Dec 17, 2013, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Receiver won't go into binding mode

Hi guys,

My friend just bought a Futaba 9CAP with a XPS-F1 module and 8 channel rx. However his rx won't go into bind mode no matter what.

Polarity is correct and the tx is in PPM.

When power is applied to the rx the LED turns on (red) but it does not flash as it should. When the button is pressed nothing happens either.

Is there anything else that he could be doing wrong before we assume the rx is defective?

This is the procedure he's following:

Binding for 8 and 10 channel receivers:
Apply power to your receiver.
When the receiver's LED is flashing RED, press and hold the programming button on the receiver until the LED turns GREEN, and then release the programming button. The LED will now flash orange, indicating it is in binding mode.
Press and hold the button labeled PROG on your transmitter module while turning on the power to your transmitter. If you are using an internal module (like an EVO or Profi), press and hold the button on the board while turning on the power.
Wait for the LED on the transmitter module (or internal board) to turn green and release the button.
The units will immediately bind.
The LED on the transmitter module (or internal board) will now be green.
The LED on the receiver will now be green.
Power off the transmitter and receiver.
They are now ready to be used.

Thanks for the help!

Art
Last edited by pisco2010; Dec 17, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added info
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2013, 09:14 PM
You might be able to reset the receiver:

Hold down the programming button WHILE applying power. Do NOT release the programming button for 10 seconds. During this time the LED should start flashing red, meaning that the receiver has been reset (at which point you can power off the receiver and see if it then works normally). If the LED does not flash while attempting to reset it, then it needs to be replaced.
Aug 09, 2014, 12:25 AM
I'll Fly Anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
You might be able to reset the receiver:

Hold down the programming button WHILE applying power. Do NOT release the programming button for 10 seconds. During this time the LED should start flashing red, meaning that the receiver has been reset (at which point you can power off the receiver and see if it then works normally). If the LED does not flash while attempting to reset it, then it needs to be replaced.
Hi Jim,

I have two traditional 8 Channel XPS 2.4Ghz Receivers that I cannot get to bind either with the transmitter or the XDP unit. When powered up (and not holding down the button with a 3/32" ball nosed hex tool) there is an alternating orange and red flash immediately after a solid red light.

Depressing the button with these two receivers while powering up gets you an orange light, followed by flashing red, then solid orange, but no ability to bind either with the XDP or the Tx.

No idea how to proceed with these two - any ideas?

I also have two of the older 6 ch park receivers.

One glows red on power up.
The other glows orange on power up.

Any ideas what else I might try on these?

Regards,

Ross
Aug 09, 2014, 10:31 AM
Alternating red/orange means RF failure - it can also mean that someone tried to upgrade them from v2.x to 3.x firmware without v3.x's required RF hardware change. These need to be sent here to be repaired.

The two park flyer receivers also sound like they need to come here for flashing or repair.

See:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...prod=XPSREPAIR
Jan 20, 2020, 10:52 AM
Hi guys, I'm developing a new project using a Spektrum SRS4210 receiver but I'm completely new in this field and I have the same problem problem.
The receiver never goes into binding mode, I'm trying to power it up using an arduino just to connect the RX to my controller (Spektrum DX4X) but when I turn it on the led never starts blinking. I've even tried to put the bind plug in the disable port but it doesn't work. Is there a problem with arduino?
Please help me, Thanks!
Jan 21, 2020, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto8
Hi guys, I'm developing a new project using a Spektrum SRS4210 receiver but I'm completely new in this field and I have the same problem problem.
The receiver never goes into binding mode, I'm trying to power it up using an arduino just to connect the RX to my controller (Spektrum DX4X) but when I turn it on the led never starts blinking. I've even tried to put the bind plug in the disable port but it doesn't work. Is there a problem with arduino?
Please help me, Thanks!
Not sure what your problem has to do with XPS ??? Have you tried the Spektrum forums ??

But maybe someone with knowledge can answer your question.......

Quick Reply