Dec 05, 2013, 01:13 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Thread OP
Discussion

Official support thread for Innovv C1 ActionCam

See it, Touch it, Like it™

The Innovv Action Cam is the latest product from the 808 #18 team and is made in few different colors for the aluminum case.
www.innovv.com

The Innovv C1 is ready for sale on their website for $69. For sure will be available in UK and USA online stores (I will update this information).

Dimensions: 62x39x18(mm)
Weight: 45gr.

Innovv C1 Action Camera. Pictures (1 min 5 sec)

The pictures from above video are here.

You can see the technical specifications in the attached picture at the bottom of this post, but I want to tell you about some new things available for this camera:
- more buttons for easy setup different modes which means the needing of a GUI is not important anymore for the basic functions
- LED light. Is good for recording in complete dark at a small distance as you can see in this funny video.
- Auto video flip: no matter how you will start the camera like the normal or upside position (at 180 degrees only), the image will be always in the correct position, never upside-down. This position is obtained at the start of the camera, so if you will fly with the C1 and make some loops with your flying toy, the image will rotate as your airplane will rotate. This means the auto-rotation is not available after video recording will start
- G-Sensor. I don't know how good is this for AP, but if camera is shocked, that video will be marked as read only and not deleted by the loop feature. The G-Sensor shock saving mode is available only for the loop mode.

The camera already have some firmware update which is improving its functions and add more light for low light conditions.

The GUI is at the beginning and is offering for now just some basic settings.

I will update this post when I will have more information.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Dec 06, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2013, 03:19 AM
Registered Addict
Interesting, anyone know of a side-by-side video of this and Mobius?
Dec 06, 2013, 05:32 AM
Camera Reseller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern
Interesting, anyone know of a side-by-side video of this and Mobius?
Hi,
I put a comparisson video comparing the Innovv, Mobius Wide and Standard lenses. It is acting as a dash camera though but should give you an idea. Please change the YouTube setting to it's highest HD 1080.

Mobius Wide & Standard Lens vs Innovv C1. (4 min 53 sec)

Kind regards,
Dec 06, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Thread OP
That video comparison is already outdated, both cameras have new firmwares with better performances.

Here is a video which is comparing the Innovv and Mobius appearance:

Innovv vs. Mobius comparison. External pictures (0 min 50 sec)

Pictures from this video are here.

Here is a video about their internal parts:

Innovv vs. Mobius comparison. Internal pictures (0 min 25 sec)

My intention was to offer details and information about Innovv C1 and not to open a thread to compare a camera with another or to ask if this camera is the killer of another camera.
But if users want to ask for comparisons with popular mini cameras from this forum they can ask and I will offer the answer if I have both cameras, no problem.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Dec 06, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
Dec 06, 2013, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
That video comparison is already outdated, both cameras have new firmwares with better performances.

Here is a video which is comparing the Innovv and Mobius appearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr1-nvaySVQ

Here is a video about their internal parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5N-8pHDpzc

My intention was to offer details and information about Innovv C1 and not to open a thread to compare a camera with another or to ask if this camera is the killer of another camera.
But if users want to ask for comparisons with popular mini cameras from this forum they can ask and I will offer the answer if I have both cameras, no problem.

enjoy,
Mtz
Interesting. Your video and photos are comparing this Innovv C1 with Mobius. Why not sharing some side by side original footage from these 2 cameras? You know, when choosing a camera, only image quality / reliability counts.

Judging by your comparing photos, it seems Mobius chooses a much bigger and heavier lens, but Innovv C1 uses a smaller plastic lens, which looks inferior to the one used in Mobius. I would suggest they change a better lens If it's going to compete with Mobius.

We know plastic lens will suffer from heat. Did you do any continuous full HD recording? Let it run hours, days? It will help people to decide if it's your intention.

Thank you!
Dec 06, 2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
Are you sure there's new firmware?
I downloaded the supposedly new firmware file.
The file is dated the 6th December 2013, but the file date can easily be changed so is pretty meaningless. If you examine the contents of the file using a hex editor you'll find the most recent human readable date is the 4th October 2013.

If the developer is monitoring this thread, then may I suggest using a proper versioning of the firmware. At the minimum, there should be a compile date in text format embedded in the firmware. This makes it much easier to identify the firmware and is good programming practice. There is a reference to FW26.bin but this most likely has nothing to do with the firmware version.

Just a minor point, but it would make it much easier to properly identify the firmware.

Is the lens detachable? Does it have a metal body?
Dec 06, 2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
Are you sure there's new firmware?
I downloaded the supposedly new firmware file.
The file is dated the 6th December 2013, but the file date can easily be changed so is pretty meaningless. If you examine the contents of the file using a hex editor you'll find the most recent human readable date is the 4th October 2013.

If the developer is monitoring this thread, then may I suggest using a proper versioning of the firmware. At the minimum, there should be a compile date in text format embedded in the firmware. This makes it much easier to identify the firmware and is good programming practice. There is a reference to FW26.bin but this most likely has nothing to do with the firmware version.

Just a minor point, but it would make it much easier to properly identify the firmware.

