Dec 08, 2013, 08:42 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Hi Tom,
I tested the Innovv in these 720p/60fps conditions and I was recording at the same time also with the Mobius. There wasn't any duplicate frame or missing frame. Unfortunately I deleted the videos by mistake. For sure I will make another video today and I will post the results.

Here is a day comparison with Mobius which was recorded in a car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuCejgvdgrk

In my opinion the colors of Innovv are correct. As a dashcam user I like more the Mobius colors especially during night but maybe the AP users will like more the Innovv colors. But you already know, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I will upload also a comparison which is including nature and sky, which is expected by our forum users.

The Innovv GUI have an option for HDR for day usage which I think is good for AP users when camera have the sun in front of it. For dashcam usage this option is not good because it is making darker some areas, but I hope to help AP users to obtain better images.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks for the side-by-side clips. I'd also say the INNOVV looks better in these overcast sky scenes. The Mobius has yet to optimize the exposure in low light conditions like this. I think once that is corrected, the two will look very similar, depending on which Mobius lens and setting is used.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2013, 02:37 AM
See it, Touch it, Like it™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Thanks for the side-by-side clips. I'd also say the INNOVV looks better in these overcast sky scenes. The Mobius has yet to optimize the exposure in low light conditions like this. I think once that is corrected, the two will look very similar, depending on which Mobius lens and setting is used.
Thanks, Tom, Mtz.

As the developer I should admit that competition is amazing, it is driving both INNOVV and Mobius are working hard for improving and upgrading.

People are happy to see that.
Dec 09, 2013, 10:34 AM
Just received below message from people after tested his C1, share with the group, people may have more ideas on the interference to GPS-signal.

The information about the innovv ... I searched in the web for a cam that causes no interference to gps-signal with my rc-quadcopter Blade 350 QX.
In the first test there is no problem with GPS
Dec 09, 2013, 11:47 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockThinking
Just received below message from people after tested his C1, share with the group, people may have more ideas on the interference to GPS-signal.

The information about the innovv ... I searched in the web for a cam that causes no interference to gps-signal with my rc-quadcopter Blade 350 QX.
In the first test there is no problem with GPS
The all metal case surrounding the circuit board undoubtedly will help block most of the RF radiation... even more so perhaps if there are screws holding the circuit board to the case with a screw head contacting the circuit board ground plane.
Dec 09, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Thread OP
Here is a comparison test between Innovv and Mobius, both of them using their latest firmwares.
Innovv C1 vs. Mobius - Day comparison test 1 (1 min 16 sec)

I expect the image quality to be improved for both cameras. Mobius regarding natural colors and Innovv to be better against direct sunlight.
Original screenshots for better details are here.

enjoy,
Mtz
Dec 10, 2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Here is a comparison test between Innovv and Mobius, both of them using their latest firmwares.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZy5nVowl4

I expect the image quality to be improved for both cameras. Mobius regarding natural colors and Innovv to be better against direct sunlight.
Original screenshots for better details are here.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks for the comparison, and has passed the video and photos to guys for working on. The photos show the clear difference.

PS. The clear, blue sky and fresh air in the photo is luxury demand in China, the haze is fulfill in the air across the country, the photo taken is hard to be such nice and clear in the city.
Last edited by RockThinking; Dec 10, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:35 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Both has the same FOV.
The downloadable 720p-60 fps raw clips will be uploaded to the spec sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Hi Tom,
I tested the Innovv in these 720p/60fps conditions and I was recording at the same time also with the Mobius. There wasn't any duplicate frame or missing frame. Unfortunately I deleted the videos by mistake. For sure I will make another video today and I will post the results.
Mtz
Where can I find the original 720p 60fps raw clips? It will be great if it has same wide FOV and with no duplicated or missing frames.

By the way, does Innovv do 720p 30fps as well?

Thank you.
Last edited by lightsogood; Dec 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsogood
Where can I find the original 720p 60fps raw clips? It will be great if it has same wide FOV and with no duplicated or missing frames.

By the way, does Innovv do 720p 30fps as well?

Thank you.
Innovv has no 720p 30fps.
We are waiting for a bit better clear sky to take 720p 60fps videos.

Quote:
PS. The clear, blue sky and fresh air in the photo is luxury demand in China, the haze is fulfill in the air across the country, the photo taken is hard to be such nice and clear in the city.
Dec 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
RTFLMAO

Received mine today. Feels and looks quite nice I must say.

Only had some time now after dark to play with it. I first installed the 20131206 FW26 and thereafter also used the GUI to create a modified settings config file. Everything seemed to have gone just fine, removed the time stamp, disabled the power on start recording and all of that gd stuff.

