Jan 14, 2014, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg
I have a 680 pro on order and I am confused by all the motor options...would sunnysky 2814-700kv be a good option ? Will carry a gopro for now and fpv in the future................

Thanks ZDAWG

Work out your AUW and check thrust generated in grams vs W usage for the motor/battery/prop/throttle % of your choice.

I would look at the v3508 motors as the V range are the top of the line sunnysky apparently.

They have 380kv, 580kv, and 700kv. The 580 and 700 seem like good choices to me, the 580 being more efficient and the 700's good for heavier lifting. But check out the graphs and decide for yourself, and other users experiences here such as RDT (with his Tarot 690S build log thread). He had good experiences with the 580's, getting 20min+ flight times.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2014, 09:26 PM
thanks for the help..ZDAWG
Jan 15, 2014, 09:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysamadams
Would anyone mind measuring the size of this frame when folded. I'm waiting on my package to come in and I am wondering what my case options might be for this setup.
It's 775mm from one end to the other. If you come up with a solution please share, I'm not sure how I will transport mine around either.
Jan 15, 2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimT
It's 775mm from one end to the other. If you come up with a solution please share, I'm not sure how I will transport mine around either.
Wow, thats a lot bigger than I expected. Those new style motor mounts look long. I plan on shortening the arms to only fit 12" props, so we will see how big it is after that.
Jan 15, 2014, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysamadams
Wow, thats a lot bigger than I expected. Those new style motor mounts look long. I plan on shortening the arms to only fit 12" props, so we will see how big it is after that.
It's "only" 700mm from mid motor mount to mid motor mount, and 350mm between each motor when folded out. Thats just under 14".
Jan 15, 2014, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Updated thread with new pictures of the Naza V2, iOSD mini, DJI Ground Station and the black 680PRO canopy that I just received Looks like all I need is the E600 now.
Jan 15, 2014, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimT
Updated thread with new pictures of the Naza V2, iOSD mini, DJI Ground Station and the black 680PRO canopy that I just received Looks like all I need is the E600 now.
Awesome I might wait until I hear flight times with the E600 before buying my SunnySkys
Jan 15, 2014, 02:47 PM
AIMDROIX
Het guya. Looking. For this legs. I only need the 3 legs so i can mount them directly into 3 of the arms. Any idea were to get them.

Thanks.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389815200.159114.jpg
Views: 776
Size: 198.8 KB
Description:
Jan 15, 2014, 02:47 PM
AIMDROIX
Het guya. Looking. For this legs. I only need the 3 legs so i can mount them directly into 3 of the arms. Any idea were to get them.

Thanks.
Jan 15, 2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX

Thanks.
Look here...and it will not break your wallet. http://www.grousehousetechnologies.com/
Currently out of stock though
Jan 15, 2014, 03:01 PM
AIMDROIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotofly
Look here...and it will not break your wallet. http://www.grousehousetechnologies.com/

Currently out of stock though

Thanks. I didnt see any legs in that site. . I just need those one i post or similar. A simple 3 leg setup bolt on arms
Jan 15, 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX
Thanks. I didnt see any legs in that site. . I just need those one i post or similar. A simple 3 leg setup bolt on arms
Sorry my mistake...i thought you needed complete gimbal with legs
Jan 17, 2014, 09:12 AM
I have the Frame and a PIXHAWK controller. I will use DYS or Maytech escs. Now for motors and props?

I want to lift a three axis nex5 gimbal from rctimer. thinking of 12x38 or 13 inch .. and motor wise any one know what ones will fit that will give me best lift using 4S batteires?

any one konw the hole diameters?
Jan 18, 2014, 11:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style
I have the Frame and a PIXHAWK controller. I will use DYS or Maytech escs. Now for motors and props?

I want to lift a three axis nex5 gimbal from rctimer. thinking of 12x38 or 13 inch .. and motor wise any one know what ones will fit that will give me best lift using 4S batteires?

any one konw the hole diameters?
The holes on the motor mount?
Jan 18, 2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah the holes. but i will measure withg my new measure tool :-)

Quick Reply