Is the lens detachable? Does it have a metal body?
As the developer of Innovv, It is my first post for communicating with people,
For people's best understanding of my stands, I have the blog on the website- To RC People
I believe by time being, I can gain trust from people for my passion on the development.

To Isoprop,
I am happy to see you are following up Innovv closing, the last FW and GUI just be uploaded in one hour.
http://www.innovv.com/#!specification/ccn9

I believe you have seen the updating list as below.

As I mentioned in the other forum,
I admire Mobius who has your support, and all of your criticisms to Innovv are welcome and respected, I believe that will drive Innovv to be even better.

Thank you!
RockThinking
Dec 07, 2013, 11:04 AM
A real looking of the sliver C1 is simple and elegant, my poor photography skill limits that presentation in the photo.
Dec 07, 2013, 11:08 AM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockThinking
A real looking of the sliver C1 is simple and elegant, my poor photography skill limits that presentation in the photo.
That's a nice case! I like the anodized blue, but red or Orange would be a good color for locating a camera dropped in long grass. Yes, it happens!
Dec 07, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
That's a nice case! I like the anodized blue, but red or Orange would be a good color for locating a camera dropped in long grass. Yes, it happens!
It is not red or orange color, the golden color
The color was selected from this car, looks luxury!
I need 4 colors, 3 has been selected, I missed the 4th color till I saw this car in my hotel.
I did not have idea of you need to find it in long grass at that moment.
Dec 07, 2013, 02:06 PM

temperatures

Stupid question:

Since the metallic casing cares for a better cooling, will the cam have problems in cold conditions, eg like -10 degrees??

In the specs there was a notice, that operational temperatures will be from 0 to 65 deg Celsius, which seems good for dash-cam use, but not for flying in cool temeratpures. If you consider a chill-effect of -10 degrees during flight, the limit of the cam would be reached at moderate 10deg Celsius!

Will wrapping in some insulating material help?

Another question: can you explain, why on the Joovoo-comparison video, the image of the C1 is so dark? Did they just use a wrong exposure-setting, which - as I understand right - can be set in the GUI.

A.
Dec 07, 2013, 02:08 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
It is not red or orange color, the golden color
The color was selected from this car, looks luxury!
I need 4 colors, 3 has been selected, I missed the 4th color till I saw this car in my hotel.
I did not have idea of you need to find it in long grass at that moment.
Same reason "black boxes" are orange, not black.

Anyway, nice job with the cases!
Dec 08, 2013, 05:34 AM
Code:
Stupid question:

Since the metallic casing cares for a better cooling, will the cam have problems in cold conditions, eg like -10 degrees??

In the specs there was a notice, that operational temperatures will be from 0 to 65 deg Celsius, which seems good for dash-cam use, but not for flying in cool temeratpures. If you consider a chill-effect of -10 degrees during flight, the limit of the cam would be reached at moderate 10deg Celsius!

Another question: can you explain, why on the Joovoo-comparison video, the image of the C1 is so dark? Did they just use a wrong exposure-setting, which - as I understand right - can be set in the GUI.
No question is stupid, Asking always helps improvement especial for product development.

You can see the attached photo, we have the high and low temperature chamber and had tested the C1 for -20~65 for 4 cycles till the full charged battery run off. the camera and its lens work well after testing.

Regarding the comparison from JooVuu, it was big surprise for us. you can download the raw videos from website, to see how the video quality is, We have contacted him, he agrees to re-test.

However, Today I am doing full day time testing and will go for low light testing tonight, these videos will be uploaded to Youtube, so people can see.
Dec 08, 2013, 09:17 AM
Camera Reseller.
Quote:
Code:
Stupid question:

No question is stupid, Asking always helps improvement especial for product development.

You can see the attached photo, we have the high and low temperature chamber and had tested the C1 for -20~65 for 4 cycles till the full charged battery run off. the camera and its lens work well after testing.

Regarding the comparison from JooVuu, it was big surprise for us. you can download the raw videos from website, to see how the video quality is, We have contacted him, he agrees to re-test.

However, Today I am doing full day time testing and will go for low light testing tonight, these videos will be uploaded to Youtube, so people can see.
Hi Rock,
As I said in a PM we literally did nothing to the Innovv. We received it and literally straight from the box went filming. The Mobius had the latest firmware as of 4th Dec which was 0.59 with the Mobius. I have no idea what version was for the Innovv just what we were shipped.

We will be doing a new comparison between the Mobius and Innovv with the Innovvs latest FW tonight and we will post it once finished.

We believe testing the cameras in harsh lighting conditions is the best form of testing as it shows the differences between cameras. We have no preference in camera. We do not support one camera over another camera. We sell both cameras, and publicize them both equally. We just provide comparisons that the customers would like.

Kind regards,
Dec 08, 2013, 11:03 AM
Just thumbing through...
[QUOTE=RockThinking;26842422However, Today I am doing full day time testing and will go for low light testing tonight, these videos will be uploaded to Youtube, so people can see.[/QUOTE]

The videos on your website look very good, if they are typical of cameras shipping currently. I downloaded and did a quick check.

A lot of people seem to want low light performance, but for AV, well at least for me, dynamic range is required so that cloud shadows are not severely underexposed on bright days.

Need some AV videos!

Quick Reply