Jan 30, 2017, 10:35 AM
My skyrc gps has updated ,but reading 28mph peak on a quad that goes at least. 70mph.
Weird thing is in the car it works fine/)).
Anyone know what i can do?
Seems to ne about 30mph off
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2017, 01:32 PM
I needed to install the CP210x UART port drivers on windows 10, 64bit

the ones supplied in the skyrc software would not install.

you can find them here https://www.silabs.com/products/deve...ge-vcp-drivers
Nov 17, 2017, 06:41 PM
Mine workwd great on anything but a quad but thinking the tilt and great instant g force of the quad was messing mine up on top of being right next to an airport
Dec 08, 2017, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=JohnDoe;38649560]I needed to install the CP210x UART port drivers on windows 10, 64bit

the ones supplied in the skyrc software would not install.

you can find them here https://www.silabs.com/products/deve...ge-vcp-drivers[/QUOTE

Mine wont install either! How do you install the one from silabs?
Dec 08, 2017, 11:01 AM
Got it installed. All seems to be working except for the script error when opening the app.
Dec 08, 2017, 11:38 AM
Jetdrives R Us
Does anyone know how to fix that script error thing? I've loaded the new driver but still can't get it past the error so it will load Google maps, etc.
Dec 08, 2017, 12:00 PM
I get the same error when I open the program but when i click on an entry in the right panel the map loads and shows the flight track.

Does anybody know how to delete a track entry in the right panel?
Dec 08, 2017, 01:57 PM
Jetdrives R Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfcgt
I get the same error when I open the program but when i click on an entry in the right panel the map loads and shows the flight track.
When I click on an entry I just get that same error. It may be because I don't use Internet Explorer as my browser. I use Firefox.

It's a shame, I was hoping the new drivers would fix it. I do have a workaround I have been using - I can go to GPS Visualizer and load my 'gpl file to view it. But it would sure be nice if this would work right.
Last edited by sundogz; Dec 08, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
Dec 08, 2017, 04:30 PM
I use firefox/sandboxie too, but i keep IE11 as default browser. The logger software works ok for me. There is the script error but that's for the initial loading of the world map (I think).
Last edited by rfcgt; Dec 08, 2017 at 04:36 PM.
Dec 12, 2017, 12:47 PM
I heard from SkyRC (through Amazon). There is no way to delete individual tracks. I guess the old ones are deleted when the memory is full and new ones are added.

Has any one been able to copy the files into Google Earth and get the tracks to show? I'm able to save as a .KML file and open in GE but the data points aren't connected (plotting the flight path).
Dec 13, 2017, 03:17 AM
Rc Runner
is not there a way to let speed read the dashware? I can not understand how to do it! It only identifies the path but does not detect the speed
Dec 14, 2017, 04:48 PM
Such great hardware and sucky software. Had no trouble working with Win XP or 7 but Win10 is a no go. If someone could write decent software I(and I think most of us) would be willing to pony up a reasonable amount for good software. This is becoming typical with Eastern(read Chinese) hardware that does what it is intended to do but the included software falls so far short of what it could be it makes one wonder why bother, except for the promotional value. No, this isn't the first time I have run into similar situations. Getting jaded, well, maybe somewhat. Come on guys, you can design and build some spectacular hardware, get the software side to catch up! Venting over, thanks for listening.
Dec 22, 2017, 04:56 PM
Anyone actually get reliable fast quadcopter speeds with one of these?
Mine would read speed while driving dead on but after trying repeatedly to do quad high speed runs and getting speed of 27 mph and 17 mph as I was blkwing past cars that were on the next to me going 70mph I gave up on it and got a velocity GPS logger v3 but that has a broken screen now though logged speed and tracks on Google earth as well as height and vertical speed and could be logged to show misreading and to confirm top speed was real but no so cheap at 140 bucks and 2 plus weeks from the netherlands I believe.
Of course screen is non replacable as the main chip is the back of the screen and the makers said they attempted twice without success.
So anyway was gonna try a speed gun as I've seen several 90$ guns with actual back to back readings even while 4 mph under speed it was consistent and adding 4 mph to a 100mph isnt that hard to figure out what speed actually was.
Now thinking if someone has a source tjat works right I migjt give it a try.
Also thinking about trying a 40$ ground posted baseball speed reader or tennis ball or whatever amd see what it could do though not sure about how I like doing 120 mph+ several feet off the ground.
Mar 17, 2018, 11:08 PM

Uart failed fix

https://www.silabs.com/products/deve...ge-vcp-drivers

This download fixes the "uart failed" issue
Mar 21, 2018, 09:29 PM
rrg
rrg
My computer is putting up all kinds of red flags about this download^^^^^^

Quick Reply