Dec 04, 2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
dont quote me on this but i suspect the new phantom2 will NOT support the existing H3-2d gimbal. i think there is a difference in the connections of the zenmuse supplied as part of the phantom 2 bundle.
Already started to convert my p2v. The h3-2d mount lines right up. Ribbon cable plugs right into the board..
Last edited by blade strike; Dec 04, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2013, 05:02 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
great news..dont forget some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Already started to convert my p2v. The h3-2d mount lines right up. Ribbon cable plugs right into the board..
Dec 04, 2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
great news..dont forget some pics
cool.. I will post them in my blog
Dec 04, 2013, 05:12 PM
Middle Aged Kid
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Dont forget to post your flight times for us since you will probably have your up in the air before we get ours!

Blade I used to live in Crestline, still miss the mountain
I remodeled the old Safeway store in BigBear into a Thrifty's Drug in 1991, I guess it's something else now.
Dec 04, 2013, 05:48 PM
so what would you add to make this an fpv set up like the vision.
Dec 04, 2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdnyfish
I just called Atlanta hobby and they said the coupon is only good for the Phantom Vision Not the Phantom 2
I think Atlanta Hobby needs to be shown the posting that is still live on DJI's blog regarding both the Vision and Phantom II credit.

Not sure if they just gave themselves an out by naming it Phantom II and not 2, but read this.

http://www.dji.com/a-special-promoti...n-the-phantom/
Dec 04, 2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_3_0_5
This is my question too. If one wanted to invest in the Phantom2 to get the gimbal and use a better camera, what else needs to be added to the list to make it FPV or something similar to the functionality of the vision?

I almost have pulled the trigger on the Vision, but am more photo-centric and want to make sure I put the money in the best place to grow with the platform…

Dec 04, 2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantz
Dont forget to post your flight times for us since you will probably have your up in the air before we get ours!

Blade I used to live in Crestline, still miss the mountain
I remodeled the old Safeway store in BigBear into a Thrifty's Drug in 1991, I guess it's something else now.
I will defiantly do that for you guys, I'm just waiting on my rx and it will be done.

Nice, Crestline is a beautiful place. The old Safeway building I believe is now a church.
Dec 04, 2013, 08:19 PM
Middle Aged Kid
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_3_0_5
Quote:
Originally Posted by akphotog
This is my question too. If one wanted to invest in the Phantom2 to get the gimbal and use a better camera, what else needs to be added to the list to make it FPV or something similar to the functionality of the vision?

I almost have pulled the trigger on the Vision, but am more photo-centric and want to make sure I put the money in the best place to grow with the platform…

I called Dronefly today and asked this question. It needs to have the 2.4G BLUETOOTH DATALINK but if you look at Atlanta Hobby's page it shows the P2 as having the capability already? here's the link. Atlantz Hobby
Dec 04, 2013, 08:23 PM
Don't quote me or anything but I think what they mean is the firmware will be compatible with the 2.4g data radio. Just like the regular NAZA.
Dec 04, 2013, 08:35 PM
Does it come with the wifi repeater? Also can u control camera tilt on the I phone?
Dec 04, 2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantz
I called Dronefly today and asked this question. It needs to have the 2.4G BLUETOOTH DATALINK but if you look at Atlanta Hobby's page it shows the P2 as having the capability already? here's the link. Atlantz Hobby
Well this is great news. If this is true than the lack of a camera is all that sets the PV2 from the P2 is the camera? Or am I missing something else?
Dec 04, 2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akphotog
Well this is great news. If this is true than the lack of a camera is all that sets the PV2 from the P2 is the camera? Or am I missing something else?
The key to the p2v is the camera. It's not just your camera but also the video downlink, there is also rumor that it houses the osd. (Can't verify this)This is why the p2 will require an iosd for telemetry data.
Dec 04, 2013, 10:25 PM
Middle Aged Kid
Thread OP
I heard that DJI will announce the P2 on the 9th, it is just rumor but I sure hope they let us know more about what we bought soon.
Dec 04, 2013, 10:25 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
The P2 is basically a Phantom with the Smart Battery & PV props. Thus, you get the extended flight times. You don't get the WiFi extender and iPhone/iPad/Android app. but, instead, you have 2.4 control which is much more distance and reliability than the PV. ... The P2 has built-in connectors for the Zenmuse gimbal and also AV ports for FPV. For basic FPV just add a transmitter and receiver and you're good to go. ... If you want ground station capability you can add the datalink with iPad support or just use a laptop. ... I converted my PV to carry a Zenmuse and added a Spektrum transmitter/receiver with a 200mw transmitter. Works like a champ and I get 15 minutes flight with 20% left on the battery. The P2 with gimbal should do much better (17 to 20 is my guess).

Quick Reply