This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 20, 2013, 02:57 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

XMas wishes

Having no money definitely stimulates the imagination.

As a kid, I only wanted what wouldn't exist for another 30 years: LED TV screens, 4 propeller electric helicopters, a watch which could play video. I rarely wanted anything that was already being produced.

Now I want an exercise coach robot. It autonomously rolls in front of you to pace you, make a timelapse movie & measure position more accurately than a phone, with a really high quality GPS module. It can carry a certain amount of supplies. Because it's not a human transporter, the cost is greatly reduced & it can roll for many miles with inexpensive batteries.

The challenge is autonomously staying in front of the athlete. No-one has ever tested the range of an unmanned electric rover. If an electric scooter with lead acid batteries can go 10 miles, something unmanned with lipos should go for 30 miles. For all the investment in pedometer wrist bands that don't work, why can't someone invest in a simple rover?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply