Dec 02, 2019, 08:38 PM
aka: Major Tom
Just figured out that I cut two polyhedral joints which is why they would not glue together. Won't make that mistake on the new wing.
to remove ads between posts
Yesterday, 10:26 PM
aka: Major Tom
Well ... I tried to maiden today and it was not good. There is NO POWER to get the plane in the air. I used a 2S 850mah battery, 2805 motor and 6030 prop. I've done something really wrong cause it's not close to flying.

Thoughts? Suggestions? HELP! lol
Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
check your thrust angle on your motor. From past experience I can tell you that and under cambered wing will require a little bit higher of a thrust angle

I had the same issues when I build my own under cambered slow flying plane. I found that increasing the thrust angle solved this almost immediately
Today, 12:21 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurt
Well ... I tried to maiden today and it was not good. There is NO POWER to get the plane in the air. I used a 2S 850mah battery, 2805 motor and 6030 prop. I've done something really wrong cause it's not close to flying.

Thoughts? Suggestions? HELP! lol
How did it glide when you attempted to fly it ? A gentle floating descent , or dropped like a brick ? If it dropped like a brick it is likely overweight . If there's any way to lose weight , that may help .

Can your motor use a 3S battery and a larger prop ? A 3S battery will give you higher RPM's , and a larger prop will give you more thrust . If your current motor can't use 3S and a larger prop , replace it with one that can . The motors that can use a larger prop are usually lower KV .

The square nose may be blocking the prop wash coming from the small 6" prop . With an 8" or 9" prop , the prop wash will better clear the square nose . Tapering the square nose may also help .

Quick Reply