Jan 04, 2014, 09:50 AM
also what is the differnce between the rlink 8r receiver and the 8r-s receiver
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2014, 01:56 AM
any reports of the system? i'm planning to buy a budget UHF system that works ok with 1.2 and 5.8 video coexisting.
Jan 09, 2014, 02:06 AM
Hi there,

I've just got this Rlink LRS. It resembles ezuhf outwardly. Not tested in air yet. In home test it quite heavily affects 1.3ghz video Rx from bevrc, need to keep 2 meters distance between LRS and video Rx, in high power mode - 2.5 meters. Diversity antennas works - when circling the radio aroung the plane it will switch from one side antenna to another antenna on another side (blue and red LEDs on receiver). RSSI output successfully tested with Cyclop Storm OSD.
Hope to test it on this weekend...
Jan 09, 2014, 02:20 AM
That BEV VRX sees noise from all UHF systems.
Jan 09, 2014, 07:34 AM
what rssi voltages are u getting with power off and power on

Thanks,

Does the tx come with any cables to connect to radio as standard

Thanks
Jan 09, 2014, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmachon
what rssi voltages are u getting with power off and power on

Thanks,

Does the tx come with any cables to connect to radio as standard

Thanks
It comes with a bunch of cables, one square Futaba cable, one cable for JR/Turnigy and a couple more with open ends, to wire your own flavor.
Jan 09, 2014, 09:19 AM
thanks rssi figures would be nice to see on cyclops tx on and off
Jan 09, 2014, 01:59 PM

Rlink UHF LRS. Awesome!

Dear All,
today i received the Rlink... first purchase on Himodel.com! Great service, super fast delivery by Fedex and good packaging!

the system seems well made, really smaller and lighter comparing it with my Rangelink.. i hope in great performance.. soon a test review
Last edited by brifa; Jan 11, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
Jan 09, 2014, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy_id
It comes with a bunch of cables, one square Futaba cable, one cable for JR/Turnigy and a couple more with open ends, to wire your own flavor.
Set of cables probably depends on the shop... From BEVRC it comes with only two short cables with LRS plug on one end and wires on the other. Futaba plug&play cable and cable for turnigy9x/taranis should be ordered separately (5$ each).
Jan 09, 2014, 04:11 PM

here the manual

it seems really interesting.... here the manual
Jan 09, 2014, 07:28 PM
distance ?
wattage ?

himodel does ship fast !! love that store
Jan 10, 2014, 08:25 AM
This week end the first test
Jan 10, 2014, 06:23 PM
well got rlink wired it upto turnigy 9xr bound to receiver will only work when 9xr is on ppm 16 mode however with naza the sticks will not do a thing however when I plugged usb into tx there is no file which I believe there should be is this the problem can somebody send me the file please

thanks
Jan 10, 2014, 07:46 PM

Rlink and MFD

Ready to gooooo
on my LR Bixler 2.
I am using a turnigy with er9x fw (8 ch ppm for now)... using the ppm output: just two leads between the RX and the Myflydream AP (ppm on ch 6 and rssi) + another one for flaps..tomorrow my first flight test
Jan 11, 2014, 08:44 AM

First flight test... awesome

What to say... this morning the first flight test:
AWESOME!
i decided to test it on my smaller fpv plane: the bixler 2 with 2.4ghz video transmitter and MFD autopilot
great signals for all the flight (23 km in total). At 10250 meters i decided to turn back (to no risk with the battery). At that distance the rssi said 58! with the Rangelink i had the same value (55-60 rssi) but consider that the rssi on the Rlink has scale from 0 to 100, on the Rangelink from 40 to 100! so you can understand the difference. No need high power mode!
The Rlink is cheaper, smaller, easier than Rangelink, has a diversity rx and the performance is better i think (however,also the Rangelink gave me great performances)
Last edited by brifa; Jan 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply