Jun 03, 2019, 09:25 PM
New MFDlink

because I can't fix the problem of my old Rlink set, so I buy new one. but I found one problem of new one, I can't Change ID of TX, ID of RX can be changed. Use text editor edit ID of TX and save it no problem. but power on the TX then turn off and recheck TX ID, it return to default ID 1164, try many time same result. other parameter of TX can be changed without any problem.

Any one check RF output power, I measure my new TX output is 660mW high and 290mW Low, power low than I expect.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ou
New MFDlink

because I can't fix the problem of my old Rlink set, so I buy new one. but I found one problem of new one, I can't Change ID of TX, ID of RX can be changed. Use text editor edit ID of TX and save it no problem. but power on the TX then turn off and recheck TX ID, it return to default ID 1164, try many time same result. other parameter of TX can be changed without any problem.

Any one check RF output power, I measure my new TX output is 660mW high and 290mW Low, power low than I expect.
I talk to MFDlink, TX ID not changeable.
Jun 23, 2019, 06:34 PM
fly by night
having some trouble using MFDLink with iNav now.

The RC tab in iNav sees a range of 1100-1940usec but iNav wants to see at least the throttle down to 1000usec before allowing arming. I looked into the receiver config file and nothing. I tried whatever I could find in my X9D+ and could not get it to output the wider range. I also tried specifying within iNav to use the narrow range - still no go.

any ideas?
Jun 23, 2019, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
having some trouble using MFDLink with iNav now.

The RC tab in iNav sees a range of 1100-1940usec but iNav wants to see at least the throttle down to 1000usec before allowing arming. I looked into the receiver config file and nothing. I tried whatever I could find in my X9D+ and could not get it to output the wider range. I also tried specifying within iNav to use the narrow range - still no go.

any ideas?
Are you using sbus instead of ppm? Unfortunately the reduced range is a known issue with rlink.

Fortunately, I think there might be a way to calibrate this out with inav for receivers that output non standard pulse ranges. See here at the very bottom https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/b...ter/docs/Rx.md
Last edited by Zangetsu57; Jun 23, 2019 at 06:51 PM.
Jun 23, 2019, 06:50 PM
fly by night
yes SBUS.

OK good to know. hmm and this FC I'm using won't accept PPM input darnit

I guess I am putting R9 system in this plane too!
Jun 23, 2019, 09:42 PM
No idea what MFD was thinking with that change. I sent a message to their support email
[email protected] just to see what they say. Maybe you could as well.
If they made a firmware change at time of manufacture to break it with their own Rxs
(the old SBUS capable red and blue Rxs did not do this) maybe they can
make one to fix it. Vector calibrates itself to the throttle range it sees you give it during Rx analysis wizard,
so it doesn't care. I would think that with iNav you could set min-check somewhere above 1100uS so
it can arm, and set your min/max on the ESC to 1100-1900uS.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I really doubt R9 can hold hold a candle to the link
reliability and NLOS performance of Rlink/MFDLink. Heck, someone at our recent FPV meet
started seeing failsafes with Rlink only a mile out, brought it home, and discovered his
one and only Rx antenna was completely disconnected. Oops. But damn, a mile range
with no antenna at all, while flying proximity formation with the 2 other planes using UHF
control. Try that with any other system.

And maybe I live in the only near-urban area where 900Mhz control is *unusable* (I get
more range out of 2.4Ghz RC), but I kinda doubt it. I think that eventually more
people are going to try to push their Crossfire and R9 systems out beyond quadcopter range
and discover it's not always all that.
Last edited by Daemon; Jun 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM.
Jun 24, 2019, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
yes SBUS.

OK good to know. hmm and this FC I'm using won't accept PPM input darnit

I guess I am putting R9 system in this plane too!
Before jumping to that check out the link I sent. It looks like you can get it to work properly with the reduced pulse range.
Jun 24, 2019, 02:51 AM
Ya, that seems pretty straight forward..
rxrange <channel_number> <min> <max>
where MFDlink Rx output range is 1100 to 1940
Jun 24, 2019, 08:59 PM
Flying Zayin

Please re-send

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
I sent a message to their support email
Please re-send. Maybe, use a different address. I have double checked with Vicky: she has not received anything from you.
I have also asked Charles to look into this matter - he is the only one who knows something about this system well enough to solve tricky problems - but as a head of business he may not be available right away to comment.
Either way, I am interested in seeing this worked out.
So please do write to support again, better from some big name address - like gmail or hotmail or alike.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:34 PM
It was sent from gmail, to the address above.
Jul 06, 2019, 01:24 PM
I just sent an email to their support as well. Hopefully it's an easy firmware fix.
Jul 06, 2019, 09:18 PM
Flying Zayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57
I just sent an email to their support as well. Hopefully it's an easy firmware fix.
Strange. Vicky checked the inbox, found nothing from Ian.
But anyway, I see the problem doesn't go.
I will push the guys in the company to give it attention on Monday.
Sorry for not being able to reach them at weekend - should've done it last week
Jul 10, 2019, 01:02 AM
Flying Zayin
Please check out the attached FW update that deals with reduced SBUS range.
MFD will upload it to their shop some time later but this one is their official release.
Jul 10, 2019, 01:15 AM
-NEFPV-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
Please check out the attached FW update that deals with reduced SBUS range.
MFD will upload it to their shop some time later but this one is their official release.
Nice to see an update! Now, how about adding RSSI to the sbus/ppm stream??
Jul 10, 2019, 01:45 AM
Great, but how do you perform a firmware update on new gen Rxs?
On the old ones you'd plug in the USB while holding down the button, and it'd
show a new drive letter with nothing on it. Drop the .bin file onto that drive, and it
performed the update. With the new gen Rx, it always just shows the same drive containing
the the rx.txt config file, whether you hold the button down or not. Copying the
.bin file there has no effect. There's never been an Rx firmware update since
MFD released the new gen Rxs so this is the first time it's mattered.

Quick Reply