Dec 20, 2013, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

YK016 micro Hubsan styled quad copter

I got a new aircraft which was total surprise for me. YK016 (Aviator) has JD 385 board, some unusual transmitter, 7mm motors (like on JD 385 and other Hubsan styled micros),
Transmitter seems to have a deadzone on right joystick (like on v222) but not much difference from JD 385.
I bought this thing from Chinese seller on Aliexpress which now closed his store so I can't even recommend a place to buy it. included battery was 240mAh. Standard USB charger (like on X4 and other micros) that I didn't test yet.
Since this aircraft has the same hardware as JD 385 I don't think it will has some specific features different from that aircraft that is discussed in this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1987864 but this one might be more popular later, who knows. It has motors hoders exaclty like on X4 so you can attach prop guards from X4 as I already did. it doesn't feel added weight but might reduce flight time though.
Propellers are bigger then on X4, probably the same like on JD 385 (can't compare side by side since my JD 385 has X4's props now).
Last edited by asanovrus; Dec 20, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2013, 06:17 AM
Is the screen in the transmitter just a sticker? Man at first glance I was shocked thinking that the transmitter has a color screen.....
Dec 21, 2013, 06:47 AM
Here a prop, There a prop
Looks new and shiny. My 949 has been thru hell and back. That thing looks durable and prop gaurds seem usefull
Dec 21, 2013, 08:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by connerESP
Is the screen in the transmitter just a sticker? Man at first glance I was shocked thinking that the transmitter has a color screen.....
yep. I didn't even pay attention but now when look at the pictures it really resembles phone's screen. I now removed the board from Tx and attached JST plug. it's now LiPo powered Tx. don't have a weather and time to test it yet.
Dec 21, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by connerESP
Is the screen in the transmitter just a sticker?
That is definitely a sticker.
Dec 21, 2013, 09:12 AM
Here a prop, There a prop
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
yep. I didn't even pay attention but now when look at the pictures it really resembles phone's screen. I now removed the board from Tx and attached JST plug. it's now LiPo powered Tx. don't have a weather and time to test it yet.
Send it to florida USA ill test it for you
Dec 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftyflyer
Send it to florida USA ill test it for you
thanks fo offer but it will take longer then just do it here
here's unboxing video of yko 16 or yk 016 or whatever it is:
unboxing Aviator YK016 micro Hubsan X4 styled quad copter (6 min 14 sec)
Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Showing up at Tmart now, with different prop guards/landing feet:

http://www.tmart.com/AVIATOR-YK016-4..._campaign=self

Mar 19, 2014, 12:29 PM
The uninformed will buy simply based on this falsehood:

◾Controlled by Wi-Fi phone or laptop
Mar 19, 2014, 02:09 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
The uninformed will buy simply based on this falsehood:

◾Controlled by Wi-Fi phone or laptop
Hah, I didn't even see that line in there. I think Tmart uses a template for their descriptions, and often fail to properly edit them.

I just ordered the quad from them though, so after I get it and confirm that there is indeed no WiFi control for it, I will submit a site correction to them.
Apr 23, 2014, 02:01 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Mine just showed up. (Yeah, definitely no WiFi control of this. I will submit a correction to Tmart about it.)
Apr 23, 2014, 02:43 PM
Hey! I just ordered one of these for a friend who wanted something cheap to learn to fly and when I saw you mentioned these had the jxd board I figured I couldnt' go wrong with picking one up. Anything different on this one, still has dead zone?
Apr 23, 2014, 02:46 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Oh cool, I hand't noticed the comment about the JXD hardware... I just tried binding it to my WLtoys V222 Tx and it worked! Good deal, since I'm not a huge fan of the stock Tx.
Apr 23, 2014, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
Oh cool, I hand't noticed the comment about the JXD hardware... I just tried binding it to my WLtoys V222 Tx and it worked! Good deal, since I'm not a huge fan of the stock Tx.
Good to know ... One more deviationTX compatible
Apr 23, 2014, 06:29 PM
Flyin' Ryan
This thing flies a lot like the JJRC F180 (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=f180), which also binds to the WLtoys V222 Tx.

This quad has a similar rudder/throttle mixing to the F180... seems a bit smoother in this one though. It's an odd thing to get used to, but it does seem to really keep the quad more level in rudder turns.

The prop guards seem nice and sturdy (they are screwed on), but I did have props fly off several times in light crashes. Once, one even came off during flight.

This is a very stable and maneuverable quad, overall. I quite like it.

Oh, and note that the color is different than what is listed at Tmart. They show one with blue highlights and white front props, but the one people (and I) are receiving has red highlights and red front props.

Quick Reply