Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 17, 2013, 06:45 PM
Discussion

Action Drone AD1 Review - Mike Mas

Hey guys just finished this review on the AD1 carbon from Action Drone USA.

Note: Please click on the top of the page to expand the images.

Enjoy Mike Mas

www.actiondroneusa.com

to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2013, 09:15 PM
Wow this is very detailed and I'm very amazed at how much you have dissected the AD1. You're pretty much a guro on this quad. Thank you for doing this and we really appreciate this review. I'm posting this on our facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ActionDrone
Dec 19, 2013, 07:51 PM
Changed my underware . . . .
Dec 19, 2013, 08:29 PM
That's a good mod. Something to think about for upgrades
Dec 20, 2013, 08:53 AM
Nice review Mike!

Neat product too. Look great and the fold away arms/booms are nice for transport and wall storage for sure. I also like the front end camera mount/gimble for all the reasons you suggest too.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
Dec 20, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hey Ron good to hear from you - been flyin . . . .
Dec 20, 2013, 10:09 AM
MM,

Been flying mostly MR's. My DJI Hex and some smaller stuff. Personally I do like the DJI FC and assistant. I've not had any issues to date - should I say that nasty word - flyaway - but I fly manual and atti usually. Sure GPS to screw around with hold but not much leaving it on and flying around. Course the props and motors a balanced too...gotta love all the heli training over the years and the appreciation of a SMOOTH VIBRATION MODEL, no matter what it is.

I like that lil'GPS tracker you mention too. Neat idea. I don't SPEC mine out in the sky...I normally fly heli style. You gotta see it to control it LOS! LOL - guess I'm just old school'd.

Anyway - nice work on the article. Pics are superb and the write up is kewl too!

BTW, you flying Spektrum - you ever try their GPS tracker telemetry module? You can turn it on and track your flight and see it on Google Maps with an import of the file. I use it with my telemetry unit in the model with the STi unit on my iDevice. Neat to see where you flew and what patterns we tend to fly. Neat toy for sure!

________
Regards,

GMRO
Dec 20, 2013, 07:13 PM
Ron,

I do have the Spektrum I'll have to check out their GPS deal - thanks for the flowers on the article. Guess i just can't get away from the articles huh . .

Good hearing from you friend!
Dec 20, 2013, 07:32 PM
Here's a shot of the AD1 with the skids on, while the AD1 is possible on of the best Multi's to see in the air, the skids just make it that much better hanging below the machine. I was going to paint them black but the white & silver really shows up real good in the air. I actually did my first sliding landing today with my AD1 Fun!

The skids are from a Hirobo Scadu, they have a 3" width bolt to bolt so they fit the bottom plate fine. Just be careful when you drill the plate you don't hit anything. I angled the skids aft to keep the CG exactly where Darryl had it. It increased the height a couple of inches so she lands twice as nice now. I'm looking for a nice lightweight set of skids should anyone run across them.
Last edited by Mike Mas; Dec 21, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:45 AM
maybe I am stupid, but I can't see the review anywhere...
Dec 21, 2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyy
maybe I am stupid, but I can't see the review anywhere...
Let it load a bit.
Dec 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionDrone
Let it load a bit.
This is what I get no matter how long I wait (in Google Chrome):
Dec 21, 2013, 02:41 PM
Ohh wow. Not sure what's wrong with it but normally it should show 10 pages of detailed review.
Dec 21, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionDrone
Ohh wow. Not sure what's wrong with it but normally it should show 10 pages of detailed review.
I have opened it in Firefox and now it is loading! Thx.
Dec 21, 2013, 07:28 PM
A common problem is a flashing low battery light after 5-8 minutes on my AD1 - I reset my Assistant first battery levels to 14.90 and now I get an average of a 10 - 12 minutes flight when my first warning goes off and I still have 35-38% battery left, a good safe margin.

I have included an image of the assistant if you would like to set yours up as well.