***New plane: AXIOM V3*** - RC Groups
Nov 29, 2013, 02:21 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
New Product

***New plane: AXIOM V3***

Hey guys!

For the past few months I have been testing a new airframe: AXIOM V3

This is the best freestyle design I have flown!
Expertly designed by fellow RCGroups member shockflyer12345, this airframe will allow you to explore the deepest depths of 3D flying. Beside for flying like it is on rails, this plane will become crazy with just a few stick movements.
The build was very straight forward. I went crazy with the milling, carbon, ball links, and magnet wire, but even with all this, it was still a delightful build!
Get your plans from shockflyer12345, he was very communicative and helpful.(thank you)

Enough talk, please enjoy the build pictures! I will post a video as soon as I can!

Once again, I would like to thank Shockflyer12345!

To God be the glory!

Free

P.S. Some specs: AUW 5.1oz, Hacker A10-9L, Futaba servos, Plush 12 ESC.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2013, 04:28 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Here's the video!

Free

AXIOM V3 (1 min 57 sec)
Nov 30, 2013, 08:52 PM
JR > Futaba
Looks awesome. Great attention to detail and craftsmanship on the build.
--Brian
Jan 04, 2014, 08:55 PM
aka ECAA3D
Nice build free.

Ironically your axioms profile looks an awful lot like my Slayer. Great minds think alike

Just flew today on TH lite motor, KV is a little high, vertical seemed like the crack yak on 3s. Waiting for Turnigy 2204 to show up, my favorite motor so far for 5.4oz depron.

Those counterbalances give insane roll rate, it's good for indoor, but a little wind full speed I noticed some flutter. Can't wait to fly in no wind. Ended up with another cross brace on the inside half of the aileron.

The roll rate really is ridiculous, but it's fun. Flies very well.
Jan 04, 2014, 09:04 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Nice looking plane!!!

The Axiom is actually not my design. It was designed by "shockflyer12345".

Have you tried the Hacker A10-9L?

Free
Jan 04, 2014, 09:34 PM
aka ECAA3D
Thanks. The VPP version of the SLayer already had a faster roll rate than the Extra 330(blue one) , I think I over did it with the counter balances. Maybe take the wing back out 5cm. Downline it was just insane, 3114s held well, first snap I actually lost the prop. Snapped one of the light bands right off.

Yeah I re-read the first post. Nice plane though.

Haven't tried the a10-9l yet, I'm going to nab one up soon. That Turnigy is right at 20 grams and its smooth and pretty much perfect for 5.5oz planes. Plus it's like 9 dollars.
I'm sure I'd be happy with the Hacker but I'm trying to get the VPP thing sorted. Oh yeah...I melted my wing on the VPP slayer by accident so....new build commences tomorrow. need to order up some carbon strips. I think I'm pretty much out.
Jan 07, 2014, 04:10 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
I like your design!! I might suggest giving the elevator a bigger span, and maybe a bit smaller counter balances on the ailerons, but beside for that, it looks nice!

Vid?

Free
Jan 26, 2014, 12:15 AM
aka ECAA3D
My daughter allowed me one flight before we had to hit the park, you can see her in the end about tired of waiting.

This one has been on hold for a week or 2, needed a replacement aileron servo from Futaba as the first one jittered like mad.

Aileron throw was set pretty low and I didn't want to chance the third flight with super high roll rate over the water, if she went in the drink she was pretty much lost. Got some more time in today with more throw, it's a keeper.

m0dest and the Slayer (2 min 35 sec)
Jan 27, 2014, 11:47 AM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Nice flying!!
The plane performs nicely.

Free
Jan 27, 2014, 12:42 PM
aka ECAA3D
Thanks free!!

Started cutting and going to be milling the next one this week with an updated wing,d47s and mamo.
Jan 27, 2014, 01:02 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
Awesome!! I can't wait to see it!

Free