Dec 21, 2017, 06:15 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Well she's got all the boken bits removed..
Just needs to be reassembled...... 2 nose sections and a bit of the intake.
Like you, I'm "snowed under" for Christmas and New Year's..... I will be building again after Jan 12.
Look forward to seeing her fly again mate and you have a great Christmas and New year

AND to all my friends on the forum I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy and prosperous New year

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2017, 06:23 AM
Thank you sir!
Wish you all the best.
Dec 23, 2017, 10:17 AM
Build it again, Sam!
I'd built it a long time ago, but I think I'd put in my 5 pence here.... All nice builts and the V3 is really a "I want that teaser" to me but on the last suggestion ... Lockey : how heavy would a plane have to be when it comes to balancing the CG with those both engines so far in the back....

Me 262 A1 Peanut Scale Pusher (0 min 47 sec)
Dec 23, 2017, 04:35 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Merry Christmas to you all!!

You'll find the cg quite far back with such an exaggerated swept wing
Dec 23, 2017, 05:07 PM
Build it again, Sam!
... same to you ( Merry X-Mas) . The question would be to get the appropriate CG right in case of the weight of the engines in the back... ( perhaps one would need a lead accumulator to balance this stuff right..)
Hj

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=3441867

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=3481604

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=3481595
Last edited by Harpye; Dec 23, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Dec 23, 2017, 08:44 PM
Thread OP
Harpye, thanks for the video, that little bugger was much too fast for me

As Duke said, the CG on the V3 would be quite far back on those swept wings BUT would still be very difficult to balance IMHO .. not one that I would have on my hit list though

Lockey
Dec 24, 2017, 12:24 AM
When cows fly!
Merry Christmas from the Cold Ass Ranch! If Santa needs any help, we are ready to pitch in here at the ranch Not sure if we can get Hemlock the bull off the ground, but everybody else is flight ready
Dec 24, 2017, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
Merry Christmas David, all the best to you and all your family .. looks like you could have your own nativity there mate with all your animals .. and all ready for the festive season too

Lockey
Dec 24, 2017, 07:54 AM
Merry Christmas chaps.

Nice to see Hemlock joining in with the festivities David.

Have a good one!
Jan 26, 2020, 12:52 AM

Half Pint

Half Pints are back! Been haven this itch of late. So I thought Id give this thread a bump. More to come!!!
Jan 26, 2020, 03:45 AM
Thread OP
Look forward to seeing your build mate

Lockey
Feb 13, 2020, 06:29 PM
Thread OP
Looking good ksqm, keep up the good work mate

Lockey
Yesterday, 07:50 PM
I have not built a foam plane other than Flitetest stuff in quite awhile. I understand that depron is no longer available. What are people using in place of depron? All I am finding is foam that weighs a lot more.

Thanks,
Dick
Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Flyer
I have not built a foam plane other than Flitetest stuff in quite awhile. I understand that depron is no longer available. What are people using in place of depron? All I am finding is foam that weighs a lot more.

Thanks,
Dick
I believe the guys in the States are using MPF (Model Plane Foam) http://www.modelplanefoam.com .. here in Australia we can't get MPF and the people that were supplying Depron are now supplying a different foam.. not as good as Depron though .. beggars can't be choosers though eh

Lockey

Quick Reply