Dec 14, 2001, 02:42 PM
EMFSO, CRS, MAAC
Thread OP

Dubro E/Z link too small for HS-55

After seeing the adverts for this product I got a pair at the LHS. I had used the Hacker version in the past but they are made of steel and weigh a lot.

Well, I just tried to install one of these Dubro E/Z links onto the small arm of an HS-55 and the pin is so short it will not go all the way thru to the other side. It appears to just barely stick out.

I am not certain this is very secure over time and vibration. I was going to use this on a speed 400 ship, now I am not so sure.

Has any one else tried these? What are your thoughts and experiences?

Are there servos with smaller arms than the HS-55? the smallest GWS Pico's?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2001, 03:01 PM
Stress Be Gone

Mini EZ links

Used them on the HS55 arms that came with the servos and had no problems with them in my RADAR. I was a bit skeptical of them at first but they work just fine.
Dec 14, 2001, 03:18 PM
Almost a Pilot
I've used them on my GWS nano servos and thought much the same as you, but they seem to work well. I think the intent is for the pin to NOT go all the way through, but for the barb to grab inside the hole of the arm.
Anyhow, they've lasted through many less than perfect landings and are still fine.
Dec 14, 2001, 04:49 PM
I've used them on all 5 of my planes with HS-50, HS-55, and GWS Pico servos and have had no problems. At first I also thought the press fit was somewhat iffy, but I guess the small barbed end really grabs the plastic and makes it hard to push out. They definitely make control adjustments very easy.

-Art
Dec 17, 2001, 12:02 PM
EMFSO, CRS, MAAC
Thread OP
Thanx guys,

I have them installed in a sp400 size bird.

I should have tried to yank them loose from an experimental arm first.

I did try to pull them out with a moderate amount of force and they seem to not want to budge.

I guess I have to flight test 'em now...
Dec 17, 2001, 09:42 PM
I have used these on several eplanes and they are great. Once they are pressed into the arms you'll have a hard time removing them. They are made especially for the small servo arms. Once the pin goes thru the arm the barb holds them in and they can't come out. I won't use anything else.

Quick Reply