Jul 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

Where to buy

Where is the best place to buy a RLink / MFD Link system these days?
I sold my DL several years ago when I started flying drones and I have a couple of planes that would like to have a LR system in them again.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2019, 11:44 AM
Direct from myflydream.com or fpvmodel.com
Jul 15, 2019, 02:49 PM
!= International Arms Dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by myflydream
Something similar already implemented.
Now this SBUS-EXT board is a standard component of MFDLink package.
It accepts S-Bus input and encodes/sends data to the 3-pin EXT port of MFDLink-TX.
It also can decode your sbus signal into 16 channels PWM signal
Is this a replacement for the Companion? Where can I order one.
Latest blog entry: RLink on 2S?
Jul 15, 2019, 03:27 PM
Even if it can't do it natively it could very easily be connected to an RmileC SBUS/PWM/CPPM
converter board and the two together would simulate what Companion could do.
Just feed PWM into the RmileC board, SBUS out to the SBUS-EXT board and it'll talk
serial to the RmileC Tx.
Jul 20, 2019, 01:33 PM
OK that's confusing

I'm looking to send SBUS into the RLink TX via something more reliable than the Companion. I have a Companion... it works well, but there have been a few times where it just *lost connection* while in use. Power-cycling the Companion and TX got it working each time, but ...
Jul 20, 2019, 05:05 PM
Hmm, I thought the Companion's main job was to take PWM inputs and convert to serial output
to the serial port of the Rlink Tx. My answer is with respect to that.
For just SBUS into Rlink Tx, then yes the SBUS-EXT board should be about to do
that all by itself.
Jul 21, 2019, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
... @Daemon - try it on your Taranis. Should work with it, but how it will work with other radios remains to be seen.
So the previous version still remains an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
That's better. SBUS outputs appear to match CPPM outputs.
Maybe I'm just going crazy now, but I swear I saw this working correctly when I responded to this before,
but now it is not. I'm now seeing 1520uS as the center position output from Rx with S-BUS rather than
the 1500uS sent from the Tx. Maybe I just never got the ppm/sbus settings change made properly or what.
I dunno. I'll keep testing it, but sure seems like it's still not working correctly, and both versions of
the firmware you put up are doing the same thing.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:34 AM
Flying Zayin
Quote:
Maybe I'm just going crazy now
A valid option!
ping me in PM, and wait for my reply (may be tonight or tmrw, likely tonight).
Jul 22, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Hmm, I thought the Companion's main job was to take PWM inputs and convert to serial output
to the serial port of the Rlink Tx. My answer is with respect to that.
For just SBUS into Rlink Tx, then yes the SBUS-EXT board should be about to do
that all by itself.
No, it is SBUS-in, RLink serial out. Mine is set up as a repeater with originally a Spektrum and later a FrSky receiver providing the SBUS feed to the Companion. I have temporarily shelved it due to the previously-mentioned reliability issue. Currently using a Dragonlink V3 in its place.

I would really like to be able to make use of my RLink gear again
Aug 03, 2019, 04:41 PM
-NEFPV-
Quote:
I don't see any way that's possible. iNav documentation says to use a spare channel and
they give ch9 as an example.
Maybe I'm wrong. It's been known to happen for sure.
Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Maybe I'm just going crazy now, but I swear I saw this working correctly when I responded to this before,
but now it is not. I'm now seeing 1520uS as the center position output from Rx with S-BUS rather than
the 1500uS sent from the Tx. Maybe I just never got the ppm/sbus settings change made properly or what.
I dunno. I'll keep testing it, but sure seems like it's still not working correctly, and both versions of
the firmware you put up are doing the same thing.
The way I deal with this is to scale and offset each channel on the Taranis. I'm using a 88% scaling and -3 offset to get ~1000us to 2000us range with a center of 1500us (which is sent to iNav). I'm just glad to have a full range (and then some) available now.

Quick Reply