Feb 10, 2015, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflchurch
Sorry, i just ordered the new Spektrum Dx7, it will be here friday. Thanks.
I'm a futaba man, so I can't help. I'll bet someone else will chime in soon.

Cheers,
Dave
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2015, 06:00 PM
Thanks
Feb 11, 2015, 01:41 AM
I put lemon rx with stabilizer in mine. They are a lot smaller than the Orange and work good. You can use a switch to turn off the gyro if you don't want it. Check eBay pretty cheap.
Feb 11, 2015, 06:32 AM
Thank you. Sounds great
Feb 11, 2015, 09:38 AM
Ut raptor, do you have a model number by chance or pic? Thanks
Feb 11, 2015, 09:18 PM
Go to eBay and type in lemon rx buy the one that is 21.99 with stabilizer they are 7 channel I believe some say 6.
Feb 11, 2015, 09:35 PM
Cool, thank you.
Mar 23, 2015, 12:41 AM
New Sbach 900mm owner here. I was able finish the build and rush out to a local ballfield for the maiden tonight before the sun set. I was met with windy conditions and had my hatcam on to capture any carnage but the agile sbach performed well and I have a still intact sbach to play with soon. Can't wait to dial this in and enjoy a new tech one plane that hasn't been beat to hell and repaired with lbs of glue...like my others.
Tech One Sbach 342 900mm - Windy Maiden Flight Using a 4s 1300mah (1 min 52 sec)
Apr 29, 2015, 02:54 PM
Just put together mine after retiring the 1100mm Yak 55. Non battery weight 505 grams. Battery size not chosen yet but will be maidened on a 1500 mah to get a idea on COG, pretty sure I will be nose heavy on this battery.

Setup is 2213 1050 kv motor on 3s and 10 4.7 slowfly, 215 watts and 21 amps on a fresh battery running a 35 amp hobbyking esc (had it handy).

Servos are a bit beefy with tgy 2216mg in tail and tgy 9018mg in wings, also had them handy.

Fitted the bigger yak wheels to this model as there is no way the stock wheels would fly off anything but runway, pair of yak wheels where 8 grams opposed to the stock 4 grams a pair.

All in all I could have made the plane 40 grams lighter with stock wheels, smaller esc and lighter servos.

Just waiting for weather for maiden, should be friday.
Apr 30, 2015, 11:26 AM
Freezes when panicking
Do let us know what you think of the 900mm Sbach, raydar. Tempted to get it especially now that Hobbyking has a sale on.
May 02, 2015, 08:42 AM
UT Raptor, i know its been a few months but finally got my lemon rx with stab. Do you have a pic of how you mounted it and how you tune it? I will be using a Dx8. Thanks
May 04, 2015, 02:18 PM
Flew the Sbach, great power on the 2213 1050kv motor and 3s. Bit nose heavy with that 50 gram motor and a 1500 mah battery, a 1200 or 1300 mah would be better suited and give good balance and performance.

Flight wise this model is never going to be a floaty light wingloaded model, it requires a bit care and throttle on harrier and needs some airspeed unless flying on the prop. Its not a ideal learner 3d model.

However, it does fly freestyle well and has super responsive control surfaces, rifle rolls extremely quick, extremely stable in hover and has really good elevator and rudder performance compared to the yak 55 1100mm it is replacing. It harrier rolls very easily wilth little input for example which is a great improvement over the yak.

If your looking for light superslow and floaty this is prob not for you, however if knife edge spins and rapid rolls are your thing this would keep you amused for a while.
May 04, 2015, 02:26 PM
Freezes when panicking
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Flew the Sbach, great power on the 2213 1050kv motor and 3s. Bit nose heavy with that 50 gram motor and a 1500 mah battery, a 1200 or 1300 mah would be better suited and give good balance and performance.

Flight wise this model is never going to be a floaty light wingloaded model, it requires a bit care and throttle on harrier and needs some airspeed unless flying on the prop. Its not a ideal learner 3d model.

However, it does fly freestyle well and has super responsive control surfaces, rifle rolls extremely quick, extremely stable in hover and has really good elevator and rudder performance compared to the yak 55 1100mm it is replacing. It harrier rolls very easily wilth little input for example which is a great improvement over the yak.

If your looking for light superslow and floaty this is prob not for you, however if knife edge spins and rapid rolls are your thing this would keep you amused for a while.
Thanks for the flight report, raydar. I think I read likewise somewhere else before, that the 900mm Sbach is a little more hands on.

So, in your opinion, what's light, superslow & floaty and an ideal 3d trainer?
May 04, 2015, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniirwan
Thanks for the flight report, raydar. I think I read likewise somewhere else before, that the 900mm Sbach is a little more hands on.

So, in your opinion, what's light, superslow & floaty and an ideal 3d trainer?
Hobbyking Reactor, crack yak or a 100cc yak 54 lol.

You already have a reactor so I take it your looking at going up a size, the hobbyking hummer is extremely cheap, quite a light flying foamie and although capable, very forgiving. Use the same motor as above on 3s.
Last edited by raydar; May 04, 2015 at 02:44 PM.
May 29, 2017, 11:51 PM
l almost forgot to post this, I am in the process of setting up this plane again. This time reducing the throws on the servos for more resolution and smoother flight. I am going to try to smooth out the movements. It will also get an APC 9x6 e Prop for less drag. This is some time ago, it was flying fine but I think it could be better.

Techone Sbach 342 900mm Greg006 Emax 2215/20 1200kv (8 min 23 sec)

Quick Reply