2013 Awards Banquet - RC Groups
Nov 25, 2013, 11:51 AM
Alert

2013 Awards Banquet

Kipp Geisler has reserved a new location for our annual Christmas Party - Awards Banquet. The date is December 14th at 5:30 PM at Sudwerk in Davis. This location will afford us with a larger, private room that will be more conducive to socializing. The bar opens at 4:30 PM (which the Irish consider a respectable drinking hour). The cost is $32 per person payable at the restaurant. Sudwerk is asking for a head count so let Kipp know if you plan on attending. You can contact Kipp via email or phone; crkipp@sbcglobal.net, 530-902-2146

Sudwerk is located on 2nd Street in Davis which runs parallel to I-80 on the north side of the freeway. The easiest access is from I-80 and Mace Blvd. Here's a link to the Sudwerk web site. With a bit of poking around the web site, you'll find a map of their location. Your driving time will be the same as going to the field.

http://www.sudwerk.com/Sudwerk.html

This is as much a dinner and social event as it is an awards ceremony. Many lasting friendships have been forged at events such as these. Unless you don't like her, there's no reason to leave your wife at home. EVERYONE is invited and encouraged to attend.

As a closet Irishman, I'll see ya at 4:30. I'll buy the first round. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Dudley
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2013, 04:22 PM
I am really looking forward to our club banquet! A lot of fun and friends plus a nice choice of locally brewed specialty beers. The meeting room is much better than the one we used at the steak house. Com' on y'all, let Kip know you will be there!

Jonathan
Dec 15, 2013, 05:09 PM

Fabulous Evening

Laurie said that was our best awards banquet ever and I concur. We had a great time. It was apparent from the joyous atmosphere in the room that everyone had an enjoyable evening. Thanks to Kipp Geisler for putting this all together. It looked to me like we had a record attendance. It was great to see so many first time attendees. Sudwerks turned out to be everything that we'd hoped for and more. The food was excellent. I'd like to see us make a return visit next year. Ron Kucera did a great job on the trophies, as he does every year. President Falarski was dressed to the 9's and his presentations were delightful. Jonathan's brewery tour was a huge success and a nice bonus to our special evening. It was very considerate of Neil Nolte to serve as our official photographer especially when the newsletter editor had a brain fart and forgot to bring a camera. It's always fun to see our members' spouses in attendance. It's funny how quick we renew friendships even after a year's absence. I overheard a member commenting that we are as much a social club as we are a flying club. That was certainly apparent last night!!!

Dudley