Apr 03, 2016, 08:39 PM
Proving that pork can fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by teampenske884
Managed to fit a Bixler 1 motor and flyzone sensei ESC on an a spare airframe. This thing is FAST!
Wow, had a pretty good chuckle at the size of the battery on there. I bet that thing really hauls.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2016, 08:41 PM
Oh! Just love model
That thing is awesome. If there were a Zero in a Mad Max movie it would look like that.

August
Apr 03, 2016, 09:16 PM
Proving that pork can fly
Finally got around to putting my rufe conversion in the water yesterday. Basically did what amounts to a wright brothers flight. Very quickly realized that I need way more rudder authority. The pushrod is on the outermost hole and I'd like to move it in, but don't see how to without possibly breaking something. Anyone figured this out?
Apr 06, 2016, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig
Wow, had a pretty good chuckle at the size of the battery on there. I bet that thing really hauls.
It honestly didn't think it would make it off the ground; The flimsy stock landing gear barely supports it. Wish I had some way of clocking how fast it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5083
That thing is awesome. If there were a Zero in a Mad Max movie it would look like that.

August
Thanks! I'll have to find a Doof Warrior minifig to mount to the top of it lol.
Apr 09, 2016, 04:05 PM
Anybody know where to get a mounting bracket (not the AirCore ones that have the servos, etc.) so that the motors can be mounted easily in a scratch built. The shaft size, by my best measurement, is 6.94 mm, so a mount with a 7 mm hole should work.
Apr 09, 2016, 10:12 PM
Scratch building addict
Looks like the power core is getting really hard to find? Picked up some airframes today. They got it right with these, perfect size planes in my opinion.

I'm thinking I'll end up putting my own electronics in them though, I never pulled the trigger on the whole system because I couldn't get a good answer whether the transmitter mod would work on my cheapo chinese transmitters.

The power pod is a great idea, but they should have left the Receiver out, and just left a space for a nice micro receiver like the Orange or the Frsky ones. I think this was a deal breaker for a lot of people like me. One more expense I don't need.

Hmm I wonder if they are reading. I sure do miss the old cox micro warbirds.
Apr 10, 2016, 05:31 AM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺
The TX-R power core works great with my Anylink2 (TACJ2005).
But recently I launched my Zero with the BF-109 model memory. More complex protocols than SLT don't allow this.
I really like the fixed id in my standard sized DEVO receivers.
On the other hand I tend to damage micro stuff like ripping off plugs e.g.. That's why I need the power core with the SLT receiver.
Apr 10, 2016, 09:11 AM
I'm so glad to see this plane stlill has a following. Do to "life" I was not able to get a better radio for my aircores, I bought a umx J-3. However, I did figure out an adapter option. Flew two packs when the weather broke with the toy radio and decided to finally ground them until I get it on a better radio. In the next few weeks I might get an orange rx and bind a third bird to my dx4 since a dx6 is out of the picture until atleast later summer or later may even be spring who knows. Wife lost her job this past week and things will be tight for awhile. Really want to fly these on an easier radio. Probally just gonna put a third plane on my dx4 for the summer. Who knows I might find a cheap ttx600. Who knows, my J-3 is really fun though.
Jan 15, 2017, 06:18 PM
Foam bashed Miss America p-51 into a Lagg-3, now to make the canopy
Jan 15, 2017, 09:40 PM
Beautiful! The Aircore lives on..... 👍🏻👍🏻
Jan 15, 2017, 09:58 PM
nom
nom
Nice work!
Jan 15, 2017, 10:33 PM
Oh! Just love model
Excellent job!

August
Jan 16, 2017, 06:34 AM
Thank ya folks for the kind words !
Jan 24, 2017, 10:19 AM
Brake for Aircore powercore.
Tried the other procedures as posted earlier but did not work. This one works for me!
Differences from earlier described method in bold.

1) Power up TX
2) Move throttle stick to max
3) Power up ESC/Power Module
4) Listen for melody after a few seconds (~5s)
5) Listen for first single beep.
6) Lower throttle stick to min
7) Listen for the two beeps
8) Raise throttle to max
9) Listen for di-da-di-da
10) Lower throttle to min
11) Listen for confirmation beeps 2 short, 1 long
12) Test throttle to see that the ESC brake is on -- prop stops spinning quickly when throttle killed

Ps, Just started with a few Aircore planes (P51 and ME109) and they fly really nice! (But I had no break on the ESC so after 2 flights the prop adaptor on the motor already splitted. Could be the cold as well...)
Mar 05, 2017, 06:02 PM
🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇪🇺
Had 10 5 min. flights with my green Zero today Lots of fun as always.

Quick Reply