Nov 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
Where's the wind?
Thread OP
Alert

Canuck Engineering - Closed Until Further Notice

Canuck Engineering is not processing orders until futher notice.

I currently am in the process of moving out of my rented shop space but have not been able to secure a new location. The current location property owner was trying to lock me into another year along with raising the rent.

I said I would be out by the end of the month as my wife and I have been looking to move out of downtown for many months. She just recently got a new job in south Boulder so having he shop downtown and fighting traffic is just not going to work.

I'm not sure when Canuck Engineering will reopen.

I have a couple weeks to disassemble the CNC router and move everything into storage while I try and find a new better location.

I'm looking to buy property with a commute 30mins or less from Broomfield and south Boulder where we can live and also have some space for the shop.

If we can't find affordable, suitable property by the end of this year will be moving out of the front range and on to greener pastures. I need some quality of life again.

I'm open to options on where to move if I'm forced to go that route.

I'm tired of 1.5 hrs fighting traffic to and from work and the shop. I'm tired of no space. I'm tired of tiny appartments and outrageous rent. I'm tired of having most of my stuff packed in rented storage. I'm tired of leaving for work and 8am and not getting home till 10:30pm 5 -7 days a week.

Andrew
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2013, 01:13 PM
Flagstaff, AZ
Andrew:

I hope you work it out soon. You are an asset to our (slope hobby) community. I look forward to your grand re-opening.

Good luck!

Dawson
Nov 21, 2013, 02:17 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Ditto what Dawson said Andrew, and I completely understand the desire to not spend that many hours on the road each day - I lived in L.A. for 18 years! Here's to your finding a better quality of life!
Nov 22, 2013, 02:22 AM
Sky Surfers
Go for it Andrew.

Can't wait to hear that you have found a place that will fill the bill and then some.

Thanks for what you do.

Pete in Idaho
Nov 22, 2013, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_canuck
Canuck Engineering is not processing orders until futher notice.

I currently am in the process of moving out of my rented shop space but have not been able to secure a new location. The current location property owner was trying to lock me into another year along with raising the rent.

I said I would be out by the end of the month as my wife and I have been looking to move out of downtown for many months. She just recently got a new job in south Boulder so having he shop downtown and fighting traffic is just not going to work.

I'm not sure when Canuck Engineering will reopen.

I have a couple weeks to disassemble the CNC router and move everything into storage while I try and find a new better location.

I'm looking to buy property with a commute 30mins or less from Broomfield and south Boulder where we can live and also have some space for the shop.

If we can't find affordable, suitable property by the end of this year will be moving out of the front range and on to greener pastures. I need some quality of life again.

I'm open to options on where to move if I'm forced to go that route.

I'm tired of 1.5 hrs fighting traffic to and from work and the shop. I'm tired of no space. I'm tired of tiny appartments and outrageous rent. I'm tired of having most of my stuff packed in rented storage. I'm tired of leaving for work and 8am and not getting home till 10:30pm 5 -7 days a week.

Andrew
I hope you get it sorted out soon, you have great product!

Maybe you should move somewhere (even if it is another state) where you can buy a house and then you can stop paying high rent. Rent is just going to get higher and higher as the decades go by..
Nov 22, 2013, 08:48 AM
Deniable plausibility
I'm always sorry to hear of any small business closing but what one does has to be worth doing. Hope it all works out for you.
Nov 22, 2013, 10:10 AM
I am with you brutha. I worked and commuted for years to LA like Robh and it blows. Moved to Tehachapi and life improved a lot. Good luck with it all man.

Jim
Nov 22, 2013, 10:24 AM
Fun ain't cheap!
Andrew,
Tough decision to make, but for all the right reasons. Get things going the right direction and everything else will work itself out.

All of us slopers will still be here, if and when you decide to power up Canuck again: you've built up a great reputation and it will surely pass the test of time.

Andy
Nov 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
I wish you the best.
Nov 22, 2013, 01:31 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Take care Andrew and try not to worry too much. You'll get it all worked out. It'll be good to see you up and running again you've got a great product.

Dave

Quick Reply