This Banana pocket plane is FAST! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by rcalldaylong, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 21, 2013, 03:13 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
Discussion

This Banana pocket plane is FAST!

This was given to me by cityevader a while back

I was flying stock on 3s for a while and it was a bit boring, so I threw a 30amp ESC and upped it to a 4S 30c 1000mah. It's blazing fast! The 4S was also given to me by cityevader. Tx's city.

with a wattmeter on it, I can tell the batteries are struggling to keep up though. voltage drops from 16.8 to the high 14's on WOT on a full charge and they come down pretty hot at the end of a 3 min flight.

I've probably done 25+ flights on it and the batteries don't seem to be affected at all by the high "c" output.

I wonder how much more speed I can get moving to slightly larger lipos (1300's), and 40c nano's...

100mph Banana Hobby pocket plane (2 min 25 sec)
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Dec 21, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 10:35 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
4 years later and i just now saw this video....man i forget how fast these li'l buggers are! If only my slope soarers could keep up!

Is that F4F Wildcat still alive? It was the best flying power plane i ever owned...and made of foam to boot.
Sep 06, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader
4 years later and i just now saw this video....man i forget how fast these li'l buggers are! If only my slope soarers could keep up!

Is that F4F Wildcat still alive? It was the best flying power plane i ever owned...and made of foam to boot.

It's great to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Oh yea. She's still alive and well, although life has taken me in other directions and I haven't had much of a chance to do any flying and haven't flown her for the last 2 years.

She's certainly the fastest plane I've flown. Seriously, every time I fly her, I still get an adrenaline rush.
Sep 06, 2017, 11:44 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Life sure has a funny way of getting in the way of...life.

I've struggled to merely build planes lately, with almost no flying.
Last year I cancelled the yearly park-passes for multiple counties, etc., at $250 per year; not just because i can no longer afford them, but because time is no longer in my favor.

FYI...if you're married with kids and contemplating divorce, you might just be better off together.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Life sure has a funny way of getting in the way of...life.

I've struggled to merely build planes lately, with almost no flying.
Last year I cancelled the yearly park-passes for multiple counties, etc., at $250 per year; not just because i can no longer afford them, but because time is no longer in my favor.

FYI...if you're married with kids and contemplating divorce, you might just be better off together.
Yep. I know what you mean.

LOL! No. My wife is wonderful.

You kinda appreciate life much more.
I'm just spending more time with the family, outdoors, fishing, and other things.
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Sep 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM.
Sep 07, 2017, 11:30 PM
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
I just realized...lots of personal stuff out in a public blog...
Sep 11, 2017, 11:55 AM
Quote:
I just realized...lots of personal stuff out in a public blog...
LOL! Yea. Me too. Anyways, I removed the post.

Tx.