This thread is privately moderated by ahub, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 30, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

polices like or dislike

Please leave a comment about my sales views and polices. I would like to get a feel of how you see these and how they can be improved.
thanks
Ahub
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2014, 07:18 PM
aka Scott
In my eyes, and having dealt with you as a buyer, you are spot on! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from you again, and I appreciate your policies and line of thinking!
Thanks again Al, it was a pure pleasure to transact business with you!
-Scott
May 19, 2014, 02:33 AM
Resistance is futile
Most of your policies and rules are what I call "common sense" and "common courtesy". These should be the norm for everyone. The sad reality is that it isn't.
Some people have a very different idea of what they consider to be fair and just.
These people will always be a thorn in the side of all the decent people.

To clarify, I also feel some of your policies appear to be too inflexible. Just as YOU point out about having a life outside the hobby, others have needs and requirements that also must be met. Having policies that are too rigid sets yourself up for disagreements and misunderstanding. Open, honest communication is what is required to avoid problems.
A good example of what I mean is your rule about a seller selling an item to someone else after accepting your offer. There are times that a seller needs the money right away and a quick cash offer will trump your deal if you are delayed in payment. Just because someone accepts your offer, they are NOT required to "HOLD" the item or remove it from the market until payment is received.
Although it seems to be "underhanded and unfair," the truth is that a sale has not occurred. The seller has every legal right and justification to sell to the first person to make payment.
There are exceptions to every rule, however. Should you want / expect the seller to hold the item for you until payment is completed, that needs to be arranged at the time of the offer acceptance. Without a " hold fee " or an oral or written agreement, the seller must consider that by accepting your offer he / she is only agreeing to accept the price you propose. Making an offer is not a commitment to purchase.
These are the "gray areas " that require flexibility and communication between both parties. If the seller agrees to your offer it is imperative that you reply immediately with payment arrangements to seal the deal. Until that final step is done, the seller is free to sell the item to anyone else.

The bottom line is communication, honesty, and timely responses.
The flip side of the coin is that a seller should also be flexible and well communicated. When a seller accepts an offer, he / she should also ask for payment and outline his / her expectations for the payment. When a buyer makes an offer, it is clear they have a genuine interest in the item. How much interest is unclear without further communication. The seller needs to learn the intention by asking questions and letting the potential buyer know that the item will go to the first payment received. This practice will eliminate hurt feelings if someone else pays first and the person with the offer loses out. Again, common courtesy.
Always put yourself in the other person's position and treat them the way you would expect to be treated. (The golden rule)

You asked for our opinion. This is my 2 cents worth.
Oct 15, 2017, 06:33 PM

ahub

policy is fine, good man to deal with
Nov 02, 2017, 03:05 PM

comment

they look very close to my rules, Uncle George
Jun 29, 2018, 10:55 PM
Mr

Sound system

Is the sound system still available?

Quick Reply