Dec 23, 2013, 09:01 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Discussion

Christmas message from Palestinian President Abbas: Jesus was Palestinian

“In Bethlehem, more than 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ was born, a Palestinian messenger who would become a guiding light for millions around the world,” he wrote. “As we Palestinians strive for our freedom two millennia later, we do our best to follow his example.”

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-P...-Israel-335948

Fact: the modern name/term Palestine comes from the name "Syria Palęstina", the name given by Roman emperor Hadrian to rename Judea after the failed Jewish rebellion in the year 135.

In other words, the name Palestine was coined about 100 years after Jesus.

Fact: Islam sees Jesus as a Muslim prophet, not as a deity, nor as part of a deity.
Dec 23, 2013, 10:38 PM
whiirrrrrr
lol
Dec 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
Je Suis Turkana Boy
Seems a pleasant enough holiday message. A nice respite from his otherwise reprobate denial of the democratic process within his own country. Hopefully he will persist with this spirit from here on out.

Peace.
Dec 23, 2013, 11:06 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto

In other words, the name Palestine was coined about 100 years after Jesus.
ah, so you don't question the historicity of Jesus?
Dec 23, 2013, 11:10 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oneWo1f
ah, so you don't question the historicity of Jesus?
This thread is not about me nor my beliefs.

However, I do not deny Jesus existed.

Ah!
Dec 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
It's a start.
Dec 24, 2013, 12:05 AM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
It's a start.
But don't ask him for his opinion of Paul of Tarsus.
Dec 24, 2013, 02:00 AM
Of course Jesus was Palestinian - who ever thought differently (well lots of folks I guess - bizarrely)?

As for the OP's 100 years - Jesus disappeared for twice that did he not!

I wouldn't go setting your calendars based on any of it!
Dec 24, 2013, 08:07 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Of course Jesus was Palestinian -

Do you input false information just to stir the pot?

That's like saying Jesus was Canadian.

Jesus was a Jewish Judean.

Of course Muslims say Jesus was Muslim, several centuries before 'The Prophet' was born
Last edited by Michael in Toronto; Dec 24, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Dec 24, 2013, 08:45 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
It's a start.
It has always amused me that there are massive campaigns and organizations devoted to converting Jews to become Jesus believers.

Considering that there are about 15 million Jews in the world and there are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, one might think that Muslims would present a better opportunity for such an endeavor.

I wonder why missionaries don't more actively target Muslims.
Dec 24, 2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
It has always amused me that there are massive campaigns and organizations devoted to converting Jews to become Jesus believers.

Considering that there are about 15 million Jews in the world and there are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, one might think that Muslims would present a better opportunity for such an endeavor.

I wonder why missionaries don't more actively target Muslims.
Don't think missionaries are allowed to work in Saudi Arabia......
Dec 24, 2013, 09:29 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Strange, I don't recall Jesus firing random rockets into neighboring countries. I think they need to follow his example a little more closely.
Dec 24, 2013, 09:30 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1
Don't think missionaries are allowed to work in Saudi Arabia......
They're allowed to work in the USA and Canada; lots of Muslims there too.
Dec 24, 2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Do you input false information just to stir the pot?

That's like saying Jesus was Canadian.

Jesus was a Jewish Judean.

Of course Muslims say Jesus was Muslim, several centuries before 'The Prophet' was born
Born in Bethlehem to parents (well 'one'...) from Nazereth

LLachmo was the Akkadian god of fertility. Worshiped by the Canaanites as Lachama, some time in the 3rd millennium BC, they erected a temple to worship the god on the hill now known as the Hill of the Nativity.

The town was known as Beit Lachama, meaning "House of Lachama."[12] William F. Albright notes the pronunciation of the name remained essentially the same for 3,500 years, but has meant different things: "'Temple of the God Lakhmu' in Canaanite, 'House of Bread' in Hebrew and Aramaic, 'House of Meat' in Arabic."

On December 21, 1995, Israeli troops withdrew from Bethlehem,[40] and three days later the city came under the complete administration and military control of the Palestinian National Authority in conformance with the Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1995.[41

Bethlehem has a Muslim majority, but is also home to one of the largest Palestinian Christian communities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethlehem
Dec 24, 2013, 10:02 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Born in Bethlehem to parents (well 'one'...) from Nazereth

LLachmo was the Akkadian god of fertility. Worshiped by the Canaanites as Lachama, some time in the 3rd millennium BC, they erected a temple to worship the god on the hill now known as the Hill of the Nativity.

The town was known as Beit Lachama, meaning "House of Lachama."[12] William F. Albright notes the pronunciation of the name remained essentially the same for 3,500 years, but has meant different things: "'Temple of the God Lakhmu' in Canaanite, 'House of Bread' in Hebrew and Aramaic, 'House of Meat' in Arabic."

On December 21, 1995, Israeli troops withdrew from Bethlehem,[40] and three days later the city came under the complete administration and military control of the Palestinian National Authority in conformance with the Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1995.[41

Bethlehem has a Muslim majority, but is also home to one of the largest Palestinian Christian communities

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethlehem
Everything you post is accurate.

That doesn't change the fact that Jesus was a Jew, born and died in Judea.

Quick Reply