Dec 05, 2013, 10:20 PM
Thread OP
Alert

Be careful ordering from Esprit Model (espritmodel.com)

My first (and last) order was a Hacker V3 motor.. Spent about $100 on it.

After I placed the order, I realized I wanted an extra prop adapter for a spare. I was not able to find it on the site, so I called the shop. I asked for the prop adapter for the motor I just ordered, and the guy said they had it in stock. Gave me the stock # and told me to add it to the order.

I received my motor and the prop adapter. The prop adapter was stuck in a drawer for about 1.5 months because I had no need for it.

At the two month mark, my original prop adapter was a bit chewed up, so I went to the drawer for the replacement. It's the wrong one. Apparently the V1/V2 Hacker motor has a four bolt pattern to attach to the motor, and the V3 has a six bolt pattern.. That's the difference.. Well, when I realized it was the wrong one, I sent an email to Esprit asking if they could exchange it for me.

Nope. They responded with a link to their 30 day return policy. Ok, I get that.. But then I called, and explained to the guy that the part was selected by THEIR employee as the correct part, and they sent it in the same package with a motor that it doesn't fit... I asked if they could please just exchange it.. I wasn't looking for my measly $12. back, I just wanted a prop adapter that worked like they had promised.

No dice. The guy told me to sell it online and if I wanted the correct one that they now have it in stock and I can purchase it if I want to!!!!

What kind of horse crap is that?!! I guess I learned a couple lessons:

1 - Inspect everything when I open the package instead of trusting an employee's word on it.
2 - Don't ever order from Esprit Model again.

It sucks that they lost a customer over their own greed and selfishness. Instead of helping me out and admitting their mistake, and gaining me as a customer - they have put a very bad taste in my mouth and I will be sharing my experience with anyone who wants to listen.

Take it or leave it!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2014, 05:47 AM
Thread OP
Anyone else have any stories about Esprit?
Apr 28, 2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah...I ordered a spinner last night and they already shipped it out

imgumby
Apr 28, 2014, 05:44 PM
Baboon McGoon
Used to have great experiences with Esprit until I ordered a Reichard Club Libelle sailplane from last year. Spent over $1000 including shipping and it arrived with a damaged canopy that was obviously pulled improperly from the factory. Instead of getting an apology, the customer service guy told me that he had packed my order personally and that the canopy was in perfect shape when it was shipped (essentially calling me a liar). After much harangue and snotty replies to my inquiries, I finally got my replacement canopy 3 months later after I filed a protest with my credit card company. Haven't ordered anything from them since and probably never will again. Not a good way to treat your customers if you want repeat business.
Apr 28, 2014, 08:25 PM

esprit

I ordered a sailplane..he gave me a price ..but it was back ordered..so when it came in he gave me a new price $100 higher...NO MORE ZEE-BEE FOR ME
May 01, 2014, 06:10 AM
Thread OP
Hahhaaa... These guys are real pieces of work, huh?! How do they stay in business with such poor customer service?!

A friend of mine ordered something from them that was supposed to get free shipping. They charged shipping anyways. When he called them on it, they said they would give him store credit for the $9.50 in shipping and that they don't give refunds!!! He told them to keep it and said he'd never order from them again.

What good is a $9.50 credit if that's the shipping cost? So you have to buy again to get free shipping?!! Shady sketchy bass turds.
May 01, 2014, 06:22 AM
As The Hangar Grows
Guess I should stay away from more expensive items. I ordered a few transmitter sticks, they shipped very quickly and arrived in good condition.
May 08, 2014, 11:25 PM
I have had multiple orders with them, and Never a problem, and also shipped very quickly. I will order from them anytime,,
May 30, 2014, 11:21 AM
I have been ordering from them for years and never a problem, I even had to return a non working servo last December and they emailed me a shipping label for it.
May 30, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
Well they wouldn't be in business if EVERYONE had bad experiences with them. I'm just sharing my experience and thoughts about them and their bad customer service. People have had good experience with nitroplanes too. Haha

I will never order from them again, and I will always share my thougts about them whenever their name is mentioned. I know for a fact that they lost business because of what they did so I'd love to ask them if it was worth it!! They could have owned up to their mistake and kept me (and who knows how many others) as a customer but they didn't.
Jul 05, 2014, 11:22 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Nothing but awesome product, support and service from Esprit.
Jul 10, 2014, 04:30 PM
As a customer for the last 5 years, I have never had an issue with Esprit. I have ordered everything from props and spinners to full house gliders to control horns. Orders are shipped quickly and products have always been exactly what I expected. Sorry to hear others' negative experiences but mine have always been very positive.
Oct 17, 2014, 08:52 AM
My only complaint so far is the MVVS motor I ordered with the Albatros didn't come with mounting screws. Not a biggie - just curiously odd. Anyway, so far so good. Excellent quality on the plane - wow!
Jan 01, 2015, 08:20 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
I have ordered from them many times. Quality products, super fast shipping, and have even shipped free with a "thank you for your military service" note.

You might have gotten bit, but I reccomend them as a quality company
Jan 26, 2015, 03:47 PM

Esprit

You know what there is an old adage

"One man's meat is another man's poison"

I had a bad experience a couple of months ago with a personal purchase. When I complained I was shouted down big time. At least when you deal with a company you have recourse if required.

Quick Reply