systems
do not have this filter, and their performance in high Rfi environments varies a lot
depending on the quality of the filtering within the Rf module itself.
Any system that has a large tunable range (like ezUHF and Rlink) will not/can not
have the SAW filter as it would restrict the tunable frequency range.

Likewise on the Tx side. Some Rf modules have good internal filtering, some
poor, some none at all (like Chainlink and RmileC). For the latter two, an added low pass filter
between Rf moduleand antenna is necessary to prevent harmonics and spurs and such that
affect 1.3Ghz video.

As far as I can tell so far, Rlink's filtering is fine (no issues on the Tx side), but I want to get a
plane in the air in a particularly nasty Rf environment (a place where every other UHF
system I own, has failed to greater or lesser degree), before I draw any firm
conclusions.
Last edited by Daemon; Jan 19, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
Jan 19, 2014, 03:40 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
As far as I can tell so far, Rlink's filtering is fine (no issues on the Tx side), but I want to get a
plane in the air in a particularly nasty Rf environment (a place where every other UHF
system I own, has failed to greater or lesser degree), before I draw any firm
conclusions.

Great!.... fair enough.
awaiting your results.
Thanks!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 19, 2014, 04:35 PM
Yes, many thanks!

At first I thought it was great with the diversity and all. Adjustable frequency band might come in handy when trying to adapt to local/national regulations but if it comes at the price of having no SAW filter I imagine it could decrease range. Letīs hope future tests will show otherwise!
Jan 21, 2014, 06:56 AM
Currently working on a software for easier configuration of system:
Last edited by Rangarid; Jan 21, 2014 at 07:01 AM.
Jan 21, 2014, 07:18 AM
they were supposed to be releasing new firmware a few days ago cant wait
Jan 21, 2014, 07:23 AM
Says who? Whats wrong with the current fmw?
Jan 21, 2014, 07:37 AM
Royalway said, Will support 16ch ppm and also nicro power mode test :-) + few other undisclosed changes

Quick Reply