This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 16, 2013, 06:16 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bluetooth battle

Best stencil job of them all. A joy to fly, but the spruce isn't retaining its bend.

After a solid day of banging on them, figured out the pile of bluetooth boards has at least 3 incompatible firmware versions with different AT commands. It's a matter of trying different baud rates & different AT=VERSION commands to get the version.

The one installed was a lighter solder mask & ended up being an HC-06/Linvor 1.5.

Power up without pairing or tying the CMD pin to 3.3V.
The serial port defaults to 9600 baud.
Must paste the AT commands with no linefeeds, no delays, & in caps.
AT+VERSION
AT+NAMEMarcy1
AT+BAUD8

The dark solder mask may be EGBT-046S. The phone retains the old device name.

This is the 1st aircraft relying on hot glued electronics instead of body taped or double sided taped electronics. Hopefully the crash damage won't be worsened.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Dec 16, 2013 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Crossfire
Best stencil job of them all. A joy to fly, but the spruce isn't retaining its bend.
I'm curious if you have tried leaving the arm portion (looks like a ply) flat and mounting the motor on a wedge of some light material (wood/foam/...)?

Would that give you the right thrust angles and center point for the prop shaft?

It might make construction simpler if it would work with your other requirements.

Cheers,
J
Dec 16, 2013, 03:13 PM
For flying out loud!
could you post plans and where the centre of gravity is and the thrust line as i would like to build one. i would probaly build it using micro components but i can scale it down myself
Dec 16, 2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemad man
could you post plans and where the centre of gravity is and the thrust line as i would like to build one. i would probaly build it using micro components but i can scale it down myself
Hey Planemad Man.... I believe Jack's design requires a significant amount of embedded firmware on custom circuits (visible in his pics and vids). I think it would be possible to get something to spin up/down; however, the horizontal movements would be virtually impossible to control without his logic/circuits.

It's an extremely cool concept... awesome practical implementation of the physics involved.

Jack... are you selling / developing any marketable prototypes yet?

Thanks, and if I'm completely off base please correct me.
J
Dec 17, 2013, 02:09 AM
For flying out loud!
yes i did not want any thing to clever and was not expecting to make it move although if i spent enough time on it and managed to write a code like that it would be cool, but i would probaly have to make it bigger so that i could put an audino on it. just so that it could go up and down in a stable hover would be fine for me even if you could not control hight. i just find it a very intresting concept that i have no understanding of thus i want so much detail on the plans.
Dec 17, 2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemad man
yes i did not want any thing to clever
i just find it a very intresting concept that i have no understanding of thus i want so much detail on the plans.
Got it. Yes, I think you'd have to be able to at least control throttle (height) otherwise getting it to launch and stay in a stable hover would be near impossible due to inertia/momentum issues, etc.

** Sorry for hijacking your blog Jack. **

J
Dec 17, 2013, 11:35 AM
For flying out loud!
sorry+1

Quick Reply