DJI Phantom 2 ***Owners Thread*** - Page 5 - RC Groups
Dec 06, 2013, 08:03 PM
floyd
Would someone let me know what else I will need to be completely ready Toro some FPV video and photography (using my Gopro HERO3 black)
Thx

http://www.dronefly.com/shoppingcart.asp
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2013, 08:20 PM
That cart link is to the cart on my iPhone, not your cart...
Dec 06, 2013, 08:51 PM
floyd
Ok, it is the P2 & H3-2D combo, 5.8 wireless video tx &rx & the 5" 5.8ghz monitor
Dec 06, 2013, 09:26 PM
Middle Aged Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxrc
Ok, it is the P2 & H3-2D combo, 5.8 wireless video tx &rx & the 5" 5.8ghz monitor
You will need a battery to power the receiver.

For $69 you can get the IOSD mini for on screen display, I'm getting it manly to show the battery percentage left during flight.
Dec 06, 2013, 09:42 PM
floyd
Thanx
Dec 06, 2013, 10:23 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
i agree with the iOSD mini.
Latest blog entry: DJI Goggles RE x OcuSync videos
Dec 06, 2013, 11:10 PM
Hey guys. I am a complete noob in the quad field. I have a GoPro 3+ Black and I am looking for something to carry it around. I think I will go with the P2 and gimbal. Correct me if I am wrong, but with the GP3+ Black and the app for my phone, would this not work for FPV?
Dec 07, 2013, 12:15 AM
The Ground is the Limit
The P2 (non vision) will most likely be 2.4 radio system and the wifi on GP3 will interfere with 2.4 radio. Also standard wifi from Hero3 is not boosted enough for usable range unless you are like in a room. The Vision is 5.8 for radio controll and leaving the 2.4wifi free for video data and they use a repeater to boost the wifi signal for the range. Wifi also has latency and lag. Maybe the new Wifi chip on the Hero3+ is fast enough, but it will still interfere with the 2.4 radio, unless they use 5.8 on the P2 non vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrcpilot
Hey guys. I am a complete noob in the quad field. I have a GoPro 3+ Black and I am looking for something to carry it around. I think I will go with the P2 and gimbal. Correct me if I am wrong, but with the GP3+ Black and the app for my phone, would this not work for FPV?
Dec 07, 2013, 12:27 AM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrcpilot
You will need a video down link and a monitor to make it work. The app will only work on the Vision,
Latest blog entry: DJI Goggles RE x OcuSync videos
Dec 07, 2013, 06:48 AM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
You will need a video down link and a monitor to make it work. The app will only work on the Vision,
Ed, do you think it's best to go with Analog video for FPV (old fashion way with Goggle) or go WiFi Digital like the Vision. Again the purpose of seeing the video is only for FPV while the GP is recording HD on the P2.
Dec 07, 2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantz
Tony do you have any info on this pre-release to help clear up what the P2 comes with?

So i'm order FPV stuff to put in the P2, already have a GoPro 3+ Black

IOSD Mini

Need some advice on my choices, leaning towards the Boscam 5.8g 600mw 32CH FPV Wirless AV Tx & Rx Set TS832 and RC832

Putting the ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized spiroNet Antenna on it.

Not sure what monitor to get? maybe this one? Fieldview 888 TFT LCD 8" HD FPV Monitor with Backlight

And a battery for the receiver. Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack

Any suggestions or opinions are welcome.
The Immersion RC Spironet antennas will not work directly with the Boscam stuff. For some reason Fat Shark and Boscam have things reversed. The Boscam has a reverse pin SMA connector and the Immersion RC has a Forward pin. Either get the mating Spironet antenna for the Boscam or will need an adapter for the antenna.

Also, Although the power and video connectors are the same for Boscam and Fat Shark, they are reverse polarity. If you plug a Boscam transmitter into an Immersion RC cable it will short out the battery and burn up the cable.

