ESL ALES in NJ - May 24 & 25 2014 - Hosted by the South Jersey Silent Flyers - Page 5 - RC Groups
Apr 28, 2014, 08:52 PM
Still circling in sink...
I'd come.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2014, 09:02 PM
turn, turn, turn.
I'll check with the airport manager tomorrow...see if it's a viable option on that weekend.
May 04, 2014, 11:45 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Update - we are trying to move the contest to Mays Landing NJ. Hold on for details.
May 05, 2014, 10:29 AM
AMA 7224
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
The contest is being moved to NJ - details to follow.

An update - 5/4/14
- Details are being worked out. We are trying to locate this contest to a NJ site near Mays Landing.

================================================== =
Let us know Mr. Anderson, at least two including myself will make the 20 minute trip to Strawberry Field.
May 05, 2014, 10:31 AM
Ed,

Are you looking at Strawberry Field, the same place as the Atlantic City ALES contest? If so, I'll try to be there. Same dates? Kind of late to be making reservations, though.

Dave R.
May 05, 2014, 11:47 AM
This is being done by John J of the SJSF www.sjsf.org I don't have all the details so I don't want to post bad info but hold the date. We are working on it.
May 05, 2014, 04:18 PM
John had his contest last year at Strawberry Field off Rte. 322 just outside of Mays Landing. If it's going to be there, I'll try to make it.

Please let us know ASAP because reservations may be tight for Memorial Day weekend. I had to stay in Millville last year, about a 20 something mile drive each way.

Thanks, Ed

Dave
May 05, 2014, 05:57 PM
It is confirmed, this contest will go on but it will be hosted in NJ.

Host club will be www.sjsf.org

John Jenks will be the CD -

Registration will be on the ESL Website - www.flyesl.org

The flying field is located at Tomlinson Mill Rd & Kettle Run, Evesham, NJ 08053. It is near the Marlton Parkway. The entrance to the field is at the sharp bend in the road. Be careful - this is easy to miss!
http://www.sjsf.org/maps.htm

Mapquest suggests using 225 Tomlinson Mill Rd, Marlton, NJ 08053 for your GPS
Should get you very close. Put it in Mapquest and go to Satellite view and you will see the field.

There will be glass mug trophies
Last edited by aeajr; May 05, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
May 05, 2014, 06:40 PM
turn, turn, turn.
is this the same field that the hard launch contests were held at?
May 05, 2014, 06:52 PM
Don't know. Hopefully John Jenks will join the discussion.
May 05, 2014, 07:24 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
Don't know. Hopefully John Jenks will join the discussion.
thanks Ed, I will watch patiently.
May 05, 2014, 11:40 PM
Spread the word. There are only a few weeks to get the registrations up to a point that the club is happy they ran the contest.
May 06, 2014, 08:16 AM
Just getting on the discussion now.
Yes the field is our regular SJSF field in Marlton, NJ
We have hosted several ESL events in the past including HL and TD contests.
The field is about 1100' X 700' with plenty of room to set the landing tapes out.
We'll put out as many tapes as needed to get three groups flying.
Right now it looks like we'll try for a man-on-man format and the usual 200M, 10 min tasks.
If you can't find reservations at the 12 hotels along the Rt 73 Rd from the Turnpike Exit4, down to Evesham Rd and the Marlton Bypass (road the field is on), try the Flying W airport (609-267-7673) They have a motel there that's clean and not too expensive. It's about 15 minutes from the field, and I just called and they have vacancies for the weekend.
May 10, 2014, 04:08 PM
OK, what is everyone flying?

Moldies? Woodies? Foamies?

2M, 3M, 4M?
May 10, 2014, 06:08 PM
Well boys, my wife and I rearranged some things and I am going to be able to join you for the contest afterall. I just signed up and am about to book a hotel.

See ya Friday for practice.

BTW, my main plane will be a 3.4M e-Supra and my back-up will be a Radian.

BTW, booked a room in the Fairfield in Mt Laurel. MapQuest says it is 6 miles from the field.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
350 Century Parkway Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 USA
Last edited by aeajr; May 10, 2014 at 06:28 PM.