Jul 01, 2020, 01:37 PM
Hello Red,

Any updates regarding the release of the 32" and 13" Prandl-M OML CAD ?

Thanks in advance for your response.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2020, 02:28 PM
TTN
TTN
Design & Build <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pa
Eclipson PRANDTL wing model for Real flight simulator 7.5 available for free
Like and download it here: https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/ind...ndtl_ea.26574/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNRTjEHbbk
This looks awesome. Any flight footage yet or comments on its flying characteristics?
Jul 01, 2020, 02:48 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialthings
Hello Red,

Any updates regarding the release of the 32" and 13" Prandl-M OML CAD ?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Unfortunately we are still on work from home status. I haven't been to work in over 100 days. Let me see what I can do.

Red
Latest blog entry: Impulse - Wing build begins!
Jul 02, 2020, 03:25 AM
3pa
3pa
Eclipson´s lead designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTN
This looks awesome. Any flight footage yet or comments on its flying characteristics?
No video yet, we have been flying the original design but it doesn't fly well, we clearly have adverse yaw,  we designed the wing to fly faster than the original since this is a motorglider model, this mean that the torsion required was less, that modification seems to reduce the proveserve yaw more than we expected , now we are printing a second version with the same lift distribution of the original design.

We are also using this design to test if it makes sense to print it with LW-PLA and cover the wing with fiberglass to achieve a light and durable 3d printed plane, so far the results are pretty good. 
Jul 02, 2020, 07:12 AM
You know nothing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Unfortunately we are still on work from home status. I haven't been to work in over 100 days. Let me see what I can do.

Red
Are these still on course to be included in the next Mars shot?
Jul 02, 2020, 09:24 AM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart A
Are these still on course to be included in the next Mars shot?
Well the next one is soon, so no. We're hopeful for 2024, but nothing is solid yet. Still very much a research project.

Red
Jul 06, 2020, 02:08 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
I’m curious about elevon differential and it’s importance on this wing. I assume the downward elevon would cause a braking action negating the proverse action?
Jul 06, 2020, 03:18 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw_hughes
I’m curious about elevon differential and it’s importance on this wing. I assume the downward elevon would cause a braking action negating the proverse action?
You want zero differential, not necessary at all on a BSLD wing and actually a hindrance. Remember, you have up wash where there would normally be down wash. Differential will make the adverse yaw worse.

Red
Jul 08, 2020, 06:52 PM
Herk
If you build one of these even close to BLSD and when flying you have adverse yaw it means either you need more nose weight or you are flying too slowly --- probably the nose weight.
Jul 09, 2020, 11:53 AM
3pa
3pa
Eclipson´s lead designer
We were not flying slowly, I agree with the nose weight, we already have the V2 printed and the CG more fordward. let see what happen
Jul 11, 2020, 08:00 AM
Thanks Red!

Quote:

Red
Jul 11, 2020, 08:03 AM
Thanks Red!

Quote:

Red
Jul 12, 2020, 01:56 PM
3pa
3pa
Eclipson´s lead designer
V2 flies much better! The C.G. has to be really fordward!

Now the files are available at our page: https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/prandtl

PRANDTl flying wing - 3D printed - Flight video (2 min 13 sec)
Jul 12, 2020, 03:56 PM
Pile-it
Thread OP
Nice job

Red
Jul 12, 2020, 09:33 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pa
V2 flies much better! The C.G. has to be really fordward!

Now the files are available at our page: https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/prandtl
Regarding this model, I'm not really a 3D printer kind of modeler, my background is balsa and more latterly carbon fiber and making moulds.... but could you advise what the cost of printing this model would be if I could not get a printer?

Quick Reply