Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 01, 2004, 04:47 AM

Tachometer

Hi there,

Anybody needs a good tacho?

Then you should try this. This is a tachometer originally designed by Cord Johannmeyer ( http://home.t-online.de/home/cord.johannmeyer/ ) couple of years ago. It uses a pic 16C73 as the processor and the original design includes a RS232 serial interface to be connected to a pc. I have edited the circuit a bit to omit the serial interface and re-designed the PCB in order to reduce its size and to fit in to a convenient case but all credit goes to Cord Johannmeyer for this brilliant design. I have been using it for quite a while now and very happy with it. It is, like Cord said in his web site, really sensitive and accurate. I'm attaching some pictures of my version of this tachometer. If you need Eagle schematic and PCB files let me know so I can mail them directly to you. For the hex file for programming the PIC, please visit Cord's web site to get it.

Happy building,

Osman DALAMAN
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2004, 04:49 AM

Tachometer

The casing
Mar 01, 2004, 04:51 AM

Tachometer

Rear of the case with openings for blade count and LCD brightness adjust
Mar 01, 2004, 04:52 AM

Tachometer

Sensor placement
Mar 01, 2004, 04:54 AM

Tachometer

Placement of the PCB
Mar 01, 2004, 04:55 AM

Tachometer

Re-designed PCB
Mar 01, 2004, 05:02 AM

Tachometer

Ooops, the picture is too big. Here is the smaller one.
Mar 01, 2004, 05:49 AM

Tachometer

And last, the schematic.
Mar 01, 2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks Odalaman,
It would be great to build , but I have tried various ways of printing out the schematic and still can't read most of text or values for components. I tried to download the schematic from the site you gave but my computer says I do not have the proper viewer. Oh well, its not always easy to get good stuff!
Last edited by robert harik; Mar 01, 2004 at 08:53 PM.
Mar 02, 2004, 02:57 AM
Hello Robert,

First of all, the schematic you can have from Cord's web site is the original one which has the serial interface and some other stuff. The one I can supply you does not have the serial interface and it is re-designed to fit in a smaller box. I will gladly send the files (schematic & PCB) to you, but in order for you to see and print the PCB, you need to have the shareware program EAGLE from http://www.cadsoft.de/cgi-bin/downlo...ub/program/4.1 . You also have to download the hex code to program the PIC chip.

Just let me know your e-mail address or send my personal email a message so I can forward you the files.
Mar 02, 2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks Odalaman, I would be very happy to have the schematic and PCB.

Thank You, Robert Harik
Last edited by robert harik; Sep 07, 2004 at 12:02 AM.
Mar 03, 2004, 03:24 AM
Hello Robert,

I have send the files to your address. Have fun.
Mar 05, 2004, 03:59 AM
Hi Texty,

I have sent you the files. Have fun.
Mar 09, 2004, 02:22 PM
The pic program source files are available as CCS C - can anyone
send me with an assembler type, or perhaps the .lst file?
Anyone who has a full version of pic c (either hi-tec or ccs) should be able to produce the .asm file from the C files, but I don't have pic c.
I,d like to be able to convert the circuit to use either a 16f628 or perhaps a 16f676 pic chip which are cheaper and more easily obtainable than the 16c73 used in the original design.
Thanks,
Texy
Please e-mail to texy at btopenworld dot com
Mar 10, 2004, 02:56 AM
Hi texy,

I have contacted Cord Johannmeyer and requested the .asm files but I have not received them yet. While we are waiting, like you mentioned, lets ask to the group if anyone have a CSS C compiler which they can use to produce .asm files that you can use to convert the code to 16f628.

By the way how is the construction going?

Quick Reply