Jan 13, 2020, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp73
For you guys running the Power 160 what prop are you using on 10's and or 12's
I have a couple planes running the power 160 swinging an 18x12 turnigy cherry wood prop on 10s
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2020, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss
I have a couple planes running the power 160 swinging an 18x12 turnigy cherry wood prop on 10s
Thanks
Jan 16, 2020, 06:44 PM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by afjetmech
If you can do a semi high speed taxi test holding the tail down and it doesn't veer one way or the other then you must be applying some rudder when landing. does it go the same way every time? Do you have a lot of rudder throw and little expo? Seems to me the tail wheel must be moving for it to veer off so fast that the wing drops.
That could be the problem. I have a lot of rudder throw to hold top rudder doing point rolls and such. And my tail wheel is hard attached to the same push rod that moves the rudder.

In following video, I tried for 3-pointer landing. I am sure I did not hold any rudder. My left wheel did touch first. Since our runway slopes to the right a little if my wings were parallel to surface plane would drift to the right of centerline, I always touch down slightly left wing low to stay at centerline. Also I remember touching one wheel first helps keep Spit from bouncing.

Landing at 5:30

FPV Dogfight: Spitfire vs F-14 Tomcat (7 min 5 sec)
Jan 16, 2020, 07:18 PM
That video was cool and you're obviously a good pilot. Can you get someone to film a few of your landings? Maybe from the rear and focus on your rudder after you touch down. Three point landings are not a good idea, but that's just my opinion. more likely to get a bounce and certainly is letting the tail wheel contact with too much speed. I would try landing slower as well. These Spitfire gigantic wings will really let them float down to a nice slow touchdown speed. Not sure what else to recommend. Hope you can get it figured out.
Jan 18, 2020, 08:23 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy
That could be the problem. I have a lot of rudder throw to hold top rudder doing point rolls and such. And my tail wheel is hard attached to the same push rod that moves the rudder.

In following video, I tried for 3-pointer landing. I am sure I did not hold any rudder. My left wheel did touch first. Since our runway slopes to the right a little if my wings were parallel to surface plane would drift to the right of centerline, I always touch down slightly left wing low to stay at centerline. Also I remember touching one wheel first helps keep Spit from bouncing.

Landing at 5:30
Nice video! Not to take anything away from the Spitfire, but that Tomcat landing at 5:18ish was just spot on!
Jan 29, 2020, 12:31 PM
When positioning an electric motor you use the cross hair as the center point correct , like the pic shows
Jan 29, 2020, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallcrasher
When positioning an electric motor you use the cross hair as the center point correct , like the pic shows
Really, really depends on the motor used.
The 50cc rimfire I used , the template did not work, nor were the box holes the same .
Jan 30, 2020, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk.S
How do you go with ground clearance under the prop? I broke a 20x10 recently as I didn't apply quite enough elevator on take off as I should have.
Ground clearance is a bit tight but is manageable as long as the strip isn't too rough.

Quick Reply