Dec 22, 2013, 05:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dji Naza V2 and extra Led

Hello,

A new project, extra led for Dji Naza V2, animations also!

Here is the repository for code and details for implementation.

https://github.com/diogeneyves/dji-naza-led

Happy holidays.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2013, 07:49 AM
Great stuff, sorts out a visual deficiency in naza and looks way cool at the same time, thank you for posting.

Everyone with a naza should check this out.

My only gripe is the 40 for the neo pixel rings (nothing to do with diogeneyves), wish they were a bit cheaper, then I would have this on my various naza craft.

Merry Christmas diogeneyves and thanks again.
Dec 22, 2013, 08:06 AM
Thread OP
Thank you,

I also made with rings of conventional LEDs.

Found on Ebay : Angel eye ring led.

Much cheaper, but no animation.

Soon as I put in the code.
Dec 22, 2013, 02:36 PM
Simply awesome, thanks for sharing this! As someone who has spend a few hours soldering the V2 LED to hell and back trying to duplicate the status LEDs by wiring alone, I'm so pleased someone skilled do it "the right way."

I'm saving this page, it's going to be a must-do if/when I move to a bigger quad
Dec 22, 2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info on the angel eye, I've searched ebay but all I found were 60mm 12v ones.

Don't get me wrong, I love the animation of the neo pixel rings and they do look quality, maybe we could try crowd sourcing to see if we can get the price down.

Certainly I'm bookmarking your project and I am definitely planning on at least one setup in the near future.

What do you think about the rgb strip lights, maybe an array of lights on each quadrant could do the something similar. It would be a bit like how they communicated with the aliens in "close encounters of the third kind"
Dec 23, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Actually eyes of angels are 12V, but no problem. You can use the JdronesIO, no need to invent it. With it you can connect strip of LED 12v (3s lipo). I've tried, no problem. Strip mono-color and RGB, ...Anything is possible.

http://store.jdrones.com/jD_IOBoard_p/jdioboard11.htm

And yes, with the strip of LED Adafruit, new animations are possible, just imagination and imagination, K2000, Alien, worm, ...
Jul 03, 2014, 09:28 AM
Finally got around to sourcing one neo pixel ring to make a start on this project .

Can you run through the rc and naza connections again, I know you can put Y leads on both the throttle and the mode, but what are the led connections for the v2?

This is a really neat project I hope to can be useful to others too.
Jul 08, 2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom
Finally got around to sourcing one neo pixel ring to make a start on this project .

Can you run through the rc and naza connections again, I know you can put Y leads on both the throttle and the mode, but what are the led connections for the v2?

This is a really neat project I hope to can be useful to others too.

Nice to see this original thread pop back up. I haven't seen Yves on for a while now, but if you click on my blog link at the bottom of this post, I've documented this mod on a couple of builds with a full tutorial and parts list, focusing on the Naza LED mirroring (the most comprehensive is https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2144784). Happy to answer any questions about it.
Jul 08, 2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm also glad that someone has carried this forward.

I'm heading out for a bit now but as soon I get back I look forward to reading your blog and getting the project started.

Cheers,

John

Quick Reply