Don't know why these two companies can not get together. Bottom line don't try to mix Boscam and Immersion RC stuff to together. They will not work for a variety of reasons including different frequencies.

Both systems work well if you do not try to mix the parts.

Jim K.
Dec 07, 2013, 09:40 AM
Middle Aged Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcking
The Immersion RC Spironet antennas will not work directly with the Boscam stuff. For some reason Fat Shark and Boscam have things reversed. The Boscam has a reverse pin SMA connector and the Immersion RC has a Forward pin. Either get the mating Spironet antenna for the Boscam or will need an adapter for the antenna.

Also, Although the power and video connectors are the same for Boscam and Fat Shark, they are reverse polarity. If you plug a Boscam transmitter into an Immersion RC cable it will short out the battery and burn up the cable.

Don't know why these two companies can not get together. Bottom line don't try to mix Boscam and Immersion RC stuff to together. They will not work for a variety of reasons including different frequencies.

Both systems work well if you do not try to mix the parts.

Jim K.
Thanks Jim! really glad I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
The P2 (non vision) will most likely be 2.4 radio system and the wifi on GP3 will interfere with 2.4 radio. Also standard wifi from Hero3 is not boosted enough for usable range unless you are like in a room. The Vision is 5.8 for radio controll and leaving the 2.4wifi free for video data and they use a repeater to boost the wifi signal for the range. Wifi also has latency and lag. Maybe the new Wifi chip on the Hero3+ is fast enough, but it will still interfere with the 2.4 radio, unless they use 5.8 on the P2 non vision.
I would think DJI will include the new radio they just released this week with the P2

DT7 & DR16 RC system which is 2.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHu2OOc5ze8
Last edited by Lantz; Dec 07, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Dec 07, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantz
Thanks Jim! really glad I asked.

I would think DJI will include the new radio they just released this week with the P2

DT7 & DR16 RC system which is 2.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHu2OOc5ze8
Is this a longer range RX/TX combo?
Dec 07, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2BDV
Does it come with the wifi repeater? Also can u control camera tilt on the I phone?
Lol, not at all! The Phantom II uses 2.4GHZ remote, it has nothing to do with the vision, i wouldnt buy it with the vision remote. The Phantom II uses the remote of the Phantom 1.1.1 and you have to buy a 5.8GHZ FPV Set, solder the wires to the internal AUDIO/Video out cables and the internal power out cables, its simple. Phantom II ist just like the Phantom 1.1.1 with larger batterie, Can Bus support onboard (mini iOSD etc.) Zenmuse connectors onboard. In my mind much better then the Vision if its equipped with Mini iOSD, FPV and Zenmuse

Quote:
Ed, do you think it's best to go with Analog video for FPV (old fashion way with Goggle) or go WiFi Digital like the Vision. Again the purpose of seeing the video is only for FPV while the GP is recording HD on the P2.
Wifi Digital FPV is garbage, the range is poor and there is a latency, you cant use wifi for real fpv, this is only to control your shots, no fun at all.
Dec 07, 2013, 11:56 AM
The Ground is the Limit
I would not say garbage! You will get clearer image and no LCD screen can match the ipad outdoors!!! It's not for real time fpv, but for framing shots, it is useful and for people to fly line of sight with a taster of fpv and cool gadgetry feel on interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daninho
Lol, not at all! The Phantom II uses 2.4GHZ remote, it has nothing to do with the vision, i wouldnt buy it with the vision remote. The Phantom II uses the remote of the Phantom 1.1.1 and you have to buy a 5.8GHZ FPV Set, solder the wires to the internal AUDIO/Video out cables and the internal power out cables, its simple. Phantom II ist just like the Phantom 1.1.1 with larger batterie, Can Bus support onboard (mini iOSD etc.) Zenmuse connectors onboard. In my mind much better then the Vision if its equipped with Mini iOSD, FPV and Zenmuse

Wifi Digital FPV is garbage, the range is poor and there is a latency, you cant use wifi for real fpv, this is only to control your shots, no fun at all.

Quick Reply