Feb 13, 2017, 02:59 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
hi guys, i want to replace my MT 8x4 prop with 9x5 prop, so i'm ordering from oline store, but when it arrive they give me CW prop (i'm forget to take a note to them because i thought for the plane is always CCW prop)

my question is, if i'm using CW prop and just reverse my motor direction it will be fine? and what a particular reason plane prop is always CCW?
i'm sory for noob question, i'm new with CW prop for plane, i don't want my fresh MT stall because false prop direction thing
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2017, 03:44 AM
edited
Last edited by mike_o; Sep 11, 2017 at 02:38 AM.
Feb 13, 2017, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o
The prop direction originates from the times of internal combustion engines, which by convention rotate CCW. Some planes have a specific thrust side angle to compensate for the so-called P-factor caused by the props rotation, and that side angle is dependant on the direction of rotation. The MiniTalon, however, is designed with a straight thrust line, so you can use any prop on that.

In fact a, CW prop (also called "pusher" prop or "left" prop) has the advantage over the normal CCW prop that in pusher application, the moment of the motor will help keep the prop nut tightly in place. So reverse motor direction, use the CW prop, and be happy
oh you save my day thank you !!
Feb 13, 2017, 05:20 AM
Registered DSer
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyst
Do u use head tracking with this servo?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
No head trcking, I use a slider on the Taranis. Easy to access, and I program a centre-beep for an audible confirmation of centering (looking forwards).
Feb 13, 2017, 05:28 AM
9W2DLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Hey Lee!

Yea, the set-up I have on Thingiverse was my first design which is a little heavier but not significantly. This simpler design came out of a couple folks here asking if there was a way to do a simple cut-out version because they didn't have access to 3D printing. So I made a simplified version which I haven't released anywhere but here. I'm using the simpler one first to get it all dialed in with respect to thrust angles, CG, wing stiffening , etc. I'll then make what-ever changes are necessary (if any) to the ones on Thingiverse, do an update and swap the simple ones out for the "swoopy" ones

On the ESC's, I mounted them inside under the gear deck so I could keep the battery wires as short as possible.

Cheers Lee, get er done and lets do some tandem flights!
Mark
when you done tinkering please upload then too awesome as always mark
Feb 13, 2017, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flyer
VTOL Project?
Yeap. before the pixhawk arrive

Quote:
Does your friend have a sketch or plan of his awesome looking MT Foamie? Love to build one

I've seen Naza in fixed wing before but don't know if there is a hack for that or not. I'd like to know though as I have two or three of these I could use...
Kind of explains the use of vibration dampers (bobbins) on the gear deck as this is something many people coming over from the MR side seem to want to do. I hard mount everything and never have an issue with vibes in the FC. Occaisionally I will see a little jello in the video but this is always because I have a damaged or un-balanced prop (all my motors are balanced).

Cheers
Mark
Haha ok gotta ask him this coming weekend. and it's actually corrugated plastic not foamie. very tough

Yeap I hard mount my apm on all the planes too but since I be using the Quad function from the Pixhawk Quadplane feature so suspect I better mount it with vibration dampers.
Feb 13, 2017, 07:01 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx
No head trcking, I use a slider on the Taranis. Easy to access, and I program a centre-beep for an audible confirmation of centering (looking forwards).
Head tracking with a 360deg servo is no good. But if you limit the throw to about 180deg then it is fine.
I love head tracking !
Feb 13, 2017, 09:58 AM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
Quote:
I print what ever roll happens to be in the printer most of the time
The skids should be ABS or better in terms of toughness. I also put a thin coat of ABS pipe cement on the skid to keep it from shredding in cut shale landings PLA in some brands is actually stronger than ABS but it is not as tough or flexible and breaks down pretty quickly in the desert environment because it is a biodegradable plastic and it is not tolerant of UV. Most other parts don't really matter too much. I like petg too but it doesn't like Nevada heat
Do you have a favorite brand or product as far as filament? Shipping for me to order it directly from Prusa is prohibitive.
I see the Hatchbox filaments are highly rated on Amazon. Just curious if you have a favorite you recommend.
Thanks!
Feb 13, 2017, 10:13 AM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey
Do you have a favorite brand or product as far as filament? Shipping for me to order it directly from Prusa is prohibitive.
I see the Hatchbox filaments are highly rated on Amazon. Just curious if you have a favorite you recommend.
Thanks!
Hatchbox and eSun brands are all I use. I like the eSun PLA Pro because it is stronger than std PLA and I have found nothing that prints better than Hatchbox.

Hope that helps!
Mark
Latest blog entry: Hobby Vacuum Former
Feb 13, 2017, 09:15 PM

Talon MINI FPV plane--official thread

+1 Hatchbox ABS for my Prusa i3 works great! Three new MT's in production now. Printing out Mark's 3D models so my friends can all fly together like a flock of birds this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feb 13, 2017, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militiaman52
+1 Hatchbox ABS for my Prusa i3 works great! Three new MT's in production now. Printing out Mark's 3D models so my friends can all fly together like a flock of birds this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Friends? what are those

Nice printer getting the MK2 myself this spring.

Also thinking about getting a MT again to use with my micro vector.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor357
Friends? what are those

Nice printer getting the MK2 myself this spring.

Also thinking about getting a MT again to use with my micro vector.
Had to wait 4 weeks for the kit to ship from the Czech Republic, but it's really worth it.
Feb 13, 2017, 11:12 PM
hallo.. please.halp me for setting auto take off arduplane ..iam.not.understand my aircraft no trotle lounching for.mode auto
Feb 14, 2017, 12:43 AM
KG7TTQ - Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator
when you done tinkering please upload then too awesome as always mark
Here you go sir skellator, enjoy!
Latest blog entry: Hobby Vacuum Former
Feb 14, 2017, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuhleksono
hallo.. please.halp me for setting auto take off arduplane ..iam.not.understand my aircraft no trotle lounching for.mode auto
hi kukuh, very familiar name you have, from indo?
can you paste your config parameter in here so we can see where your problem is

TKOFF_THR_DELAY
TKOFF_THR_MAX
TKOFF_THR_MINACC
TKOFF_THR_MINSPD

and did you already set a mission ? can you give information what mission you already set?

Quick Reply