Now. The first thing I noticed was that the footage came out so yellow/orangy, what's going on here? There's also quite a lot of grain/noise. That's fine, because it's around midnight here and indoors and it's more of a defining grain than digital blockiness and gives a kind of sharpness to the image. But the colorcast/balance seems just way off. I put it in night mode and saturation low as well, helped perhaps a little, not sure.

Anyways. Hopefully I can manage to get in some outdoor daylight playing with it outside tomorrow, the way you would want to be using it anyways and see how it acts in those conditions.

- Oh. Question for the manufacturer: why use the special rather rare USB-port and not a standard either micro- or mini-USB?
Dec 13, 2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII

Received mine today. Feels and looks quite nice I must say.

Only had some time now after dark to play with it. I first installed the 20131206 FW26 and thereafter also used the GUI to create a modified settings config file. Everything seemed to have gone just fine, removed the time stamp, disabled the power on start recording and all of that gd stuff.

Now. The first thing I noticed was that the footage came out so yellow/orangy, what's going on here? There's also quite a lot of grain/noise. That's fine, because it's around midnight here and indoors and it's more of a defining grain than digital blockiness and gives a kind of sharpness to the image. But the colorcast/balance seems just way off. I put it in night mode and saturation low as well, helped perhaps a little, not sure.

Anyways. Hopefully I can manage to get in some outdoor daylight playing with it outside tomorrow, the way you would want to be using it anyways and see how it acts in those conditions.

- Oh. Question for the manufacturer: why use the special rather rare USB-port and not a standard either micro- or mini-USB?
Be happy to see you got the camera
You are lucky after long time on the way.
Other people keep asking me where is my camera.

We are expecting your more postings and raw clips for footage and video quality review.

The New FW and GUI is keeping upgrading, the next version suppose to be released next week. I will post here.

Regarding the famous Mini rare USB-port, to convenient people, the guys made the AV cable to play video with audio in playback mode so have the special port, they supposed it was smart idea, but it is not indeed. It is the lesson for development.
Dec 13, 2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Regarding the famous Mini rare USB-port, to convenient people, the guys made the AV cable to play video with audio in playback mode so have the special port, they supposed it was smart idea, but it is not indeed. It is the lesson for development.
It's too bad you are quite new to the development team, otherwise you could have prevented this blunder ages ago. People complained about it as soon as the #18 appeared on the market but the developer didn't care that people complained.
Anyway, it's good to hear that you admit it was a bad idea, and thank you for your honesty .
Dec 13, 2013, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII

Now. The first thing I noticed was that the footage came out so yellow/orangy, what's going on here? There's also quite a lot of grain/noise. That's fine, because it's around midnight here and indoors and it's more of a defining grain than digital blockiness and gives a kind of sharpness to the image. But the colorcast/balance seems just way off. I put it in night mode and saturation low as well, helped perhaps a little, not sure
Perhaps the artificial lighting is affecting your results? Does the C1 have a 50 Hz / 60 Hz setting option? As you're in Austria, the setting should be 50 Hz.

The Mobius didn't initially have this option, but now does, thanks to firmware upgrades.
Dec 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
Have a look on GUI, you can see the setting is there.
Dec 13, 2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
It's too bad you are quite new to the development team, otherwise you could have prevented this blunder ages ago. People complained about it as soon as the #18 appeared on the market but the developer didn't care that people complained.
Anyway, it's good to hear that you admit it was a bad idea, and thank you for your honesty .
Thank you for saying I am honest!
I don't want to hide something,
I and Innovv want to make the change, and gain people's trust,
It is not easy, but with full passion to do.
Dec 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
RTFLMAO

Teaser and 4 actual test shots

Ok, so I've been outside gathering some testshots. As far as the gear goes:
It's the regular Innovv C1 and I'm using a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB class 10 UHS-I along with it.
Mounted it on my miniisw retractable monopodthingamajig to get some angles and stabilization going on.
Here's the configuration I used:

Still working out some of the videofootage I shot on my way to and around the lovely Belvedere .
Little sidenote, I left at around 15:30 to be back an hour later. In meanwhile the minutes of daylight were ticking away fast.
But for the time, here are some 3MP still images directly offa the Innovv C1 shot in photo mode:

One thing for the developper: the configuration GUI... is there anyway you can make it so it loads the previous stored configuration? Now if you want to change just one aspect of the configuration you like, you have to change all parameters from default setting to your prefered settings. Would be a lot easier if it remembered what I liked and then I can quickly adjust for example the saturation for example.

Anyways, I'll check whatever I have videowise and see if it's any good, then maybe join a few clips and upload it tomorrow or so.

Oh. Another question for the developper.
Are you thinking of making like a 15m or so waterproof housing for it? That would be something nice to have perhaps.
Last edited by ASCII; Dec 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply