to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2016, 04:30 PM
here is my DVR footage not sure whats going on

My Movie (1 min 9 sec)
Jan 06, 2016, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor357
what's the specific problem you're talking about? Your video looks fairly clean on the plane side. There's only a very tiny bit of motor/EMI noise visible (faded white horizontal bands in the background), but it otherwise looks fine.

The problem with the occasional snow specks and the loss of video sync is a problem on the ground, with your VRX, and not on the plane. HTH...
Jan 06, 2016, 05:14 PM
With this setup 10 to 12 miles should be doable and I get complete video out at 2.8 miles and I don't know why. My 5.8GHz 250mw with omni blue beams got this far.
Jan 06, 2016, 06:05 PM
hearme now beleiveme later
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwK...ature=youtu.be
Hey Raptor, obviously you have some major problem somewhere in your 1.3 system.

First of all check your DL dipole, right on the middle, between the pole wires. The tiny little ring rapped around with those very thin gauge wires should be perfectly undamaged. They could be very easily damaged with just handling it. Also check all the soldering on it, The early dipoles had (very few) some issues intermittently touching shorting . Also inspect and tighten firmly the 8mm nut on the antenna to Vtx (SMA connector) hand tight sometimes not enough. Have you tried another dipole?

BTW, your video quality is pretty good, however IMO I think you have loose connection issue somewhere. It could be in the camera or the Vtx itself or wires between the components. Have you tried the wiggle test?? Sounds primitive but it could be very effective diagnosing method. Bending, twisting the wires, tapping the components. You could just do it on the bench. If its rock solid than obviously something else like suggested previously.

I doubt it but it could be some Vrx and its antenna issue ?!?!
Jan 06, 2016, 06:36 PM
My Movie (1 min 7 sec)

there ya go complete static at 4700m.
Jan 06, 2016, 07:03 PM
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crV5...ature=youtu.be

unless I'm missing something, you're simply hitting the edge of your range. That's what happens, you start to see snow & your VRX starts to have issues trying to sync the video signal due to the signal being weaker & more garbled with noise.

If your camera+VRX has the same sync issues at close range, then perhaps there is something wrong with your boardcam. Perhaps the signal levels are too low or the impedance is wrong, dunno. But, if things work fine at close range, then the problem is most likely simply a range issue.

You might want to try switching channels & upgrading the antennas on both the VRX and VTX. If possible, try a different VRX and/or move to a different spot to fly.
Jan 06, 2016, 07:06 PM
fly it high as possible
Quote:

I used WD-40 spray, cleaned up all video connectors on antennas, cables , others...
and could get much better picture even using patch antenna, around 20 km away.
Jan 06, 2016, 07:08 PM
Vtail is easy with this plane on apm/pixhawk

One servo connects to the elevator output and the other to the rudder output.

Search the parameters for the word vtail and you will find one parameter with three or four options (disabled, up/up, up/down, etc.) Try each one until both control surfaces work as expected :-)

As always before your first flight check and make sure stabilization is working properly. While in stabilize mode move the aircraft in different orientations and confirm the control services move in the proper manner to counteract your motions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai_86
Hi guys,

I´m going to build a minitalon, too, My setup wil include a apm2.6 from ardupilot.

So my question is, is someone there, who can send me the flightparamaters of the apm for his mini talon plane,

I´m speial interested in the settings of the vtail- mixing.

best regards.

Rai
Jan 06, 2016, 08:10 PM
I think i'll try my other DL dipole, then move and test again if that doesn't work i'm trashing my 1.2 equipment
Jan 06, 2016, 08:20 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
I think i'll try my other DL dipole, then move and test again if that doesn't work i'm trashing my 1.2 equipment
I sent you a PM. Don't trash it. Just narrow things down one at a time as suggested by everyone. You'll be happy once everything it is at 100%.
Jan 06, 2016, 08:32 PM
Long Range FPV addict
Quote:

I think you are getting external interference.
I have flown 32km out in my Mini Talon and 45km out in my X-UAV Talon with perfect video in the same location, however on one day this happened to me.
FPV - Major Brown Pants Moment with Phantom FX-61 (12 min 3 sec)

I always check the frequencies before take off without the vTX on to see if there is any flickering signal. On this day I checked 1280 and saw a flickering signal and changed to 1258. I accidentally switched back to 1280 before I took off and you can see the result.
The effect is similar to your problem. Sometimes we blame our systems when the cause is external
Jan 06, 2016, 08:38 PM
Anyone added airscoops for motor cooling? I don't see the motor getting much cooling airflow as it is now.
The ss2216 could probably use it with a 9x6 prop.
Two holes in the foam near the motor mount plate + glued on plastic spoons should greatly improve the cooling.
Jan 06, 2016, 08:53 PM
i've never had any heat issues with the ss2216 on 4s with 9x6
Jan 07, 2016, 01:20 PM
Sure? ll mostly be flying low and fast, so it has to hold for 1 minute + runs at full throttle.
Its obviously going to handle general cruising just fine, as the talon uses so little energy to cruise at 50 km/h.

Quick Reply