Dec 20, 2013, 09:40 AM
For the sake of experimentation I pulled the DJI Ground Station system off my 550 and temporarily installed it on my P2. I plugged it directly into the can bus hub. The base station and air end do not communicate. I know they said January 2014 but I figured it was worth a try. Too bad as I had a kick arse mission planned.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan
Yes, you can edit video on a PC. Wide range of very good software. Also a lot cheaper, as the companies don't have to increase the price trying to recoup the costs of only selling to the 20 people who use a Mac.

Well, you did ask. Good luck with your P2.

But I love my iPhone and iPad.
I also use a Mac lol ..
Dec 20, 2013, 10:48 AM
Update on my Phantom 2.

Robert over at UAVProducts.com got down to business and got me a return authorization from DJI before the end of the day of my crash. So my Phantom was sent back yesterday and he should have more in stock next week to send back to me. Couldn't ask for better customer service from DJI and UAVProducts.com.

If you're looking for a Phantom then I highly recommend giving Robert your business!
Dec 20, 2013, 10:48 AM
18 people left. I use em too.

Let's debate on what is better, Coke or Pepsi?
(SARCASM)
Dec 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcking
Received the new Phantom 2 from DroneFly last evening. Have been very excited to fly it. First time I started the motors, the left rear (black dot CCW thread) screeched, stuttered, vibrated, and froze. Motor turns freely by hand. I think it is the bearings but could be the windings.

Contacted DroneFly to get a replacement motor. Hope it can be quick. Was planning to video the Christmas festivities.

Looks like no Phantom 2 Flying for me for awhile.

Jim K.
I think I would have sent the P2 back and got a replacement. That should had offered as your first option..
Dec 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
Macon Aerial Photography
Quote:
Originally Posted by badstraw
I also use a Mac lol ..

Mac here too. I will have to admit that I have a PC laptop though. Comes in handy if you own DJI products.
Last edited by maconjames; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: additional information
Dec 20, 2013, 10:56 AM

DJI Phantom 2 ***Owners Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daninho
If you have a fatsahrk power filter yes, it needs the balancer plug from the lipo but you can just solder a balancer plug onto the power cable, simple as that i did that long time ago on my phantom 1.1.1 and now with the P2
Thanks ill try that when I receive my phantom..
Dec 20, 2013, 11:29 AM
This was straight out of the box. All flown in GPS mode.
Small amount of wind today and it was pretty cold. Stopped flying short of 15 mins. I think on a warmer day and a few cycles with the lipo flight time will increase.

I edited the vid so you see head cam footage and then cut into the gimbal footage.
DJI Phantom 2 + H32D gimbal gopro3 (6 min 41 sec)
Last edited by Paul@SCC; Dec 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC
Small amount of wind today and it was pretty cold. Stopped flying short of 15 mins. I think on a warmer day and a few cycles with the lipo flight time will increase.

I edited the vid so you see head cam footage and then cut into the gimbal footage.
https://vimeo.com/82386693
set to private
Dec 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:

Thanks for reminding me; my GoPro2 has been left in the drawer for quite some time now.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:

Great video man!
Dec 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
Thanks for reminding me; my GoPro2 has been left in the drawer for quite some time now.
It's always nice to see some off board footage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Great video man!
Cheers blade
Dec 20, 2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badstraw
I also use a Mac lol ..
Mac here too.. I do lave a PC laptop for hobby use.
Dec 20, 2013, 12:07 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:

Great video, I love the way your dancing with danger by flying in and out of the tree branches and limbs towards the end of the video. You've got the whole big giant open field and you're flying in the branches, looks like something I would do.

Dave
Dec 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
I love my Mac.... +1

Quick Reply