Jul 20, 2014, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Cool ! Looking forward to seeing it fly !

Al
As I promised, let me share my maiden:
Fogey v2 maiden flight (1 min 38 sec)

forgive my beginner pilot skills the rest of the flights were much better, even my 9-year-old son was able to fly and land successfully w/o any crash!

so thanks again for sharing your plan!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2014, 08:51 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkornel
As I promised, let me share my maiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZgaF2cgss

forgive my beginner pilot skills the rest of the flights were much better, even my 9-year-old son was able to fly and land successfully w/o any crash!

so thanks again for sharing your plan!
Looks great , definitely a floater ! Thanks for posting the video !

Al
Jul 21, 2014, 08:30 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
I'm in love with this plane, all over again. Thanks for sharing.

KP.
Sep 01, 2014, 01:30 AM

cg question

I'm building the 60 inch version. Any hints on how far back from the leading edge for the cg? The apex is 5 inches long.

I lengthened the nose 2 inches. Hope that helps with the balance.

so far, got the wings done, and body formers and sides glued.
Sep 01, 2014, 11:23 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoteri
I'm building the 60 inch version. Any hints on how far back from the leading edge for the cg? The apex is 5 inches long.

I lengthened the nose 2 inches. Hope that helps with the balance.

so far, got the wings done, and body formers and sides glued.
The apex ( highest point ) is the 3 inch section between the 5 inch front section and the 12 inch back section of the wing . Start with the CG right in the middle of the 3 inch section , then adjust the CG to your liking .

If possible , show us photos and video when you're done !

Al
Sep 02, 2014, 12:42 AM

cg thanks

Thanks for the cg clairification. I'll try and take a few pics along the way...
Dec 03, 2014, 01:00 PM
Finally getting to the Old Fogey build . . . . almost there!
Dec 03, 2014, 02:05 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwlf
Finally getting to the Old Fogey build . . . . almost there!
Can't wait to see it fly !

Al
Dec 03, 2014, 05:46 PM
Slow Flyer
I luv dis plane
Dec 03, 2014, 07:06 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch_327
I luv dis plane
Are you building one ?

Al
Dec 03, 2014, 11:36 PM
Slow Flyer
I hope to soon, my goal right now is to get me a descent computer radio. I sold mine (Optic 6) back a couple months ago to pay some bills.

I have 25 sheets of DTF, an extra 1700 24g BW, 12A esc, plenty of 9g servos and several diffe rent 2S and 3S lipos. I'm gonna build as light as I can, (no paper) and easy on the hot glue. I am hoping for "walking pace" speeds
Dec 04, 2014, 01:52 AM
You might think about the cg with a light setup. I built one out of $ tree foam without paper. I lengthened the nose 2 inches, put in a park 480, and need a 3 cell 2200 ma battery in the nose to get the cg correct. I have not flown it yet due to weather and schedule issues. (I only have free time when the weather is lousy)
Dec 04, 2014, 01:53 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch_327
I hope to soon, my goal right now is to get me a descent computer radio. I sold mine (Optic 6) back a couple months ago to pay some bills.

I have 25 sheets of DTF, an extra 1700 24g BW, 12A esc, plenty of 9g servos and several diffe rent 2S and 3S lipos. I'm gonna build as light as I can, (no paper) and easy on the hot glue. I am hoping for "walking pace" speeds
That 24 gram BW motor will be underpowered for the 60" Old Fogey-ish , but it will work for the 40" version .

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post27324153

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post27334690

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post27913772

Al

Lightweight 40" wingspan FT Old Fogey-ish (2 min 58 sec)
Dec 04, 2014, 02:52 AM
Slow Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoteri
You might think about the cg with a light setup. I built one out of $ tree foam without paper. I lengthened the nose 2 inches, put in a park 480, and need a 3 cell 2200 ma battery in the nose to get the cg correct. I have not flown it yet due to weather and schedule issues. (I only have free time when the weather is lousy)
Thanks for the info about the longer nose. I will incorporate that into my build. I like my planes (slowflyers) to be a tad nose heavy to start off with.
Dec 04, 2014, 02:59 AM
Slow Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
The 40" version is what I had in mind. In fact, that video is the reason I want to build one. That plane is the slowest I have seen.

Thanks for the links

Quick Reply