Dec 20, 2013, 09:59 AM
Thread OP
Question

Nine Eagles J6 protocol vs Nine Eagles SLT protocol are they the same?

Hi!

I've a lot of Nine Eagles stuff and I can confirm than

J5/J6Pro transmitter binds at least to the some of the following models:

Code:
Solo Pro 328
Solo Pro 228
Solo Pro 100
Solo Pro 180
Sky Eagle
Xtra 300
Sky Runner
Sky Climber
YAK 54
P47
Mustang 3CH
Spitfire 3CH
Sky Surfer
Spitfire 4CH
Mustang 4CH
Sky 500
I was able to bind RTF Nine Eagles Allien Drone (Helimax 1SQ) to J6Pro, so the JF-M transmitter uses the same J6-protocol (the manual even have settings for J6Pro).

I've found this module: General Link RF Adapter Module with SLT Secure Link": http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-Helic...duct_info.html

Here I've found the video binding J6Pro-compatible board to J6Pro-SLT transmitter:
NineEagles 125A PCB BINDING to the Heli-Max AXE 100 CP TX610 2.4GHz SLT (2 min 1 sec)

It seems that there is only one version of NE protocol and J6-protocol and SLT are the same?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2013, 03:58 PM
The J6 Pro protocol is definitely not the same as the General Link / AnyLink SLT protocol, they use a different tx/rx IC.
J6 Pro uses CYRF6936
SLT uses nRF24L01
If you want more info about protocols etc, the Deviation site is a good place.
Dec 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
I'm not sure that Nine Eagles SLT is compatible with other SLT As for Deviation -- yes, I've found some threads on their forum about this issue, but it was not clear to the end.

It seems that NE changed RF-chips/protocols even for one model: micro heli 125A was shipped with J6Pro initially, now I see it with SLT General Link module, but in spare parts only one board is listed.
Dec 22, 2013, 04:05 PM
Seems it's not just one model where NE have the two different receivers.
I just scored the Black Hawk 319 rtf with the j6Pro radio, but they also sell a bnf version with the General Link, which is also sold as HeliMax Black Hawk with the Tactic Anylink module.
Regarding 125A, I also have both versions, bought the bnf with link module and built another from parts using the j6Pro version receiver.
The latest nightly build of Deviation has support for Anylink SLT, I just have to get cracking and solder in the nRF24L01 module to Devo 10 and I will let you know whether it binds to the 125A with slt receiver.
I read somewhere that General Link is the Japanese/Asian name for Tactic Anylink and it fits with what I've seen in the module. I took the General link module apart and it looks identical to photos I have of Anylink, same circuit, same ic's.
Anyway, will post an update when tested.
Dec 23, 2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono
Seems it's not just one model where NE have the two different receivers.
I just scored the Black Hawk 319 rtf with the j6Pro radio, but they also sell a bnf version with the General Link, which is also sold as HeliMax Black Hawk with the Tactic Anylink module.
Regarding 125A, I also have both versions, bought the bnf with link module and built another from parts using the j6Pro version receiver.
The latest nightly build of Deviation has support for Anylink SLT, I just have to get cracking and solder in the nRF24L01 module to Devo 10 and I will let you know whether it binds to the 125A with slt receiver.
I read somewhere that General Link is the Japanese/Asian name for Tactic Anylink and it fits with what I've seen in the module. I took the General link module apart and it looks identical to photos I have of Anylink, same circuit, same ic's.
Anyway, will post an update when tested.
I will add that with last nightly buid + devo modded with nRF24L01+PA + diode mod, you can bind both J6pro and SLT protocols
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Dec 23, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Dec 23, 2013, 06:52 AM
Thread OP
Thank you a lot, I've updated my J6Pro FAQ:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...82&postcount=2
Dec 28, 2013, 08:38 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Thanks for this discussion, guys. I had always assumed that Nine Eagles and Heli-Max RX boards were different and did not know that the General Link and the Anylink were the same SLT system.
Dec 30, 2013, 10:13 AM
I was pretty happy about a radio bought several years ago Tatic X600 binds with my new MD 530 Heli Max. Radio has been sitting in its box for years. Works fine but had no use for it. 6ch rx will go into some park flyer.
Jan 02, 2014, 06:54 PM

General Link

There seems to be at least 2 or more versions of the General Link
The ne480133 and the ne480192
I have the ne480192 and it is SLT and will bind with Tactic airplanes
I have on order the ne480133 and in the downloaded instructions it states that it will bind with airplanes and helicopters that the J6 will bind to.
Jan 02, 2014, 08:11 PM
Just to throw some more confusion your way, there is one listed with that number (NE480133) on a few sites, however if you look at the pic on a couple of those, it shows NE480114 as the model number.

Name: NE480114.jpg
Views: 217
Size: 18.2 KB
Description: Name: NE480133.jpg
Views: 203
Size: 55.5 KB
Description:

The 125A bnf that I got had the NE480192 (SLT) module.
When I read the instructions for the NE480133 (which you ordered) it says as you indicated...
"The module can be used for all Nine Eagles models which are equipped with a J4 (not FTR version), J5 or J6 type radio control system."
So NE have put out another link module (not SLT) to cater for bnf's which are J4/J6 compatible.
For those who don't have a J6 or J6 compat radio, I guess it's useful for the price. But it's going to cause a balls up for somebody eventually.
Jan 02, 2014, 08:11 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Does the outside of the General Link module show that they're in any way different? How are the two different versions marketed?

Oops, I just posted right after Mono posted the pictures.
Jan 03, 2014, 05:50 AM
Thread OP
Here is a manual for 480133 I believe.

It can be plugged into J6Pro so, it seems it doesn't use the same protocol.
Last edited by artvolk; Jan 03, 2014 at 06:04 AM.
Jan 03, 2014, 06:30 AM
artvolk
that's the General Link leaflet that came with my SLT version (NE480192).
Here is the manual specifically for the NE480133...

Gen Link NE480133

As you will see it contains no mention of connecting to a J6, only what I wrote in my previous post...
"The module can be used for all Nine Eagles models which are equipped with a J4 (not FTR version), J5 or J6 type radio control system."
Interesting, huh? This module wasn't floating around when I got the SLT one.
Jan 03, 2014, 06:38 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for the information.

So in short we have the following:

- NE480192 is definitelly SLT (nRF24L01 chip) and not compatible with J6Pro protocol (CYRF6936 chip)
- NE480133 seems to be J6Pro compatible.

... but it seems module 480114 exists The same as on your first photo above
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ducts_id=10825
Jan 03, 2014, 06:41 AM
Thread OP
mono, what is printed on your leaflet for SLT version (NE480192) in the right upper conner (see attached picture)?

Quick Reply