Jan 01, 2016, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic
hobbyzone, great flight congratulations. What Flight controller? are these 18650 based Lion cells?
MFD FC ( My fly dream) & yes these are the 18650 cell flight packs we supply.
Latest blog entry: Custom Tuned Yagi Antennas
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2016, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyzone.Au
With the companion sorted...

How do we configure the rlink sbus rx?

I need a one cable ppm for ch1-ch6 and I need physical servo connection for ch7-ch12

Is this possible ? I don't see 16 physical connection for 16 ch.
Hi

I would like to ask you for an advice.

I am also a Taranis 9D and X8R user.

My rlink Tx & Rxs finally arrived but the rlink companion is out of stock.

May I ask you can use all 16 ch with the rlink bridged by a companion via X8R to a Taranis 9? I have asked several tims but may be I am so stupid, noon give me direct answer.

As the Rlink companion is out of stock, I am looking at this converter:

http://www.fpvmodel.com/rmilec-high-...r-v2_g478.html

however, in the description, it said that:

Under SBUS input mode,PPM port only has 10CH output.(PPM signal of more than 10CH has too large delay,so itís useless)

So, how I can get 16ch output ?

I appreciate your help.

Formosa
Jan 06, 2016, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa
Hi

I would like to ask you for an advice.

I am also a Taranis 9D and X8R user.

My rlink Tx & Rxs finally arrived but the rlink companion is out of stock.

May I ask you can use all 16 ch with the rlink bridged by a companion via X8R to a Taranis 9? I have asked several tims but may be I am so stupid, noon give me direct answer.

As the Rlink companion is out of stock, I am looking at this converter:

http://www.fpvmodel.com/rmilec-high-...r-v2_g478.html

however, in the description, it said that:

Under SBUS input mode,PPM port only has 10CH output.(PPM signal of more than 10CH has too large delay,so itís useless)

So, how I can get 16ch output ?

I appreciate your help.

Formosa
Hi, with a Companion you can get 16chs out to the Rlink. I still have the Companion in stock: http://arxangelrc.com/index.php?rout...product_id=243
Jan 10, 2016, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Hi, with a Companion you can get 16chs out to the Rlink. I still have the Companion in stock: http://arxangelrc.com/index.php?rout...product_id=243
Just got mine from you today up here in Alaska. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2016, 05:42 PM
Principal Member
Guys, I need some help.

The Rlink module interfers with my taranis and causes the display / menu to go wild. I looked up the resistor modification and did it with no problems. Sadly I thought this fixed the problem but on the last flight I had the same issue happen. Any other recommendations? I have the module strapped directly to the radio handle via a velcro strap.
Jan 12, 2016, 06:21 PM
Few things.
1. Wrap the Rlink Tx module with copper tape for Rf shielding (don't know why it helps, but it does).
2. Cover that with clear packing tape, so that there is no metal to metal contact between the module case and the Taranis handle.
3. Strap it on with the Rlink module sitting as high as possible. You want the base of the Tx antenna just above the top of the Taranis case.

For 2 and 3, you could also just install a piece of thin plywood that isolates it from the handle and allows it to be mounted higher.

I've been reliably using Rlink on the back of my Taranis just as described above for the last
couple years.
Jan 12, 2016, 06:22 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Copper tape insulation maybe? Not sure just how much it would cut down the interference but It's surely worth a try?
Jan 12, 2016, 06:32 PM
In theory it should have no effect, because the case is already all metal, but experience
has shown that it does help some. It's not a cure, just part of the answer.
You definitely must eliminate metal to metal contact between module and handle (and attached stand if you've got one).
Jan 12, 2016, 06:35 PM
Principal Member
I'll try the isolating and mounting high and see if that helps.

I was thinking of buying the new taranis x9e and finding a way to strip off the rlink case and mounting inside the radio. Sounds like it would be a terrible idea, what do your guys think?
Jan 12, 2016, 06:40 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Yeah that does sound like a bad idea...You could allway's try sheilding the inside back of your taranis with the copper tape to further your chances..
Jan 12, 2016, 06:42 PM
Agreed. Bad idea.
Jan 12, 2016, 06:57 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Are there similar known issues with using a 9xr? I would love to get my hands on my RLink system but its been a month now since I payed for it

No fault of the seller I might add. He got it sent off my way within hours the same day.
Seems to have been sitting In Heathrow Airport London mail department since 26th dec..
Nobody at that place has anything other than this to say..."Oh it's probably here somewhere"

Jan 12, 2016, 07:28 PM
Don't know. I know some folks had issues with UHF Tx modules on the back of the 9X, but
don't know about the 9XR. Generally speaking it's best to keep em as isolated as you can,
regardless of transmitter.
Jan 12, 2016, 07:37 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Ok yeah makes sense..

Quick question... Do I need the little companion gizmo to use more than 8 ch. Wont be using sbus or ppm I don't think. Is that all I would need?
Jan 12, 2016, 07:41 PM
The companion is meant to feed channels into the Rlink Tx, not to get more out of the
Rx. The Rx only does 8 PWM channels and 8 PPM channels (or all 16 on SBUS output).
In what application do you intend to use more than 8ch without using PPM or SBUS?
Most folks using that many channels are doing it on a fixed wing aircraft with a
flight controller that supports PPM or SBUS input plus some other PWM channels
to control things like gear/pan/tilt/lights, etc, and Rlink Rx can do that.

Quick Reply