Dec 16, 2013, 03:25 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Thread OP
Chris,
Well done mate, that seems to fly pretty good......camera man did an excellent job too

Thanks for taking the time to build it

Rich
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2013, 08:25 PM
Just made a couple of minor updates to this construction. Simple nose faring and a very light tail wheel as well as some course sandpaper finger grips to the main fuz beam.No flying for a couple of days as its around 40 c in my part of the world.
Cheers
Chris...
Dec 20, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hi Rich.
Are you planning to do drawings or magazine feature?
Have not done much over the last few months due to illnes,but have just about finished the Spyro and the Firefly .Panther all parts cut out and needs assembly which will be next.

regards Jeff
Dec 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Thread OP
Jeff,
I am producing a plan and will get it completed over the christmas holidays, I will probably not go down the mag route but stick with Coolwind. Maybe flog a few on ebay first as this helps to fund the next project. I really need to get mine completed first.
Chris is having way too much fun down under!!

Rich
Dec 21, 2013, 12:22 AM
Pre-rotate before Take-off
Rich
Yet another nice looking model, It's got that scale look about it. Well done buddy.
Keep them cuming.

Chris
Nicely finished model. Really like the way you fly the model. You have very good flying skills.

Regards
Wollie
Dec 22, 2013, 05:37 PM
autogyro andy
A winner Rich. :-)

Well finished and good flying Chris. Its a shame its so far to get there. I could see us drinking beer watching your flying.

Regards Andy
Dec 22, 2013, 05:46 PM
Andy
Sounds good to me
Cheers
Chris..
Dec 22, 2013, 05:47 PM
autogyro andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
Just made a couple of minor updates to this construction. Simple nose faring and a very light tail wheel as well as some course sandpaper finger grips to the main fuz beam.No flying for a couple of days as its around 40 c in my part of the world.
Cheers
Chris...
Chris

I just wanted to say I like the model without the nose faring, more like a scale machine used in your home country I think?

Very nice what's the engine and battery you used?

Regards
Andy
Dec 23, 2013, 12:53 AM
Andy
I did put on the faring just to clean up the nose as per the plan...but I don't think that it is any better that way. I am sure that the front end could be made in many versions all up to the builder. I do think that this model could be dressed up with a scale appearance even by fitting scale motor cylinders. I am not aware if there are any full size machines like this around my area . Now my set up is with a C3830 / 1100 turning a 10 X 5 APC copy on a 40 amp esc and a 2200 3 cell lipo . But this could be different from what Rich may use and recommend. I would recommend this model as a super simple build with a great flight performance. Just you cup of tea mate.
Happy Landings
Chris..
Dec 23, 2013, 02:18 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Burky or this as a first AG, if not an Auto-G??

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Dec 23, 2013, 03:35 AM
This is s very simple to build and fly autogyro........but as a first model..I would suggest the Burky as I believe for a beginner it is lighter and fly's slower so will hopefully be more forgiving.
Chris....
Dec 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
It's all in the Blades!
Thread OP
Subject to some bad grammar/spelling mistakes and a bit of blade testing on my part, I believe the Mantis plan is almost completed. I will get some printed next week to see what the finished example looks like.
If anyone is interested there is a link on my website (if it still works!) to contact me.

www.rcautogyro.co.uk

A Happy Chrismas to everyone

Cheers

Rich
Last edited by SafeLandings; Dec 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Dec 24, 2013, 12:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Doesn't work for me....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Dec 24, 2013, 12:31 PM
Rich the link you posted doesn't work for me ether but this one works

http://www.rcautogyro.co.uk/
Dec 24, 2013, 12:34 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Thread OP
Spelling mistake, sorry, should work now?

Quick Reply