best micro cp heli for beginners - RC Groups
Dec 06, 2013, 10:27 AM
Discussion

best micro cp heli for beginners

Hello, I have never flown a cp heli and I saw some micro cp helis out there and I cant decide which is the best for a beginner, I should say that im flying 4ch fp helis some time now.

I have a few micro cp helis on my mind : turnigy fbl100 / wltoys v922 / walkera super cp.

So which cp heli is the best for beginners and why?

Thanks for the helpers!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2013, 11:38 AM
the nano cpx, very small stable and can take quite a punch and keep on flying
Dec 06, 2013, 11:50 AM
My pick would be the Super CP with Devo 7e transmitter. The latter is a programmable transmitter that can be made compatible with other brands later on through a firmware upgrade. The FBL 100 / V922 and the nano CPX would be quite difficult to fly without a programmable transmitter.
Dec 06, 2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819
the nano cpx, very small stable and can take quite a punch and keep on flying ...
+1 with extra emphasis on its ability to take a beating and keep flying. Remarkable really.
Dec 06, 2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks, but how about performance?

Is the super cp better or worse than any other cp ?

Or its just the super cp's controller that makes it a better choice?

Thanks for the help!!
Dec 06, 2013, 12:59 PM
In all cases you should invest in a transmitter. The Devo 8s can control both Walkera and the Nano CPX so its a nice universal unit, which I think is zadaw's point. It requires a firmware upgrade you can find at deviationtx.com.

If you are in the US the Nano CPX is probably a better choice though because of parts availability. It is very popular so you'll have lots of forum support as well.
Dec 06, 2013, 02:01 PM
From a learning and cost stand point the Super is the better deal. Cost a lot less to get the Super with the 7e or Devo 10, then a Nano with a 6i. The Nano is the better 3d of the two but the Super is more stable and durable. Super can handle a lot more wind outside than the Nano. The Nano is the only one that I can flip in the house....... If you don't have a local hobby shop parts for the super are cheaper than the Nano. Devo 10 with deviation is about as close to a universal TX as you can get right now.
Dec 06, 2013, 02:09 PM
Agreed, get a Nano, especially if you have local parts support.
Dec 06, 2013, 02:10 PM
Delete double post
Dec 06, 2013, 02:19 PM
Im not from the us, and any hobby shop at my country is 5 times the price online so im only buying online parts...

As for the transmitter im gonna stay with the one provided cuz I cant really afford anything beyond the micro heli and the provided transmitter.

So is the nano still the better choice for me?
Dec 06, 2013, 02:33 PM
To "learn" on the nano I needed more DR/Expo than what the included Spectrum transmitter (DX4e) offered. Its a bit twitchy even on low rates but you might find it OK? For the record, there is a big sale at Horizon Hobby right now on it. $99 BNF, $119 RTF.

Personally, I'd find a way to get a Devo or Dx6i or something before worrying about the bird.
Dec 06, 2013, 02:43 PM
You can get the Super for about 150 us, with a devo 7e.........
Dec 06, 2013, 02:45 PM
I'm curious about the Walkeras. If there was some local support I'd get a v120D02s.
Dec 06, 2013, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=gbnd;26829269]Im not from the us, and any hobby shop at my country is 5 times the price online so im only buying online parts...

As for the transmitter im gonna stay with the one provided cuz I cant really afford anything beyond the micro heli and the provided transmitter.

You have been given good advice, Don't care where you are from.
Walkears Super c/p is good heli with computer radio. Buy cheap clone and pay the price as hard to fly with stock tx. S c/p w Devo 7e is good as can use firmware to use other brands.
The Nano CP-X is excellent small c/p. It will smoke the rest hands down.
Dec 06, 2013, 03:56 PM
you might also consider the hisky fbl80 with the optional x6s programmable transmitter , it's a fair bit cheaper than the nano cpx , fly's well and the spare's are easily found and cheap as well.